need a new cell phone - have no idea... | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

need a new cell phone - have no idea...

@JoeBass
Look into the LG G4
it's a great phone 5.5 inch screen and AWESOME camera along with the camera features software is one of the best.
check youtube for the reviews as there are some good ones

what is nice is the back cover comes off and you can add memory or change the battery out

There is a cool feature where you can say cheese or LG or whatever you want and it will take pics (sure others do this also).
battery life is good too
the power and volume buttons are on the back (actually makes sense once you get uses to it)
The LG G3 is similar phone also.

if you like style, you can get leather back covers for it (LG covers)

also, you can double tap the screen to wake up the phone (check time or msgs) and dbl tap to turn it off (screen off).

my priority was the best camera and this was it...not comparing new phones with better cameras that will cost you and arm and leg...you should be able to get this for free or cheap from your provider.

@JoeBass
Look into the LG G4
it's a great phone 5.5 inch screen and AWESOME camera along with the camera features software is one of the best.
check youtube for the reviews as there are some good ones

what is nice is the back cover comes off and you can add memory or change the battery out

There is a cool feature where you can say cheese or LG or whatever you want and it will take pics (sure others do this also).
battery life is good too
the power and volume buttons are on the back (actually makes sense once you get uses to it)
The LG G3 is similar phone also.

if you like style, you can get leather back covers for it (LG covers)

also, you can double tap the screen to wake up the phone (check time or msgs) and dbl tap to turn it off (screen off).

my priority was the best camera and this was it...not comparing new phones with better cameras that will cost you and arm and leg...you should be able to get this for free or cheap from your provider.

I agree with D.
2 buddies are using the LG G4. Excellent bang for the buck. The photos it takes are incredible. Solid phone. Replaceable battery.
I recently recommended it to another buddy for these reasons.

LGG4 looks like a definite contender.
Had the double tap wake up feature on my winphone. It was great.
Great input so far guys.
Rogers doesn't seem to have the OnePlus3T on their site ?
I am with Rogers and most likely will stay.

Sent from the Purple Zone

LGG4 looks like a definite contender.
Had the double tap wake up feature on my winphone. It was great.
Great input so far guys.
Rogers doesn't seem to have the OnePlus3T on their site
I am with Rogers and most likely will stay.

no, it's not a provider phone, it's not locked to carrier, no contract needed to get it
is bought directly from OnePlus.....I have their first model, a One, fantastic phone,
will be updating shortly to a 3T

https://oneplus.net/ca_en/3t

getting a phone from the phone company isn't free either, you pay a premium on the contract which is why many companies are offering discounts if you BYOP.

Buying an unlocked phone outright will be cheaper in the long run.
I negotiated a $45/ month plan
I asked for a byod discount. They said that the couldn't give one, so I will take my "free" phone.
If they would discount even $5 I would be looking at different buying options

Thanks @JavaFan then at this time OnePlus3T will not be an option.

I was thinking this, bc I was told that tjey are basically similar. But, screen size seems smallish (unless it is near the 5.5 and I didn't notice)( my eyes are getting old)
And what about the limitations on expandable memory/storage / changeable battery?
But, S6 & S7 are very real possibilities. Even with the bloatware.

When I had to turn in my Note 7, they gave me a S6 Edge loaner. I was actually impressed with it! It wasn't as good as my Note 7, but it was pretty good. When they gave me the S7 Edge, it didn't feel much different than the S6 to me. very similar. The Note 7? that was in a league of its own. I miss it dearly. Far superior.

As for the "bloatware" thing, Im not sure what anyones talking about, On the S6, s7 and Note, I didnt notice anything (all models came from Telus locked). I may be mistaken, but I believe its the US carriers that load the phones up with bloatware.

Please someone correct me if Im wrong about the bloatware, but the Sammy phones are pretty sweeet.

@SunnYS ChatOn, Peel Smart Remote etc. all pre installed, all non removable. Afaik, that is. And we all know how much I know about this ish.

LGG4 AND S6/S7 (non edge) are leaders right now.

@kwtoxman I still own a Lumia 625
Love the WinPhone. Problem is that I do everything through Google. My kid's school stuff all Google. Work? Google. Just makes my life easier to stay that way. My kid has a win10 pc, a Chromebook and an iPod. Too many os' (osi?) for me.

Joe, gonna be a dickhead I'm afraid, but you asked for options,
several were offered several,
and replied that you will continue with a Rogers contract phone

of course you will be given different answers at a Rogers store, so why ask here?

Joe, gonna be a dickhead I'm afraid, but you asked for options,
several were offered several,
and replied that you will continue with a Rogers contract phone

of course you will be given different answers at a Rogers store, so why ask here?
Not a dickhead at all. I should have been more clear in my op.
I was looking for suggestions for a decent phone that I could get on contract. My bad. And anyone who know me, knows I appreciate any and all advice/ help. ☺

JB and I have a great rapport.

@kwtoxman I still own a Lumia 625
Love the WinPhone. Problem is that I do everything through Google. My kid's school stuff all Google. Work? Google. Just makes my life easier to stay that way. My kid has a win10 pc, a Chromebook and an iPod. Too many os' (osi?) for me.

What's the problem? A Lumia 10 phone can fully sync with the major google apps. Doing it myself, email, calendar, contacts, etc. ...??

JB and I have a great rapport.

What's the problem? A Lumia 10 phone can fully sync with the major google apps. Doing it myself, email, calendar, contacts, etc. ...??
Then I need to relook at that. I just know that I sign in to my phone and if I go to the laptop I continue where I was.
Did not realize I could do that with Win10. Please remember ; me no techy

Then I need to relook at that. I just know that I sign in to my phone and if I go to the laptop I continue where I was.
Did not realize I could do that with Win10. Please remember ; me no techy

It's all there for the major apps I discussed. .....And that's what I'm here for. :agave:

AFAIK doesn't W10 work better with google than IOS overall, for example? It works for me with W10, I'm not on IOS.

Last edited:
It's all there, and that's what I'm here for. :agave:

AFAIK doesn't W10 work better with google than IOS overall, for example? It works for me with W10, I'm not on IOS.

yes, while MS and google are not best pals, they do play together much better than apple and google

emails, contacts, calendars are easily shared across the platforms

I'm up for renewal next month-- want to keep my cheap @$$ loyalty / retention plan ($45 + tx, 1000 min day/ unlimited early evenings & weekends Canada wide/ unlimited mms sms/ mini vm/ 500mb data)

$45 for 500mb is a good deal?? I don't think so. You can do much better. Tell 'em to sweeten the pot or take your business elsewhere.

via Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom