New ride for MacDoc sorted ( was Rider Share thread ) | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

New ride for MacDoc sorted ( was Rider Share thread )

Have you considered a rental?

Not sure about legality and insurance but seems like a potential option.

I’ve rented before and it was ‘if anything happens we’re friends and you’re on a test ride’ type of discussion.

Mac - Opposite boat here. Lost my dad to brain cancer. It's very ugly. Sorry you guys are going through that battle.

Re: Your first post, I have nothing against scooters, had a very nice scooter ride yesterday, but the Scarabeo is known in the scooter community for not having the best reputation. Probably the only Italian model scooter I would recommend avoiding.

Also, if you find Piaggio Fly 150s for cheap, they're fun, they'll do about 110 km/hr, can usually be had around $1500, and those made - I thiiiiink - 2008 or earlier will still be made in Italian.

Obviously any of the Japanese scooters are a safe bet any year.

Hope this helps.

When are you in town??

Not sure of your question.:unsure: I'll be there Monday until Sept. Still chatting with the kid about fitting a second small scoot inside. Leaning to a 150 something.
1687033153999.jpeg Pasted Graphic.tiff
Think the Honda might nest with his current EMMO electric.

Attachments

• 1687033203818.jpeg
    1687033203818.jpeg
    18.7 KB · Views: 6
Not sure of your question.:unsure: I'll be there Monday until Sept. Still chatting with the kid about fitting a second small scoot inside. Leaning to a 150 something.
View attachment 61614 View attachment 61616
Think the Honda might nest with his current EMMO electric.

You said you were looking for a parking spot near that street. Just wondering how near? I'm 9 km away but not sure if I can work out the logistics to not only store you bike in my garage, but also give you access. Maybe others are closer.

Ah - pretty close but maybe too far but can keep in mind - appreciated. If Kenz ( definite possibility in the very near term ) stops riding the eBike then maybe that is a solution as I'd store what ever I get at home. We have room for one ...the question is the second one if that happens .....not certain at all....I'm all over the place on a decision. 🙄
Appreciate the offer tho.

I’m further away but can probably make some space for your bike. Right now my entire property is a construction site…but there’s a vacant spot in the garage…for now.

Hehe - still as undecided as you are tho leaning toward this, big wheels SH150.
One I'm looking at comes with factory top case. Damn thing weighs 300 lb - only 30lb less than my CB300F ..must be built like a tank.
10_SH150i_LS4-56a651473df78cf7728c609e.jpg

Just waiting on insurance.

Hehe - still as undecided as you are tho leaning toward this, big wheels SH150.
One I'm looking at comes with factory top case. Damn thing weighs 300 lb - only 30lb less than my CB300F ..must be built like a tank.
10_SH150i_LS4-56a651473df78cf7728c609e.jpg

Just waiting on insurance.
Insurance is the pain in your situation. IIRC you need a specific letter stating your Oz license is equivalent to the Ontario one.

Without that…no fun.

I'm good on insurance through my son and don't want a fixer up machine.
Leaning on the SH150i but want seller to certffy and there is room to park it at kids.
Jacket I bought fit tho with not a lot to spare ...too much good food in New Zealand
I'm on Ozempic script now and hope to lose some.
Screen Shot 2023-06-20 at Jun, 20    2023    9.03.47 AM.jpg
Lovely weather here - now to find a ride - the SH150 or similar with be all I have room for and under 199cc.

I'm good on insurance through my son and don't want a fixer up machine.
Leaning on the SH150i but want seller to certffy and there is room to park it at kids.
Jacket I bought fit tho with not a lot to spare ...too much good food in New Zealand
I'm on Ozempic script now and hope to lose some.
View attachment 61673
Lovely weather here - now to find a ride - the SH150 or similar with be all I have room for and under 199cc.
Be careful with the ozempic, weight will disappear alarmingly fast. Glad to hear you have arrived safely.

Last edited:
Going for that machine ...900 km - 2019 just in budget, dealer I bought my CB500x from
I likely will not take it on the 400 series but it is capable with a 70 mph top end and weighs as much as my CB300F.
It's bit more geared for power than the Hondas and it's a intermediate between the maxi-scoots and the SH150i
I really like the 900 km, newer model over a 2015. Kid in candy shop but not entirely complete yet - some potential for pick up today. 🍿

Last edited:
Have you tried asking at that Presbyterian church for parking except for Sundays, or do you need indoors?

due in Wednesday - Yamaha dealer it had to go to for some recall check before it could safety finally got moving. Today would have been perfect forks ride.

Reading a few more reviews and top end real world ( tho indicated ) seems surprising.
Like the bigger brakes too....only 900 original KM on on it - sat at the Honda dealer for two years so effectively new bike with new battery. Should get 10-15k riding here without touching a thing.

Lots of owner reviews here

Likely buying the next ticket over for Apr/MayJune while they are still cheap.

Was good to see Kenz riding the eScoot today chasing a new marijuana outlet - he is feeling better with some changed meds and does not have to trek all the way to Sunnybrook as no MRI scheduled. The tumour is stable and he can get the infusion he needs at Trillium where I got my cancer treatment - lovely facility and 10 min drive straight up Erin Mills Parkway - park at the clock mall and walk to the cancer clinic.
He has officially gone on temporary work leave and getting help from the cancer team to replace the income he is missing. Lots easier to

I'm convinced we can fit both bikes inside just at the patio entrance tho Kenz has an alarm I can use and leave it right at the patio door...the area is screened from view - maybe get a cover.
Something like this to even less catch the eye as it is behind a hedge - could even look like a barbecue? :rolleyes:
617yjiCvgKL._AC_SL1080_.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom