Ontario should make winter tires mandatory. | Page 59 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ontario should make winter tires mandatory.

AWD does exactly ****** when it comes to braking...I will never understand the craziness with AWD these days...except that marketing works...
What craziness are you referring to? All it does is help you not get stuck and helps launches in wet and snow if you have a higher powered vehicle. Otherwise it doesn't do much else.

I love it on my winter vehicles.

Well ok, you know how you're waiting to use the gas pumps and the lady comes out after buying coffee and lottery tickets and then sits in the car and does some personal accounting and lipstick application while you're waiting to get to the gas pumps and then continues to sit there for no obvious reason and you fully recognize she doesn't even know you but you're sure she's doing this to YOU specifically? That's how it feels stuck behind a snow plow from Caledonia to Cayuga at 5:45am ish @ 30k/hr. Just sayin'
If they didn't want people buying coffee and lottery tickets they wouldn't sell them there. And if you try moving the car into a parking spot before paying, you'll have 6 attendants chase you down. Trust me on this one.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

If they didn't want people buying coffee and lottery tickets they wouldn't sell them there. And if you try moving the car into a parking spot before paying, you'll have 6 attendants chase you down. Trust me on this one.

And all of those 6 attendants could be little pudgeballs and still be met with success I suspect. But back to your point, what is it?

Well, if you live in the country side where roads are not plowed as often, ok, I get it, but in the GTA, I would spend my money on a set of winter tires, not on AWD. The average Joe Commuter does not need AWD, needs winter tires. Many people rely on the fact that they have AWD when winter comes, when that does next to nothing except higher initial cost and ongoing extra fuel consumption. How many times do you get stuck in the GTA or need the extra traction, on a regular commute on city streets? Now, you do need to brake, pretty often. Car manufacturers push AWD to regular people saying that they NEED it. They should push winter tires more...

What craziness are you referring to? All it does is help you not get stuck and helps launches in wet and snow if you have a higher powered vehicle. Otherwise it doesn't do much else.

I love it on my winter vehicles.

Well, if you live in the country side where roads are not plowed as often, ok, I get it, but in the GTA, I would spend my money on a set of winter tires, not on AWD. The average Joe Commuter does not need AWD, needs winter tires. Many people rely on the fact that they have AWD when winter comes, when that does next to nothing except higher initial cost and ongoing extra fuel consumption. How many times do you get stuck in the GTA or need the extra traction, on a regular commute on city streets? Now, you do need to brake, pretty often. Car manufacturers push AWD to regular people saying that they NEED it. They should push winter tires more...
Roads are worse in the GTA than in the country. Much harder to park a car in 2 ft of snow on the side of the road than in the city. My street in the city isn't plowed all winter. When I lived in the country outside of Guelph I could ride into town often in the winter because the roads were always clear except right after a snow fall.

AWD isn't an excuse to not have snow tires. I've had them for every vehicle I've ever owned including two AWD vehicles. Even my summer vehicle had snow tires until I sold them with another car.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

And all of those 6 attendants could be little pudgeballs and still be met with success I suspect. But back to your point, what is it?
Since when does one need a point to post on GTAM?

Since when does one need a point to post on GTAM?

Since never, point taken.

Pursuant to the discussion at hand, I think more traction is better than less traction. This fact seems to be universally accepted in the motor sports world and I think we all know, or should know, how those discoveries trickle down to the general motoring public. Should more traction be mandatory? In the interest of public safety, a resounding YES should be the obvious answer. But it snot.

Since never, point taken.

Pursuant to the discussion at hand, I think more traction is better than less traction. This fact seems to be universally accepted in the motor sports world and I think we all know, or should know, how those discoveries trickle down to the general motoring public. Should more traction be mandatory? In the interest of public safety, a resounding YES should be the obvious answer. But it snot.
Then all those people with snow tires through the summer should be fined in this optimum traction world of yours? In fact, anyone without high performance tires in the summer should be dragged out of their cars and publicly shamed before having their license suspended for a week. Gotta think about the children!

Then all those people with snow tires through the summer should be fined in this optimum traction world of yours? In fact, anyone without high performance tires in the summer should be dragged out of their cars and publicly shamed before having their license suspended for a week. Gotta think about the children!

No, their insurance premiums should go way up Mr. Bond.

Love my AWD car.

Love my winter tires.

I've done stuff with that combo that i would have never done in FWD or RWD.

You don't need gear, but you decide whether you wear it or not. Only the helmet is mandatory. Same goes for this.

If you don't see the advantage in that ...well... too bad for you and don't hit my car.

Love my AWD car.

Love my winter tires.

You don't need gear, but you decide whether you wear it or not. Only the helmet is mandatory. Same goes for this.

If you don't see the advantage in that ...well... too bad for you and don't hit my car.
I'm gonna get winter tires.

Just so it's OK to crash into you.

Love my AWD car.

Love my winter tires.

I prefer 4wd vs awd. Awd is ok for changing conditions but 4wd works better where awd would have you stuck.

I prefer 4wd vs awd. Awd is ok for changing conditions but 4wd works better where awd would have you stuck.
Alot of Awd vehicles have a 4 lock or 4 low button tho.

4wd tend to have more clearance.

I'm gonna get winter tires.

Just so it's OK to crash into you.

They give you a little better traction on the snow, so that you can crash faster.

And get out of my way if you need to drive like a grandma to stay safe on the road because you're running bald all seasons.

Back
Top Bottom