Ontario should make winter tires mandatory. | Page 60 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ontario should make winter tires mandatory.

4WD, limited-slip diff, winter tires, and decent ground clearance = you get the first spot at the subway station, the one they didn't plow properly.
flex_zpsem6svsvt.jpg

2011 same as above 4x2 just over 65000kms 5 speed snow tires and weighed in back no problems

Just picked up 4 new Hankook I-Pike snow/ice tires. Hopefully the little mazda 3 does well on these, as I start my 100km commute at 3:45 or so in the winter. Not too happy about the car in the snow, been driving 1500/2500 series trucks for the last 20 years.

Winter driving Mazda pickup keeps my reflexes razor sharp. On bald all seasons more so.

Got my snows on now, so Gunz is going to be out of work for quite a while.

I do think front wheel drive cars handle much better in the snow then the RWD cars of yesder-year. 100km round or one way?

Pretty close to 100km one way, then I drive/operate a mobile crane all day, then another 100km home. I have however made the trip home into nearly 300km on the bike. :)

You feel some Murphy's Law coming on? I had to drive to 407 &27 around noon. Ran into a squall. Way to early for that.
There's a yard there? I was wondering what that was.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

You IUOE?

IUOE, is that a union? My current employer would likely have a heart attack if the union were sniffing around. They do treat us well and the pay is on the high end for the industry. The commute sucks though.:(

Now I'm just being nosey 'cause that's just down from where I live.

6 points? I know 6 points plaza--Kipling station area?

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

Thats funny. I've worked a few places thats would stroke out too if card signing was going on. Yes, it's the International Union of Operating Engineers. A lot of crane operators belong to that one. They have a training centre in Oakville and Morrisberg.

Thanks for the info, I'm only running a flat deck with an 8 ton crane, I can hit the ninth floor though.
The IUOE may be a good next step, definitely worth looking into a least.
I plowed two winters with TWD on the 400, three more with KJ Beamish for the City of Barrie. Loved the job, hated being seasonal. Paving 85 hours a week May - December, then half working all winter sucks.

Winter tires or no forum for you!

Back
Top Bottom