PSA- Beware Kijiji Scum | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

PSA- Beware Kijiji Scum

He is still claiming the bike is lien free:

33x8tit.png

Contact Kijiji, they'll ban him but he'll just be back up under another email address. I wonder if the guy can be charged if you call the cops in London and ask for the motor vehicle theft unit. They might go and try and buy the bike. He'll end up in jail.

"No Liens"

Though in a previous post you admit it does have a lein. This is what I am getting at. You have had the bike for sale for 6 months, and you can't tell people if it has a Lien or not properly. I expect a normal person to be able to truthfully disclose this.

Though yes. Mods delete this thread if you feel it is unfit. In no way was I trying to start a witch hunt for a person. I did not reveal his name, address, number or any pertaining information. Simply his alias from his email, and his ad on Kijiji with my experience. My only goal here was to help people if they were looking into the bike made aware of the actual status.

I hope you decide to fully disclose this in your ads in the future, even if you don't, be truthful about the status of the motorcycle, Liens are nothing to be afraid of if handled appropriately by the seller and buyer.

Last edited:
I'm glad you guys are at least entertained. Sonduren you came to my place twice, once to check out the condition of the bike and had the VIN. At no point did you ask about any liens and I never suggested that there wasn't one. I sold my R1 that had a lien without any issues, as I tried explaining to you but you were very paranoid. I told you that there's no rush to get rid of the bike, as I'm not getting rid of it for financial reasons, but that it's simply collecting dust.

If anyone's replied to the ad and made an appointment to come see the bike, don't waste my time please. I'm a shift worker with 3 small children. I don't have time for games.

I'm glad you guys are at least entertained. Sonduren you came to my place twice, once to check out the condition of the bike and had the VIN. At no point did you ask about any liens and I never suggested that there wasn't one. I sold my R1 that had a lien without any issues, as I tried explaining to you but you were very paranoid. I told you that there's no rush to get rid of the bike, as I'm not getting rid of it for financial reasons, but that it's simply collecting dust.

If anyone's replied to the ad and made an appointment to come see the bike, don't waste my time please. I'm a shift worker with 3 small children. I don't have time for games.

Neither do the people coming to see your bike.

That is not true. I asked if you owned anything on the bike. You told me no. Just like the person above you told him you didn't have a lein. Why did you tell the other person on kijiji it didn't have a lein then? This is not my first time buying a motorcycle or car. More like my 20th. I know to ask for everything and getting the UVIP.

Your the one not being truthful.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Wow! How freaking hard is it to pay off the bank and get the lean removed??? It's been 6 months. If a balance still remains, it must be a significant one.

My god! Why sell it and make it the purchases problem?????

Take the cash from the buyer and go the bloody bank and have the lien removed. End of story.

Instead it's just a hassle. Well it's a bigger hassle for the purchaser.

Want to sell a bike? Make the process easy. Don't want to safety? No problem. But do what needs to be done to get rid of the lien.

Some folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You clearly didn't read my reply. At any rate I'm not going to argue online about this any longer. I replied to the thread to clear up the confusion. I've had to delete the kijiji ad because I'm still getting emails about wanting to see the bike "this evening" and not showing up.

I think the best bet is to get the lien cleared, get the UVIP, take a pic of LIEN section of package and post with the bike pics in the ad. It may help?!?

He's upside down on it. That's why we're all gathered here on this beautiful day.

Yup, and Sonduren was willing to drive all the way to toronto and ensure the lien was cleared. That was apparently to big a hassle :rolleyes:

you would not go to Toronto to the bank to pay it off with me because as per your words " too much hassle" but instead you tried to push me into giving you the 13k cash with your verbal promise that you would continue to make the payments.

I think the best bet is to get the lien cleared, get the UVIP, take a pic of LIEN section of package and post with the bike pics in the ad. It may help?!?
Yeah that sounds like a wonderful idea except the MTO and financial institutions are notoriously slow at cooperating to modify lien status. I paid off a bike 2 years prior to selling it privately and it still showed a lien on the UVIP. The owner was satisfied by a written statement from the financial institution.

I bought a bike with a lien showing on the UVIP.
Bike was in Ottawa
I brought 80% in bank draft and 20% in cash. In case the bike wasn't 100% and price had to be renegotiated.
We talked about the lien from the very beginning. Loan was from dealership. He paid/discharged the lien the week before I showed up.
We went together to deposit the bank draft.
We went together to get the UVIP. Got surprised the lien was still listed.
Went to his TD branch. (TD bank and TD finance don't share much info) They could only see he had a couple of loans and one was closed last week for $xxxx. I got a print out of that.
Phoned TD Auto finance on speaker phone (~40min on hold!) then seller gave me phone to speak with agent. She confirmed lien was discharged for same $xxxx, but another department handles the MTO updates. They have up to 30 days to update lien status.
I was comfortable and completed purchase.

Last edited:
This kind of tomfoolery is why I prefer to get detailed pics and the VIN sent to me before I travel any distance to see a bike. Safer to do the homework yourself imo. If anything comes up, you can request the proof of the lien being cleared before wasting your time

The seller should sell the Ducati LIEN FREE for $10,000 to the OP and take a handshake from the OP that he doesn't make a police complaint against a police officer. The OP gets his dream bike and the cop learns one hell of a lesson and this thread disappears into the archives. This could seriously mess up a cops career. If there is any popo retalitory action against the OP (sorry, you are a cop and cannot be trusted) this thread is resurrected. I don't think Judge Judy could come up with a better solution. The seller is guilty as charged and the onus is on him to make this mess disappear or face career suicide.

edit: sorry sadz, this isn't directed to you, but to the seller.

could help, or you could list it as lien free and hand over the uvip with the last page missing...lmao .. and you have the gall to say the potential buyer is paranoid? you should have apologized for your shameful and dishonest behaviour rather than making up excuses and calling the potential buyer paranoid. unbelievable character for a police officer.

Last edited:
I learnt even more that a lot of cops here are Pricks.

I learnt even more that a lot of cops here are Pricks.
Would you believe me if I told you there's no word in the north American vocabulary such as learnt?

Back
Top Bottom