Recent movies you saw - recommend or no | Page 114 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Recent movies you saw - recommend or no

STAR WARS! Very well done, did not disappoint!

I saw it with my son opening day. It was his birthday and very pumped. He just turned 7.

I'm sure the majority of Sw fans will see it no matter what and those that won't, won't.

It will satisfy a lot of folks that enjoy it.

It was good. But there are some let downs or disappointments. At least by this fan.

Wont get into the specifics of the let downs to avoid any spoilers.

It does a good job bridging the previous story to carry on the franchise in what ever direction they want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw it with my son opening day. It was his birthday and very pumped. He just turned 7.

I'm sure the majority of Sw fans will see it no matter what and those that won't, won't.

It was good. But there are some let downs or disappointments. At least by this fan.

It does a good job bridging the previous story to carry on the franchise in what ever direction they want.

Fair enough. It's not a perfect movie but it captured the feel perfectly imo. I'm not a huge Star Wars geek though so for me it was about having a good time and trying to capture the fun of the original movie.

I am a Trekkie though and I almost gagged when I watched the trailer for Beyond:

[video]https://youtu.be/XRVD32rnzOw[/video]

I thought the movie was better than it was going to be. I had low expectations after seeing what Abrams did to Star Trek but was pleasantly surprised that the tactility of the Star Wars universe was largely as it should have been. I will disagree, respectfully, that there was any "bridging" of storylines however. I too will not comment further (re spoilers); I'll definitely agree with you that there were some glaring, IMO, disappointments and leave it there for now.

Really wish I could grouse and grumble here about those shortcomings... :)

I thought the movie was better than it was going to be. I had low expectations after seeing what Abrams did to Star Trek but was pleasantly surprised that the tactility of the Star Wars universe was largely as it should have been. I will disagree, respectfully, that there was any "bridging" of storylines however. I too will not comment further (re spoilers); I'll definitely agree with you that there were some glaring, IMO, disappointments and leave it there for now.

Really wish I could grouse and grumble here about those shortcomings... :)

So how long do we have to keep the grumbling a under wraps????

I can't clarify or retort without mention of the story line.....lol.

It is a good movie. And I'm not one to nit pick.

Just a few things kind of irked me or noticed. And I generally don't look for things that i noticed.

Meh, it's just a movie.

I am a Trekkie though and I almost gagged when I watched the trailer for Beyond:

[video]https://youtu.be/XRVD32rnzOw[/video]

According to Simon Pegg, (he co-wrote this one), it was just the way the trailer was cut. The actually movie is closer to the 'Star Trek everyone expects' and not a 2Enterprise2Furious version.

According to Simon Pegg, (he co-wrote this one), it was just the way the trailer was cut. The actually movie is closer to the 'Star Trek everyone expects' and not a 2Enterprise2Furious version.

lol 2Enterprise2Furious... I like that. Yea I know and I'm hoping that's the case. I accept that Trek movies are gonna be more action oriented but the teaser was god awful lol.

I saw the same video of Pegg. While I find it encouraging, any way you slice it I'm tired of seeing the Enterprise explode. Mariners are a superstitious lot and I would imagine it extends to spacefaring. If that many ships with the same name were destroyed, they would stop naming ships Enterprise.

Yeah, I know. Reboot universe.

After watching Episode iv, only one criticism remains about vii and can't really say what it is without discussing the movie.

We should start a new thread entitled "Star Wars TFA Discussion !!WARNING -- SPOILERS!!" where we can speak freely.

I wonder if they'll do a reboot of Star trek TNG with a movie like they did with the original series. Most of the characters can be replaces by newer younger ones, but I imagine Patrick Stewart would be impossible to replace.

I wonder if they'll do a reboot of Star trek TNG with a movie like they did with the original series. Most of the characters can be replaces by newer younger ones, but I imagine Patrick Stewart would be impossible to replace.

For those of us who saw the original series, the first time around, Shatner is impossible to replace. And Nimoy. And Kelly. And Nichols. And Doohan.

For those of us who saw the original series, the first time around, Shatner is impossible to replace. And Nimoy. And Kelly. And Nichols. And Doohan.

I don't mind it. I saw some of the original and I didn't mind the change.

Edit: The dilemma is that we want more content. New spin-offs might not jive with what we are used to. We love the originals because of how well everything came. Is it better to have spin off with something you are more than likely to not like because of the high regard you have the original or is it better to same series with a new cast (that aren't dead or dying) with new or modernized stories.

It didn't work for Bond reboots, but it did work for new star trek movie

Last edited:
Just saw "The Force Awakens." Here's another up-vote. It's got more original trilogy feel than if you strip-mined it out of all episodes I-III. In fact consider the prequels to be a bad dream, a la "Dallas" season 9, and just consider episodes IV-VII to be the series.

Edit: The dilemma is that we want more content. New spin-offs might not jive with what we are used to. We love the originals because of how well everything came. Is it better to have spin off with something you are more than likely to not like because of the high regard you have the original or is it better to same series with a new cast (that aren't dead or dying) with new or modernized stories.

Funny thing; the Daniel Craig "Bond" is far closer to that of the original novels, than are any of the movies that came before. So far the Star Trek movies haven't been Star Trek.

Personally, I hope the next TV series takes place farther in the future and gets back to exploring new frontiers while dealing with social and political issues. I guess what I want is a TNG with for the next ​generation.

I saw the new Star Wars, no spoilers don't worry... But it's not a "star wars". It's more like a modern day action movie with some star wars characters. Maybe I am too much of a star wars fan but I was terribly disappointed.

"If i was educated, I'd be a damn fool"

I just started a StarWars thread in the romper room and put a spoiler alert so we can freely discuss.

"If i was educated, I'd be a damn fool"

Sicario

Great thriller based around the war on drugs and mexican drug cartels. Emily Blunt and Benicio Del Torro are both fantastic. Not a whole lot of dialogue to be honest, the scenes themselves speak volumes.
Yes very intense. Body language was all that was needed to bring the intensity of the film.

I reviewed it when it was first released in theaters

Sicario

Great thriller based around the war on drugs and mexican drug cartels. Emily Blunt and Benicio Del Torro are both fantastic. Not a whole lot of dialogue to be honest, the scenes themselves speak volumes.
+1 for sicario .... Awesome acting

Just saw Creed... Another amazing performance... And I've never seen a rocky movie but enjoyed it nonetheless

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom