Motorcycle Super Show Jan 2017 - Whose going? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle Super Show Jan 2017 - Whose going?

Duty and taxes are two different things... Duty is based upon the products country of origin.
I know for example that a certain item I bought in the US, but was manufactured in Italy was subject to a 3% duty in addition to whatever GST the crown applied....

Duty and taxes are two different things... Duty is based upon the products country of origin.
I know for example that a certain item I bought in the US, but was manufactured in Italy was subject to a 3% duty in addition to whatever GST the crown applied....

Yes, that`s what the representative said. She said the 8.5% is the preferential tariff. If the product is manufactured in US or Mexico there won`t be any tariff because of NAFTA.

The tariff is different for different products/items and where it originated. We should just join @nakkers and drive across the border. Road trip!

Yes, that`s what the representative said. She said the 8.5% is the preferential tariff. If the product is manufactured in US or Mexico there won`t be any tariff because of NAFTA.

The tariff is different for different products/items and where it originated. We should just join @nakkers and drive across the border. Road trip!

I do this frequently... 'Have an address in Niagara Falls NY and one in Port Huron Michigan.

Sometimes it's just the cross border shipping that is so cost prohibitive.
I just bundle my online purchases to make the trip across worthwhile or... Time my deliveries with a trip I'm making anyway...

I'm always down for a little trip across the border folks. Can show you around the area or boogie down to PA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Shoei GT-AIR has a built in retracting tinted visor...
'Never use it. I prefer to see the world as it is, especially when moving at speed on only two wheels.

How is a tinted visor different than sunglasses in this respect? Don't think anyone routinely goes faster than the MotoGP guys and on all but the most overcast days they run dark visors. I prefer to protect my sight comfort with PX sunglasses.

At least according to me, the tinted visors I've used have this very distinct and harsh cutoff line just below your immediate area of fine focus. Perhaps this is not an issue for most but I don't find it comfortable. One shouldn't have this problem with sunglasses since they sit directly on your face.

However I also don't like riding with sunglasses for a few reasons
- can't regulate heat and/or sweating in the summer when stopped ... even with the windshield up
- temples eventually pinch since sunglass arms are sometimes made beefy (I wear Oakleys)
- if I go into an underground parking lot or under a bridge, I can't see squat

Never tried a photochromatic windshield before but it sounds like a great idea to me in theory

First world problems!

And I think I'll check out the show tomorrow. That new bike disease... err itch lol.

At least according to me, the tinted visors I've used have this very distinct and harsh cutoff line just below your immediate area of fine focus. Perhaps this is not an issue for most but I don't find it comfortable. One shouldn't have this problem with sunglasses since they sit directly on your face.

However I also don't like riding with sunglasses for a few reasons
- can't regulate heat and/or sweating in the summer when stopped ... even with the windshield up
- temples eventually pinch since sunglass arms are sometimes made beefy (I wear Oakleys)
- if I go into an underground parking lot or under a bridge, I can't see squat

Never tried a photochromatic windshield before but it sounds like a great idea to me in theory

First world problems!

And I think I'll check out the show tomorrow. That new bike disease... err itch lol.

I was thinking of that as well. I'm not fond of glasses and to wear them inside the helmet I think would be rather uncomfortable. But I'll be skipping the photochromatic shield for now. Is the the sun visor a poor substitute for a dark shield? What's the real difference between racing helmet vs. a touring helmet?

I was thinking of that as well. I'm not fond of glasses and to wear them inside the helmet I think would be rather uncomfortable. But I'll be skipping the photochromatic shield for now. Is the the sun visor a poor substitute for a dark shield? What's the real difference between racing helmet vs. a touring helmet?

Integrated sun visor will add some weight, though I could never feel the extra. One thing I disliked is the small gap left when the visor is down; let's some light through, though you stop noticing after a while. That said, it's nicer than changing shields all the time.

Biggest difference between race and touring/street oriented sport helmets is ventilation in my experience. Every 'race' helmet I've ever owned flowed a lot of air, and subsequently, produces a lot of noise. If you ride with earplugs, this is a non-issue, but it also lets in the cold, so that may be an issue for some. Another difference I've read about but not experienced would be aerodynamics. I got this from reviews of the RF1200 vs the x14; the 14 is apparently like a parachute when you shoulder check. Not a problem for the track, but would be rather annoying on the street

Edit: More important than anything, get the helmet that fits your head shape the best. This is where attending a show will be a huge benefit as you can try on a lot of different lids back to back, and get help and advice.

Last edited:
My last helmet had a drop down visor, I liked it alot but replaced it as it was a modular and heavy/loud. New helmet is an hjc fg17, lighter, lots of airflow, but I now have to carry two shields, pain in the butt.
Napster90, if you ride as a passenger will you have a spot to carry a spare shield? Make sure you wear a helmet for a little bit to see how it fits over time.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Are you saying her head is a cockuu clock?

Edit: More important than anything, get the helmet that fits your head shape the best. This is where attending a show will be a huge benefit as you can try on a lot of different lids back to back, and get help and advice.

Lol Calamari said chose 5 I want to try... otherwise they'll just be glaring and shooing me away.

5 per vendor right?

Are you saying her head is a cockuu clock?

Another similarity we share...

Anybody going tonight? I'm planning on getting there around 7 or so

Lol Calamari said chose 5 I want to try... otherwise they'll just be glaring and shooing me away.

5 per vendor right?

If youre serious about buying, it usually shows; and if they're any good at their job, it won't matter how many or how long, just that you got the best possible fit.

Last edited:
Last time I went to the show I put a deposit down on a 250 Maico. Don't see the streak ending.

Back
Top Bottom