Paying 6000$ for insurance !!! | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Paying 6000$ for insurance !!!

He can get his m1 and take the corse so that he won't have to renew it like I had to at first 2 years ago finally I was smart enough about getting the course over with last week for my m2 what I'm trynna get to is why would it be considered fraud if I'm secondary ? I mean I know I won't be stupid it's just to have the bike on the road which saves me just over hundreds being blown out of my pocket. I understand it could be fraud but really is it fraud wen I'm just trynna get my bike on the road and pay a different premium? If I'm placed as a secondary rider they would base the premium on me because I'm a young rider ?

Yes, it would be considered fraud if you are the principal/ only rider. Also, you have laid out your plan in a public forum.

Yes, it would be considered fraud if you are the principal/ only rider. Also, you have laid out your plan in a public forum.
well yea I understand that I'm not the only one having to say it and I've been told buy a few other companies also that it would be a better idea being secondary I won't always be riding my father would also ride just as much as I do I wouldn't take advantage knowing I'm not primary I have my car for when he rides the bike

well yea I understand that I'm not the only one having to say it and I've been told buy a few other companies also that it would be a better idea being secondary I won't always be riding my father would also ride just as much as I do I wouldn't take advantage knowing I'm not primary I have my car for when he rides the bike

You do what you gotta do, bro. Not giving advice, but Id rather you do that, then try and go without insurance, like some do.
Question: Why the R6? Why not stay with the 250 a little longer until insurance drops?

You do what you gotta do, bro. Not giving advice, but Id rather you do that, then try and go without insurance, like some do.
Question: Why the R6? Why not stay with the 250 a little longer until insurance drops?

I had a 250 about 2 years ago when I needed a vehicle I had it for a month before I bought my first car and now I decided to get a 600 because it suits me better then the scooter not claiming that I'll be riding any faster lol it's just my preference of having a 600 250 was too small for me and as I said a scooter

I had a 250 about 2 years ago when I needed a vehicle I had it for a month before I bought my first car and now I decided to get a 600 because it suits me better then the scooter not claiming that I'll be riding any faster lol it's just my preference of having a 600 250 was too small for me and as I said a scooter

So....you mastered the 250 then? The 600 will be too boring for you in that case. Get something really worth riding other than a girlie 600.

So....you mastered the 250 then? The 600 will be too boring for you in that case. Get something really worth riding other than a girlie 600.

i I agree one day I'll lose interest but as of now I feel like it's the appropriate machine to ride I don't wanna go any higher then what I have right now it satisfies me enough and definitely a lot more fun then the scooter 250r lol

i I agree one day I'll lose interest but as of now I feel like it's the appropriate machine to ride I don't wanna go any higher then what I have right now it satisfies me enough and definitely a lot more fun then the scooter 250r lol

Youll master the girlie 600 in no time then. Better do it quick before your friends mock you for less than litre bike goodness and laugh at the wimpy 600.

also....if you're enjoying the R6....does that mean you now have insurance?

Youll master the girlie 600 in no time then. Better do it quick before your friends mock you for less than litre bike goodness and laugh at the wimpy 600.

also....if you're enjoying the R6....does that mean you now have insurance?

im pretty quick at mastering it I mean it took me less then a month to get bored of the 250 passed my m2 with flying colours while everyone else was getting rated they said I was perfect . Nope I don't have insurance on it yet but I do ride it around my neighbourhood since I live on a long stretch street there's no problem with police coming around otherwise I don't take it out to public roads that's way to much of a risk I wouldn't take hopefully this week sometime I'll have her insured

Less than a month eh? Mastered the 250 already. Riding around uninsured on a 600.

Thread full of total win.

edit: you weren't raised by wolves by any chance were you?

Less than a month eh? Mastered the 250 already. Riding around uninsured on a 600.

im not riding anywhere other then being here in my neighbourhood I wouldn't go out there an ride without insurance because that's just plain stupid only ppl without a mind pull those stupid stunts

I was 17-working full time making $14\hr
I had a Dodge Daytona Shelby Turbo with t-tops - I paid $650/yr full coverage
I also had an 89 CBR 600- I paid $430/ yr full coverage.
Income has generally doubled since '91....insurance has gone up 10x

Last edited:
This gon be good...

https://youtu.be/Kz03sQeX02c

That my young friend is mastering a 250. I severely doubt you mastered it. No offense. Confidence is good but cocky will get you hurt or worse on a ss. Insurance is going to suck no matter what you do more like until you're 30. Being a secondary rider is playing with fire since likely you'll ride it much more than the primary. If anything were to happen and it's investigated you could land you and your dad in deep ****. Not bagging on you, just trying to point out some facts.

1996 had a zx7 r I paid just under 700 a year and was 18. I also live outside the gta. Things have changed dramatically since then. Wages and living costs have gone up for sure. Insurance has gone up exponentially. If you're going to do it then you have to pay to play. Part of living in glorious onterrible.

I was 17-working full time making $14\hr
I had a Dodge Daytona Shelby Turbo with t-tops - I paid $650/yr full coverage
I also had an 89 CBR 600- I paid $430/ yr full coverage.
Income has generally doubled since '91....insurance has gone up 10x

My condolences on at one time being a Daytona Shelby owner.
And $14 in '91? I know people that don't make that now.

I understand it could be fraud but really is it fraud wen I'm just trynna get my bike on the road and pay a different premium?

Defintion of insurance fraud right there...lol Yes the premium is based upon the highest risk rider, (that would be you). I agree with JC100 with your obviously mad skillz that allowed you to completely master a 250 in one month will make the R6 obsolete within anothe month or two. Grow a pair get a "real" bike, sell the R6 and get a litre bike. That way at east your mad skillz should last you at least the entire season.

lol....

OP, I'm gonna be blunt and you're gonna hate what I'm about to say:

The 250 isn't a scooter. If you want to pony up the insurance money, go ahead but its more wise to throw that money at courses like Total Control, Racer5, FAST or even schools in the state.

If you ever go to a track day, you'll sometimes see a 600s holding up 125s and 250s in the green group. Don't be one of those 600s.

Back
Top Bottom