Motorcycle that I bought has a Lien | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle that I bought has a Lien

If buyer called from their number, that gives them something to dig into (and not much digging is required). Seller can pass info on phone/email of buyer. We have no idea what this bike is, maybe it is unique and gets spotted. Maybe buyer doesn't have a garage to keep the bike and planned on keeping it in their driveway. Sadly, the repo order is valid even if the buyer thought they bought the bike.
Throw it in storage/friends place. Repo guy can come by anytime he wants.

I'll buy them a coffee and listen to the youtube worthy content.

Throw it in storage/friends place. Repo guy can come by anytime he wants.

I'll buy them a coffee and listen to the youtube worthy content.
The bigger problem for the buyer is if it's not a track bike, it's basically useless. No way I would put it in my name with an open lien. Can't ride it then. Even if it's a track bike, do the cops still setup at the exit to check for stolen bikes?

The bigger problem for the buyer is if it's not a track bike, it's basically useless. No way I would put it in my name with an open lien. Can't ride it then. Even if it's a track bike, do the cops still setup at the exit to check for stolen bikes?
I'm pretty confident if you hold out long enough the lien company will blink first. Yes you`re out money, but so are they.

Also if seller decides to default then I can wakeup and smile everyday knowing his credit is a disaster and eventually I'll get some of my money back by selling it later when the situation cools down.

Not ideal, not fun but the seller likely isn't laughing much either.

Ever dealt with collections? F me. I almost wouldn't wish that on anyone.

I'm pretty confident if you hold out long enough the lien company will blink first. Yes you`re out money, but so are they.

Also if seller decides to default then I can wakeup and smile everyday knowing his credit is a disaster and eventually I'll get some of my money back by selling it later when the situation cools down.

Not ideal, not fun but the seller likely isn't laughing much either.

Ever dealt with collections? F me. I almost wouldn't wish that on anyone.
Selling what later? If the seller decides to default, the lien holder doesn't just clear the lien and let you keep the bike. A bike in purgatory is not worth much. I could be wrong, but I think the only way that lien disappears is if it is paid in full or if the lienholder gets the bike.

Selling what later? If the seller decides to default, the lien holder doesn't just clear the lien and let you keep the bike. A bike in purgatory is not worth much. I could be wrong, but I think the only way that lien disappears is if it is paid in full or if the lienholder gets the bike.
You`re not wrong.

I'm banking on the idea that the lien holder will eventually open a dialogue with me about settling the issue. They want their money and I want to register and ride the bike. All buyer needs is a number and he can pay it himself and then take seller to court. All this 'won't accept payment from 3rd party' is complete baloney. I just did this with my XR and the draft to clear the lien didn't have my name on it.

Joking-not joking, bonus points for anyone who works nights. Random calls all hours of the day. if they have voice mail, leave a nice message

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not one for people with pitchforks, but honestly that seller can get f*cked! I'm petty enough to do everything in my power to bother the hell outta them. That includes signing them up for every type of Scientology/religious mailing group, free community BBQs, free furniture (pickup only, just show yup at xyz street), signing up their phone numbers for garbage, and much more. I'd honestly look up things to sign up for by mail/phone/email. Whatever you can do to make this person's life a living hell.

But first I'd probably show up at their house and demand money back.

It’s small claims court time. Should have the sellers name and address to file. It’s gonna cost some dollars but, unless you get your money back, it’s really the only legal action you can take.

It’s small claims court time. Should have the sellers name and address to file. It’s gonna cost some dollars but, unless you get your money back, it’s really the only legal action you can take.
If the seller is already playing ostrich, do you think investing in a judgement will help? More paper, but no good path to turn that paper into money.

Greasy people in the world.

If you have a mechanic friend you can always ask them to put a lien on it for repairs. Mechanic liens override banking liens

The worst part is the lien may be trivial and just paperwork (not likely given the seller ostriching but possible).
A friend who is into mid 60s Dodge Darts has a fistful of mid 60s ownerships and matching number plates. He would buy wrecks, scavenge a few desirable parts and the plates. The cars were then chopped up.

He says he's been tempted to alter some models he's worked on, cloning, but if caught it would end his profession.

If at some point in time parts go missing, who knows what happened.

If you get screwed for a grand or two it's safer, faster and easier to make up the money with some legal side gig vs compromising your ethics or legal status in a revenge move. Lesson learned re UVIP. Not all education is free.

There is an HTA charge for not providing a UVIP. I have never heard of it being laid. If I am serious about a bike, I have no problem buying the UVIP (anyone can buy any UVIP with the VIN) and that way I know it is legit. A fake UVIP showing no liens is easy enough to make. By getting it from SO, I know it is accurate and up to date (still may miss a very recently filed lien but that situation shouldn't happen often).
You never seen that charge get laid because it's unforceable. All I have to say is that I didn't get the UVIP because I didn't want to sell it to the buyer (assuming the buyer reported me for not providing him with a UVIP).

It's like never hearing of a registered nurse getting charged for not providing aid to an injured person on the road (which by law you have to, you have to provide first-aid). All I have to do is walk away and nobody will ever know.

Wouldn't it be a "civil matter"? I know friends who have worked for shady companies and have not gotten paid and have called cop from the company's office and the cops tell them "sue him in court, it's a civil matter, have a nice day".

If I was the OP I would transfer it to my name, plate it and ride it. The lien company seems like they don't care about getting paid. Who in hell (who is owed money) doesn't accept money from a stranger to pay that debt? OP plate it and enjoy it.

Wouldn't it be a "civil matter"? I know friends who have worked for shady companies and have not gotten paid and have called cop from the company's office and the cops tell them "sue him in court, it's a civil matter, have a nice day".

If I was the OP I would transfer it to my name, plate it and ride it. The lien company seems like they don't care about getting paid. Who in hell (who is owed money) doesn't accept money from a stranger to pay that debt? OP plate it and enjoy it.
I’m sure the issue lies in privacy. The lien isn’t in the new buyers name. If the guy who bought my XR tried to discuss the same with BMW they would have probably told him to pound sand.

What's the status of this bike or the boat anchor?

Back
Top Bottom