Recent movies you saw - recommend or no | Page 115 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Recent movies you saw - recommend or no

Spectre - A bit long-winded but an entertaining Bond movie.

Watched The Hateful Eight last night and it was awesome. True Tarantino form, one of his best in my opinion. Not to all tastes, total guy movie. Lots of dialogue and character development. So if you like the Kill Bill Tarantino you may be disappointed. More towards Inglourious Basterds. It's so politically incorrect, pulls no punches with endless N-bombs and a female character getting beat up throughout the film. I can already hear the feminists getting ready to condemn this movie.

I saw Star Wars VII. I wouldn't recommend it, it was a bad movie.

Watched The Hateful Eight last night and it was awesome. True Tarantino form, one of his best in my opinion. Not to all tastes, total guy movie. Lots of dialogue and character development. So if you like the Kill Bill Tarantino you may be disappointed. More towards Inglourious Basterds. It's so politically incorrect, pulls no punches with endless N-bombs and a female character getting beat up throughout the film. I can already hear the feminists getting ready to condemn this movie.
The thing I hated about that movie was it is too long. You can watch the first 15mins then come back for the last 2 hrs.

In the Heart of the Sea:
Good movie - a different viewpoint on Moby Dick. If you're into period films, it does a decent job.

The Revenant:
Meh. Parts were good, but was a bit drawn out and could have had 20 minutes hacked out quite easily. Don't understand why DiCaprio says it was his most difficult role ever. Gets mauled. Grunts a lot and crawls on the ground a whole bunch. Minimal dialogue in all reality.

The Hateful 8:
A typical Tarantino film, as what most people earlier have touched on.

Legend:
Tom Hardy plays twin brothers who were crime bosses in London, England in the 50's and 60's. One brother is gangster smart, the other has mental issues and is unbalanced. Hardy does a good job, and the film is relatively entertaining.

Didn't like the bond movie. I don't like Daniel Craig as bond or an actor. They need to get Connery back or a clone.

One of my coworkers saw it in 70mm and said it was great.

I saw the 70mm projection and it was great. I appreciated the field of view afforded by the 70mm film. It gave it an interesting look.

Its a film people will either like or hate with little middle ground.

Here is the thing....

I'm gonna see the Hateful Eight because i happen to enjoy Quentin's work. Each have their own appeal.

Star Wars was decent for fans of the original films.

Bond is a decent action film. Better than some of the more recent action flicks. With exception to Mission as some of the stunts are pretty awesome.

Want better value and entertainment? Read a book.

Munch on popcorn or twizzlers along with a bladder busting pop, These films will pass the time away just fine.

Damn, it's cold and miss riding already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Star Wars - There's better and worse SW films but I still liked this one.

The Big Short - They had a decent idea but the movie falls short and I was really hoping it would end an hour before it actually did.

Creed - Meh. Selling Rocky to the younger R&B crowd.

Don't understand why DiCaprio says it was his most difficult role ever. Gets mauled. Grunts a lot and crawls on the ground a whole bunch. Minimal dialogue in all reality.

Personally I don't think dialogue is the most important part of acting. I thought he did a great job of grunting and crawling ;)

Saw the big short. It was pretty good. Steve Carrell did a great job acting. Worth the time.

I second this. Also liked Christian Bale. As the movie progresses it gets more and more sobering, with depictions of real events that would make no sense in the worst Hollywood scripts.

This was a very interesting movie. Safe to assume its not everyones cup of tea. Not action and killing but an interesting plot and a fresh look at life.

[video=youtube;DT6QJaS2a-U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT6QJaS2a-U[/video]

Enjoyed Bridge of Spies with Tom Hanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This was a good movie.

Joy was all over the place, but decent in the end. 6.5/10

Everest was a nice visual movie. Great shots and hard to believe true story. Does get a bit predictable. 7/10

Sicario was a nice, keep the audience in the dark, action/cartel movie. Emily Blunt was good, but Del Toro stole the show. 9/10

Back
Top Bottom