New ride for MacDoc sorted ( was Rider Share thread ) | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

New ride for MacDoc sorted ( was Rider Share thread )

FINALLY!!!! getting the bike tomorrow providing no tornado. 🙄
Likely see some of you at the Forks on Friday.
As it turned out my 200 cc limit is moot but I'm still okay with scoot as I can't get anything that new anywhere near the price and don't want older bike which I'd have trouble fitting into the space.
Screen Shot 2023-06-28 at Jun, 28    2023    3.54.47 PM.jpg

FINALLY!!!! getting the bike tomorrow providing no tornado. 🙄
Likely see some of you at the Forks on Friday.
As it turned out my 200 cc limit is moot but I'm still okay with scoot as I can't get anything that new anywhere near the price and don't want older bike which I'd have trouble fitting into the space.
View attachment 61883
You look good. You working out?

Question ...I want to keep the bike on the patio...it's literally just next to our living area but outside the sliding doors with an alarm on for most of the time. Easier than wrestling in and out each time.
Thinking of a camoflage cover that can make it look like a barbecue rather than a traditional mcycle cover where the shape is obvious.
This light netting seems fine - I don't care about it getting wet - figure air flow is better.

Something like this - the yard is greenery too. The net only weighs 500gm and the area is not subject to wind.
02b7bc64-b777-4429-adaf-a2bdaee49db3_1.c2f6f21b9b80a4ab611ccf6ebff9c5e1.jpeg

I'll figure out a winter solution before I leave. Anyone got a corner of a garage in the Southdown and QEW area?? Further out okay too.
TIA

Too nice a day to drive the scoot back home - headed up the Forks without trauma.
1688066776906.png
Forgot not to push to open the seat but aside from the seat needing some work it's fine...Would be tight fit for anyone under 5 9".
This is what it needs but too much $$
Needs an upholstery guy to cut back that hump 6" - seat is comfy enough otherwise . Common fix. Bike keeps up with traffic up to 110 - did not take it higher but there was a bit more. Climbed the escarpment without issue. Just need a bit more seat room. Very quiet and easy to ride. Good road presence...even the motorcycles were waving ;)
images

hehe ....get lots of waves from other riders - guess front on does not appear scooterish.
2015 Yamaha Smax: MD First Ride | MotorcycleDaily.com - Motorcycle News,  Editorials, Product Reviews and Bike Reviews

dismal weekend weather wise ...have some farkles coming and need to rig alarm and cover.
Having both side and center stand is a treat. Put it under messy tarp with handlebar lock and hefty bicycle lock on the rear. Try and rig something better today.

Any insight on bike alarms??
I think that's all I need since the proximity so so close but geez what a choice. Having an alarm to use even when out is okay. I have one on the eBicycle at home.
The camoflage cover is arriving today ...last night was my worry not to attract attention.
Actually looking okay for a Forks run - moving east slowly.
Screen Shot 2023-06-30 at Jun, 30    2023    7.32.38 AM.jpg
Hah....kid had alarm for his eScoot he never used ...it has been expropriated. :D

Last edited:
Let me know for parking, i'm not far away (just under 5km away)
And i might know someone right next door but i'd have to talk to them first if you still need it, unless you wanna keep the patio option going.

As for bike alarms a disc lock with motion sensor should be enough and a scoot has space to actually carry it comfortably, xena is a bit expensive but it works and serves dual purpose (and you won't try to roll away with it on) but i'm guessing those on amazon with sound should work no problem.

Thanks greatly appreciated- patio will work for now but need a long term spot later in October to leave for a few months while I return to Australia. Then plan is come back in April/May June .....see how kid progresses tho. 🍿

Don't think i need a disc lock ...bike could be lifted by two guys and fork lock likely enough plus I have the bicycle chain through the rear wheel.
I'm simply not away from the place enough to be worried and if it's targetted ( unlikely ) plus have theft insurance. I'll likely use the handlebar lock when out more than I ever have in the past as easy to roll the machine.

Back
Top Bottom