Paying 6000$ for insurance !!! | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Paying 6000$ for insurance !!!

OP not worth it.
My friendly advice would be 250 for the road, and 600 for the track. By the time you hit 25 you can get a litre bike for the road with your skillz.

Maybe I'm getting to that age where I don't really care about first world problem hardships that younger people have.

-21 years old
-G2 for 2years
-M2
-R6
-language used to communicate one's concern in this post

$6000ish makes sense.

The bike is not even fun to ride on the roads... unless you're doing some crazy stupid shiz... get something more fun instead, like a naked or supermoto... and take this to the track.

You're resilient op. I think you've made up your mind.

$6000 a year for insurance...I would've conceded and not bother with riding. But if you can afford it, then do it.

I'd probably go with a Supermoto route and get a WR250X. But for new riders, nothing else is cool but a sportbike.

Theres a reason its so high.. Shoulda done more research before making thay purchase. Sell the 600 and get a 650. It'll be probably half the price.

I got bored of my CBR600 so I sold it and chased (and passed) some 1000's with my CBR125.

https://youtu.be/dtXdzX5i28E?t=10m14s

Riding a 600SS on the street isnt that fun (unless you dont plan to keep your license)...Nor would it be the best use of your money to spend $6000/year riding it.

Just a quick Q.....what would you consider the boundary between your neighbourhood and riding-without-insurance-land?

Secondary rider insurance thing....do you honestly think they haven't had this tried before?

Also please PM Brian P on this forum...since you mastered the 250 and that 250 is twice the size of his CBR125 there's the makings of an excellent YouTube video here somewhere.

Last lesson....shiny new toys look fine, but as in everything in life, you have to pay to play and some things cost more than others. Check those costs first.

Just a quick Q.....what would you consider the boundary between your neighbourhood and riding-without-insurance-land?

Secondary rider insurance thing....do you honestly think they haven't had this tried before?

Also please PM Brian P on this forum...since you mastered the 250 and that 250 is twice the size of his CBR125 there's the makings of an excellent YouTube video here somewhere.

Last lesson....shiny new toys look fine, but as in everything in life, you have to pay to play and some things cost more than others. Check those costs first.

im obv not perfect like the real riders on the 250 I just didn't like it didn't fit my preference I'm more into the 600 as ive always been . Now riding without insurance isn't something I ever plan on doing it's just not worth it I have a job and work to pay for my expenses. Now riding secondary was an idea not only will I always be riding the bike my father will also ride it at times 50/50 on each side now I'm saying this because I've seen a lot of ppl going in as a secondary rider as apose to driving other vehicles such as cars it's just insane paying so much like there's teens driving cars as primary but yet are listed as secondary if you see what I'm saying

im obv not perfect like the real riders on the 250 I just didn't like it didn't fit my preference I'm more into the 600 as ive always been . Now riding without insurance isn't something I ever plan on doing it's just not worth it I have a job and work to pay for my expenses. Now riding secondary was an idea not only will I always be riding the bike my father will also ride it at times 50/50 on each side now I'm saying this because I've seen a lot of ppl going in as a secondary rider as apose to driving other vehicles such as cars it's just insane paying so much like there's teens driving cars as primary but yet are listed as secondary if you see what I'm saying

Right....and if the insurance people investigate (and they will) and see that you are in fact the primary rider because demographics might tend to favour younger people as supersport riders rather than say...middle aged dads, then congrats......you have now committed insurance fraud and you'll find trying to get insurance anywhere is like trying to buy bacon in Tehran.

You didn't answer my other question about where the border between your neighbourhood ends and the bit where you're riding without insurance. Not really a fair question though because I already know the answer but I was trying to find out if you did. There's a huge question of judgement here you see.

Edit: Here's a little something else to chew on....you already have your licence but your dad doesn't yet...you have already bought the R6.....how does that look to the insurance people do you think if they investigate?

like others said, you have to pay to play and dont drag your dad into your stupid decision. and telling your dad to get M1 + course and jump into 600 cc that's not smart at all.

Right....and if the insurance people investigate (and they will) and see that you are in fact the primary rider because demographics might tend to favour younger people as supersport riders rather than say...middle aged dads, then congrats......you have now committed insurance fraud and you'll find trying to get insurance anywhere is like trying to buy bacon in Tehran.

You didn't answer my other question about where the border between your neighbourhood ends and the bit where you're riding without insurance. Not really a fair question though because I already know the answer but I was trying to find out if you did. There's a huge question of judgement here you see.

Edit: Here's a little something else to chew on....you already have your licence but your dad doesn't yet...you have already bought the R6.....how does that look to the insurance people do you think if they investigate?

i know they will if anything happens I've had others tell me also that they ride as a secondary and as I've said earlier in one of my posts I've been told by a few insurance companies that it would be fine as a secondary as long as I'm not riding 60% of the time . i live in a small neighbourhood and ride around my house no streets or anything that involves others coming around.

like others said, you have to pay to play and dont drag your dad into your stupid decision. and telling your dad to get M1 + course and jump into 600 cc that's not smart at all.

i mean at the end of the day everyone has they're own opinion my father also rides he has experience just hasn't bothered getting his license here

i mean at the end of the day everyone has they're own opinion my father also rides he has experience just hasn't bothered getting his license here

Lol...we're just reading threads on a forum and hardly anyone here believes you. Guess what an insurance professional is going to think? If you enter into insurance fraud not only are you going to be screwed trying to insure anything ever again...your dad is probably going to be too if he is a party to the fraud. So...does he have a skateboard?

Do what you want...looks like you're going to. But when you and your dad can never get insurance again remember what people told you.

Lol...we're just reading threads on a forum and hardly anyone here believes you. Guess what an insurance professional is going to think? If you enter into insurance fraud not only are you going to be screwed trying to insure anything ever again...your dad is probably going to be too if he is a party to the fraud. So...does he have a skateboard?

Do what you want...looks like you're going to. But when you and your dad can never get insurance again remember what people told you.

people just like you are ignorant in understanding my point. its better to move on loool theres no fraud being involved and i understand the consiquenses so i wouldn't take that route as many people do cause fraud with insurance such as changing addresses and other shiiit

what type experiences does unlicensed rider has if you dont mind me asking, assuming dirt, track, riding w/o insurance or rider around the driveway with your 250's?

people just like you are ignorant in understanding my point. its better to move on loool theres no fraud being involved and i understand the consiquenses so i wouldn't take that route as many people do cause fraud with insurance such as changing addresses and other shiiit

Nope...we actually totally understand your point...and that's the problem. No sense you getting upset about it when people tell you how it is.

what type experiences does unlicensed rider has if you dont mind me asking, assuming dirt, track, riding w/o insurance or rider around the driveway with your 250's?

I've owned a 250 previously for about an entire season and gained experience thru that bike dirt bike is completely different from street bikes

Nope...we actually totally understand your point...and that's the problem. No sense you getting upset about it when people tell you how it is.

no reason to be upset sometimes ppl just want to criticize different opinions i totally understand no hard feelings

OP, you simply don't seem to understand insurance fraud, (hence you mention "changing addresses and shiit"), yes these are forms of insurance fraud, so is what your suggesting you don't actually think ANY insurance investigator is going to simply accept your word that your dad rides 60% of the time do you?

Let me educate you a little, I was a police officer, after I left that, I worked as a Private Investigator doing insurance fraud investigations. If you submit that is thought to be arising from fraudulent claims, The investigator may choose to talk to your co workers, (how often does "joe" ride his bike to work, your dads co workers, how often does "peter" ride his bike to work? Now if your dads co workers say "he has a bike" then your co workers say everyday. Bam they have you. They may also talk to your neighbors, same type of questions who rides the bike more often

Now let me explain what happens next, the insurer "may" elect to lay fraud charges. But they WILL, deny any claims made, Injuries don't get treatment, bike doesn't get fixed etc etc. If another party was hit their insurer will pay for their damages and treatments then they WILL come after you, and your dad, for the costs. this means they will put liens on vehicles houses properties owned etc. Lastly, they WILL drop you, and your dad, and if your dad has his car, house etc, insured with another company they WILL also advise that insurer of the fraud, meaning that company will also drop your dads coverage. You and your dad will have NO option but to get facility insurance normally at about 2 - 5 TIMES what your currently paying.

So if you decide to go the fraud route that is your choice just be aware of the implications down the road. (no one thinks they will get caught or in an accident and be denied).

As for the only riding in your nieghborhood. Doesn't matter if there is no one ever on that road, (I am guessing all your neighbors walk to and from their houses and no one owns a vehicle)? lol But that part is moot if it is a public road, Even a road in a gated community is a public road. Doesn't matter if your 5 km from your house or 25' if your on the road you ARE riding without insurance.

Not criticizing your opinions just point out factually they are incorrect.

I've owned a 250 previously for about an entire season and gained experience thru that bike dirt bike is completely different from street bikes
basicly he's doing it for you.
i think you need to ask yourself. Do you WANT 600cc or NEED 600cc? and decide based on that. 6000 for a "WANT" is a lot imo

i've been riding for almost 3 years and never need 600cc. even if i want 600c i would be paying 1400, still expensive for something that i want, instead i spend some money upgrading
the 250 suspensions and tires and it's not 6000.

Back
Top Bottom