PSA- Beware Kijiji Scum | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

PSA- Beware Kijiji Scum

N.A ....

Learned or learnt.
These are alternative forms of the past tense and past participle of the verb learn. Both are acceptable, but learned is often used in both British English and American English, while learnt is much more common in British English than in American English.

We learned the news at about three o'clock.
They learnt the train times by heart.

There are a number of other verbs which follow the same pattern in forming the past tense and past participle:

I burned/burnt the toast by mistake.
He dreamed/dreamt about his holiday.
Luke kneeled/knelt down to find his contact lens.
Tanya spoiled/spoilt her dinner.
She spelled/spelt her surname an unusual way.

I don't think there's anything such as "learned" in British vocabulary

Yeah that sounds like a wonderful idea except the MTO and financial institutions are notoriously slow at cooperating to modify lien status. I paid off a bike 2 years prior to selling it privately and it still showed a lien on the UVIP.

You should have collected your $500 then, you were entitled to it. Details here.

Liens have to be cleared within 30 days, by law...if not, go collect your $500 as you pass go, and maybe more if you can prove damages. That gets their attention.

I know it can be done in about 15 minutes since I watched it happen, but you have to insist on a rapid clearance when you're at your financial institution. YMMV.

N.A ....

Learned or learnt.
These are alternative forms of the past tense and past participle of the verb learn. Both are acceptable, but learned is often used in both British English and American English, while learnt is much more common in British English than in American English.

We learned the news at about three o'clock.
They learnt the train times by heart.

There are a number of other verbs which follow the same pattern in forming the past tense and past participle:

I burned/burnt the toast by mistake.
He dreamed/dreamt about his holiday.
Luke kneeled/knelt down to find his contact lens.
Tanya spoiled/spoilt her dinner.
She spelled/spelt her surname an unusual way.
Thanks media, yes, I speak NZ English which is similar to Canadian English. Though, in the past 15+ year's I've seen more Canadians speaking like Americans with 'zee' and spelling it 'color' rather than 'colour'.

Anyway, we've gone right off topic here..

I have to admit that I find it oddly hilarious that after all the hubub about the bike and the attempted deceit...that the guy selling the bike shows up in this very thread and it's all but ignored. People proceed to fight about the spelling and pronunciation of words instead.

I have to admit that I find it oddly hilarious that after all the hubub about the bike and the attempted deceit...that the guy selling the bike shows up in this very thread and it's all but ignored. People proceed to fight about the spelling and pronunciation of words instead.

That's why I love this forum, like bits and bites, you never know what you're going to get.

What do you propose we do? Hagle him until we receive an infraction?

Have a pig roast ?
attachment.php

If that were true you wouldn't tell the O/P what you did for a living. Instead you try to leverage your profession to make the sale...

what I don't appreciate is the fact that I told you in confidentiality what I do for a living, and now you're posting this information online. I try to keep my private and professional life separate.

For what? I don't think the mods would take much issue with trying to save a fellow rider from being financially hosed so long as the discussion stays tactful.

That's why I love this forum, like bits and bites, you never know what you're going to get.
Keeps me entertained.

He's been outed. Not much more to do but go off on a tangent....

For what? I don't think the mods would take much issue with trying to save a fellow rider from being financially hosed so long as the discussion stays tactful.
It's out already. The Internet already knows. Nothing much else can be done

It's out already. The Internet already knows. Nothing much else can be done

Maybe @mmmnaked can email him again.. get him all fired up. It's a slow day at work; I could use the entertainment lol

Ooooh! I love bits and bites!
What were we talking about again?

Sent from my custom Purple Joe Bass mobile on Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom