PSA- Beware Kijiji Scum | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

PSA- Beware Kijiji Scum

i hope you contact london cops as suggested, don't let it slide. as for 1400km's there are all sorts of video's of people changing odometer readings electronically on cars and bikes. all sorts of devices for sale to do it - on the u tube videos comments section as well. as for another poster saying its very difficult or almost impossible- search the you tube vids and watch guys doing it in a matter of minutes. watched one you tube vid where a guy changed about 6 cars odometers electronically in about a half hour...on a used car lot while being secretly video taped. then they confronted the lot owner - priceless. I wonder when i see a low km bike for sale... buyer beware.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO1kUXWshEA

A great deal of time and effort went into re-designing odometers back in the 1970s and 80s to make them tamper proof.
But as we all know, whatever the mind of man can find a way to do, the mind of man can find a way to undo.

i hope you contact london cops as suggested, don't let it slide. as for 1400km's there are all sorts of video's of people changing odometer readings electronically on cars and bikes. all sorts of devices for sale to do it - on the u tube videos comments section as well. as for another poster saying its very difficult or almost impossible- search the you tube vids and watch guys doing it in a matter of minutes. watched one you tube vid where a guy changed about 6 cars odometers electronically in about a half hour...on a used car lot while being secretly video taped. then they confronted the lot owner - priceless. I wonder when i see a low km bike for sale... buyer beware.

This; it's really not that hard with the right tools.

@privatepilot I do agree. Why would one bother for 10k... Maybe if it was 105k down to 95k.

Did you at least call the station to confirm?
If he is a cop then you might still have a legit deal if he is not then run away from that deal.

I think its the other way around. If he's a cop and even if you have incontrovertible proof and have posted it on YouTube, he will only be subject to an internal review. Based on numerous cases in the media, the worst he will get is a bit of time off without pay (assuming the media pick up on it). If he wasn't a cop, you could take your evidence to the cops and have him charged with fraud, and he'd be tried in a real court.

Police Officers in Ontario are subject to the discreditable conduct sections of the Ontario Police Act for actions both on and off duty.
By claiming to be a police officer and selling a bike as lien free when it had liens on it qualifies.

The plot thickens:

0ba7a1b0ee11c53aeb39434bd845da84.jpg

He did attach a picture of the VIN #

I've asked him how much is owing and if we can go to his bank together to pay off the bike and remove the lien.

Here comes the back tracking. I am going to write a formal inquiry to the London Police service, but I would have no proof? Just what he told me in person. I was with 3 people though who he told the same thing?

You're going to call the cops on a guy who is lying?

You're going to call the cops on a guy who is lying?

They have the best lie detectors. And they might shoot him in the face.

He is probably a cop they are usually as crooked as it comes. I don't see anything illegal he has done here yet? Dishonest sure but illegal?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Just have another guy contact him on the bike, pretend to be in a rush, ask him a few questions and see if there is still a lien on the bike. Itll probably disappear miraculously as he will assume that the rushed person wont get a UVIP.

I googled searched impersonating a police officer and this is what came up:

Impersonating a police officer is sometimes committed in order to assert police-like authority in order to commit a crime. Posing as a police officer enables the offender to legitimize the appearance of an illegal act, such as: burglary, making a traffic stop, or detaining.

Now not sure if this is the exact letter of the law, but if it is not sure it would be anything this person could be charged with if not a cop.

Do like what some would do, waste his time. Set up an appointment & never show. Tell him you're coming & never show last minute. Technically he's wasting alot of peoples time

Looks like we've got him pinned on a technicality. This guy's going down.

I just sent him a link to this thread hope he joins :cool::eek:

Hi,

I just wanted to save anyone the hassle and get the word out to save anyone hassle.
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-bikes/...99/1180291068?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

This guy selling the Panigale is the ultimate scum of the earth. 6 months ago while I was looking for a Panigale I went to London after he told me the bike had no liens etc, took my friends time and his truck and we get there, claims hes a police officer, and tells me everything I want to hear. I brought cash and this is my second visit to see the motorcycle now with the truck ready to complete transaction. I ask for the UVIP, he tells me here it is, but he is missing the page with the lien information. Finally he coughs it up and tells me there is a lein but he "promises" to pay for it monthly. Tried to get it right under my nose. Whats more this bastard claims hes a cop.

Who knows, maybe he did pay it off now, BUT BUYER BEWARE!! I was ****ing ****** coming back home, taking my friends time and my time for some ******** to try to screw me.

