Ninja 300 to CBR 600 - New found love! | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ninja 300 to CBR 600 - New found love!

This is GTAM, and as such, the general population will tell you that anything over 250cc is "unnecessary on the street" and "a death sentence for a novice".

You'll be fine. I started on a gsxr 600 and rode the snot out of it...

Old pilot adage - There are old pilots and there are bold pilots, but there are no old, bold, pilots.

Take your time and learn the bike. It's seriously fun on the straights and coming out of the turns.

Yeah the reaction caught me off guard a bit. I bought one of the most " sensible" sport bikes out there I thought. Oh well I guess I'll just sell my 600 to make GTAM happy :p ..... Or maybe I'll ride it and enjoy my life :)

Yeah the reaction caught me off guard a bit. I bought one of the most " sensible" sport bikes out there I thought. Oh well I guess I'll just sell my 600 to make GTAM happy ..... Or maybe I'll ride it and enjoy my life :)
You got it easy lol. You should see some of the other newbie threads

Because of my size I'm thinking of starting on a 500cc standard (cb500f or equivalent). Should be fun when I post that up. Still a year or so out though, plenty of time to change my mind. Have fun, stay as safe as you can. Post lots of pics!
No one will criticize you for starting on a 500, it is the perfect beginner's bike.

Bad move, only one season you have not learned that much.

600 will just make you want to go straight.

Btw, you should get M license b4 jumping on SS. So you dont have to rely on Statefarm.

Who else insures them for decent rates? I've had my full M for years and any time I've asked any company (other than SF) they either say they simply don't insure them or there's a 400% markup.

I'm paying $500 a year for a 125 and even that is too high for my liking.

I'm getting a quote from statefarm today. Gonna put it on fire and theft for the winter and then start it in the spring.

I'm getting a quote from statefarm today. Gonna put it on fire and theft for the winter and then start it in the spring.

"this wont hurt a bit..."
images

"this wont hurt a bit..."
images
Should be affordable on SF unless they've changed how they charge (basically only engine size). I started on a 650R and a ZX6R would've been cheaper on insurance through SF. Of course any other company is way cheaper than the 600 on SF but as far as I'm aware almost no one else will insure them.

I don't understand the order of events here. You bought the bike and have written glowingly about it and its power but you haven't had insurance on it since you're just looking into getting a quote now?

What am I missing?

I don't understand the order of events here. You bought the bike and have written glowingly about it and its power but you haven't had insurance on it since you're just looking into getting a quote now?

What am I missing?

Not missing anything, that is the story as told over multiple threads so far. Who needs insurance when you have a 600, now you can finally pass people...lol

So OP you posted yesterday morning you were gettign a quote yesterday... wish to enlighten us as to how you made out?

Not missing anything, that is the story as told over multiple threads so far. Who needs insurance when you have a 600, now you can finally pass people...lol

So OP you posted yesterday morning you were gettign a quote yesterday... wish to enlighten us as to how you made out?

apparently not too good, if you read his other thread.

I didn't hear back yet actually. I called 2 local statefarm agents today and waiting for a cal back again. Will update when I receive the call.

In B4 F4i for sale. :D

No if anything I just sit on it for awhile. I have other bikes to ride so its not the end of the world. It's the perfect bike for me so no point in selling and having to buy another one down the road.

I did the same jump this year. I bought a 2014 Ninja 300 in March. Put 3100 kms on it, great little bike. This was my first year on the highway, only due to insurance (I'm 22). I was paying $1650 with a clean driving record through stare farm.

I bought a 2015 CBR600RR in August because I got a great deal and was looking for something a bit bigger. Put 2700 kms on it since then.

Insurance with my truck also insured at state Farm (it was not insured there when I had the Ninja insured.) was going to be $1900 per year with no collision.

The truck insurance would have gone up compared to what I was paying elsewhere too.

Luckily my father offered to put my bike in his name to save me some insurance $$. I'm paying $830 /year full coverage with State Farm.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Luckily my father offered to put my bike in his name to save me some insurance $$. I'm paying $830 /year full coverage with State Farm.
How nice of your father to help you commit fraud.

It's not Fraud. Legally speaking he owns the bike. There is no law against me riding my father's bike.

The cheque that the dealership was given was in HIS name. No fraud committed here.

Are you the forum *******? Nice to meet you.

Unless his father actually bought the bike in the first place lol.

I know I would never put something I bought in someone else's name, especially a brand new motorcycle. Maybe I'm old school but I like my name on the ownership.

It's not Fraud. Legally speaking he owns the bike. There is no law against me riding my father's bike.

The cheque that the dealership was given was in HIS name. No fraud committed here.

Are you the forum *******? Nice to meet you.

Depends how it's insured I guess. If pointing out that something may be illegal makes me an ******* then sure, I'm the forum *******.

Back
Top Bottom