need a new cell phone - have no idea... | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

need a new cell phone - have no idea...

But isn't just like $20 to unlock?
Or do you mean lock to a contract?
I've been with Rogers ~20 years. Honestly, as much as they piss me off, I'm not going anywhere. I am at home a lot with the kids (youngest is only 5), so I can put the phone on speaker when at home and waste a few hours negotiating for a deal while I make dinner/ lunches etc.
Again, my biggest thing is keeping my monthly budget in check. So knowing what I will be paying for 2 years is somewhat comforting to me. And as long as I don't get fired from work, I have access to WiFi, so the limited data doesn't affect me too much.

The whole thing about asking about the phones was that I didn't want to get stuck with another phone that had issues, like I personally found the S4 to have.

But don't think that you are off the hook, my coffee loving fellow gtamer -- you seem to be knowledgeable in these matters, so there will be more questions!

Sent from the Purple Zone

per the Wireless Consumer Bill of Rights (ha, CRTC threw us a few bones while protecting the semi-monopolies)
the carriers have to provide an unlocking service on contract phones and can charge $50 to do it

I was referring to a phone that you buy outright, that has never been locked to a carrier
you can get iphones in this state, but they're around $900, totally insane
you can get an unlocked android that will blow it away for 1/3 of that

Ok, just wanted to be clear, @javafan .
I think at the end I am happy/comfortable for what I am paying to what I am getting. I'm only a heavy user in terms of this forum and the Twitter.
I will also fight the $50 charge, thanks. ☺

Ok, just wanted to be clear, @javafan .
I think at the end I am happy/comfortable for what I am paying to what I am getting. I'm only a heavy user in terms of this forum and the Twitter.
I will also fight the $50 charge, thanks. ☺

You can unlock those phones for $10 at cellunlocker.net. Yes I know the principle is they should unlock for you but it's no big deal these days to get it unlocked.

Also that zoomed deal is pretty decent.Fido had a 5GB Unlimited everything deal for $50/month back in December. You could always try and score that.

#NFQ thanks. I asked Rogers about the $50 4gb plan and they said it was no longer available.
If I can't get them to lower the price, then I am going to ask for more gb. Again, I am happy with 2gb shared, but if I can get 3 or 4 shared, for the same price, then why not?
I will not pay more, however, as in 2 years I only went over my 500mb limit twice. Which cost me a total of $30 over the 2 years, so paying the extra $ now is -ev for me imo.
Fwiw, my plan now is a Fido one that they matched for me.

You can unlock those phones for $10 at cellunlocker.net. Yes I know the principle is they should unlock for you but it's no big deal these days to get it unlocked.

Also that zoomed deal is pretty decent.Fido had a 5GB Unlimited everything deal for $50/month back in December. You could always try and score that.

I think they charge more than $10 for that phone, could be wrong.

I think they charge more than $10 for that phone, could be wrong.
I did it 3 months ago with an LG G4 and two G5's. Email came in 10 minutes of payment.

I did it 3 months ago with an LG G4 and two G5's. Email came in 10 minutes of payment.

AWESOME!

too bad boot loader is locked for CDN G4's (812 models) if using M.
I wonder if they will update phone to N?

Spigen case is awesome for the lg

There is one with a kickstand - slim armor i believe

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

The LG G6 comes out April 6th. Should I wait for that to come out and see if I can get the G5? Or not worth it vs the G4?
Yeah, I know. I'm indecisive.

Sorta related to this thread, can anyone suggest a good BYOD plan? I'd like 2-3 gigs of data and hopefully less than $50/mo.

The LG G6 comes out April 6th. Should I wait for that to come out and see if I can get the G5? Or not worth it vs the G4?
Yeah, I know. I'm indecisive.

If you're not in a hurry, see if you can get the G5.

What's a decent price to have a Iphone 5c battery replaced. I know they're only $10 on ebay but I'd rather not wait for it to ship as it went bad fast.

Sorta related to this thread, can anyone suggest a good BYOD plan? I'd like 2-3 gigs of data and hopefully less than $50/mo.
Fido has a decent promo on now.
4GB for $60, 1000 min, eve and weekend etc.
Or unlimited talk and text with Spotify a day roam, also 4GB for $65

Both are BYOD.

If you want any cheaper, zoomer wireless usually has a $36 2GB plan, otherwise there's some loophole you can exploit through Koodo to get you unlimited everything with 6GB for $48. YMMV.

Fido has a decent promo on now.
4GB for $60, 1000 min, eve and weekend etc.
Or unlimited talk and text with Spotify a day roam, also 4GB for $65

Both are BYOD.

If you want any cheaper, zoomer wireless usually has a $36 2GB plan, otherwise there's some loophole you can exploit through Koodo to get you unlimited everything with 6GB for $48. YMMV.

Plus tax and fees and BS??

also check Cityphone or Citymobile
It's Rogers no frills carrier, runs on Rogers network.
Pretty good support too.
Check their onsite plans and you can haggle with them if you call also.
let us know what you end up with and price

also check Cityphone or Citymobile
It's Rogers no frills carrier, runs on Rogers network.
Pretty good support too.
Check their onsite plans and you can haggle with them if you call also.
let us know what you end up with and price

Thanks I will check them out.

Here's the Zoomer wireless plan.

Unadvertised $36 Promo:
400 Canada-Wide Minutes
2GB of LTE Data
UNLIMITED Text, Picture and Video Messages (Canada & International)
Unlimited Evenings and Weekends
Voicemail, Call Display, Name Display, Call Waiting & Conference Calling
Free LG F4NR, LG K4 or Huawei GR5 with 2 year term

Call them to get it. Pretty good customer service.

Back
Top Bottom