I can see someone falling for this, and who knows, maybe noone will see it, but I hope even if its a 1% chance that someone does not get screwed I wanted to post this.

He nickname is Q"Ducati". London Police Officer...

The problem when you don't know a situation, is that you look very foolish when you're wrong. We can discuss at lengths how you presented yourself in person, but I won't attack you publicly; I'll send you a PM. A bike is difficult to sell with a lien, so I've since paid it off. However, a small dollar amount that the bank miscalculated on is still outstanding. I will never deal with another bank that doesn't have a physical location in my city.

now that my laundry has been aired out on a forum I rarely visit, I'll explain to the other members that my family has grown exponentially since I purchased the bike in 2014. It's literally sitting in my garage with exactly 1716kms on it now. With no time to ride, I don't see a point in keeping it and throwing away money to insurance.

I came up with several suggestions to sonduren on how I could complete the transaction, but we couldn't agree on any of them. He never confirmed whether or not there was a lien on it, and simply showed up to my address with several friends and a truck. It was only then that he found out there was a lien on it, and wasn't open to any solutions. I removed the ad at the time, again understanding how difficult it was to sell a bike with a lien.

what I don't appreciate is the fact that I told you in confidentiality what I do for a living, and now you're posting this information online. I try to keep my private and professional life separate. If you believed this was a scam, there were other, more mature ways to go about it. You were afraid that I'd take your money and repo the bike. I explained that I work for the city and provided you with my full name, stressing that I cannot get away with something so heinous.

The sale is legit; there is no scam. If the mods can have a look and delete this for privacy reasons, it would be much appreciated.

No personal info was revealed in this thread and you are a would-be scammer. I hope this thread stays up.

No personal info was revealed in this thread and you are a would-be scammer. I hope this thread stays up.

Easy enough to track down through his ad...entertaining...however, I sure hope Sonduren doesn't get any tickets he wants to fight in the future! LMAO.

The problem when you don't know a situation, is that you look very foolish when you're wrong. We can discuss at lengths how you presented yourself in person, but I won't attack you publicly; I'll send you a PM. A bike is difficult to sell with a lien, so I've since paid it off. However, a small dollar amount that the bank miscalculated on is still outstanding. I will never deal with another bank that doesn't have a physical location in my city.

now that my laundry has been aired out on a forum I rarely visit, I'll explain to the other members that my family has grown exponentially since I purchased the bike in 2014. It's literally sitting in my garage with exactly 1716kms on it now. With no time to ride, I don't see a point in keeping it and throwing away money to insurance.

I came up with several suggestions to sonduren on how I could complete the transaction, but we couldn't agree on any of them. He never confirmed whether or not there was a lien on it, and simply showed up to my address with several friends and a truck. It was only then that he found out there was a lien on it, and wasn't open to any solutions. I removed the ad at the time, again understanding how difficult it was to sell a bike with a lien.

what I don't appreciate is the fact that I told you in confidentiality what I do for a living, and now you're posting this information online. I try to keep my private and professional life separate. If you believed this was a scam, there were other, more mature ways to go about it. You were afraid that I'd take your money and repo the bike. I explained that I work for the city and provided you with my full name, stressing that I cannot get away with something so heinous.

The sale is legit; there is no scam. If the mods can have a look and delete this for privacy reasons, it would be much appreciated.
Actually your skewing the information.
You were NEVER up front on there being a lein on the motorcycle. I DID ask you if the bike is paid off. You used this technicality when you know I was saying is there a lein, but denied it in person saying if the bike is paid off and does it have a lein as 2 different things. As a police officer as you claim, I expect a higher standard from you as your a professional. You purposely hid important information in your ad, you tried to play games around the wording I used to get away with technicality. Any reasonable person would have disclosed the lein upfront. As for trying to get this solved, you did not give me ANY good options. You would not go to Toronto to the bank to pay it off with me because as per your words " too much hassle" but instead you tried to push me into giving you the 13k cash with your verbal promise that you would continue to make the payments. I even suggested let's rewrite a contract stating this but you denied it and said contracts don't mean ****.

Please if you are a cop, know your expected to be at a higher standard. Be upfront about the lein if you aren't trying to rip people off. I wasted a lot of time with you and my friends being a good nice buyer and all I wanted was the bike.

I suggest you pay the lein of disclose it upfront next time you try to sell the motorcycle.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

I have a bridge to sell you in Manhattan. Call me at 416-555-5555.

What do you mean, a scam?

Mods, please delete this post for privacy reasons.

Back
Top Bottom