need help changing a swingarm bracket! | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

need help changing a swingarm bracket!

Ok then Johnny , why do gixxers have a castle nut with a safety clip on there rear axle ? It's because sometimes nuts can loosen over time if there not torqued properly.
**** happens spmetimes and the least everyone can do when working on there bikes is get into good habits and tq there bolts properly. I've seen too many oil pans with broken bolts, fork legs broken right off from people tightening bolts by "feel"

Once again here we go. A million years ago when I was actually in a trade, torque specs were given because they are a good idea not because engineers are bored at work. Yes you can put anything together without a torque wrench, and I am guilty on occasion where one is not available. Better when they are. Needle bearings are affected by side load, its a cage with needles, it flexes. Maybe JoeX couldn't deflect it with a 24" bar and JoeY can crank it till they move, but barely.

And for the size of nut and bolt the OP is working with, the Power Fist torque wrench will be better, than him pushing on it and thinking it's good enough.......

I use mine on the bigger nuts/bolts, I am sure the tolerance it keeps is good enough, if you want precision and accuracy, well get a better tool, SnapOn and so forth......even the MasterCraft Maximum.....is better

And for the size of nut and bolt the OP is working with, the Power Fist torque wrench will be better, than him pushing on it and thinking it's good enough.......

I use mine on the bigger nuts/bolts, I am sure the tolerance it keeps is good enough, if you want precision and accuracy, well get a better tool, SnapOn and so forth......even the MasterCraft Maximum.....is better

Amazingly the PA torque wrenches aren't that bad.
Just treat them right, do not use them to break fasteners loose or leave the click type cranked up (always return them to 0 for storage) and never lend them out to bonehead acquaintances and you should be fine using them for regular bike maintenance

FWIW I don't think that the crappy tire line of torque wrenches are of any higher quality then PA at all

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom