Moto Camping | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Moto Camping

Every time I seem to set up and then take down my tent I seem to have one less tent peg than the last time...

I brought my camping stool with me on this trip and haven't used it once - there's always been a picnic table or some form of outdoor seating.

You made it back okay or still wandering?? Inquiring minds want to know :D
Which route did you take if back.

Heads up...Amazon sent the wrong chairs. Hope this isn't some ploy as the ones they sent me are steel and camo covered. Pretty hard to mistake them from the ones we ordered. Just in the process of seeing how to return and ask for a replacement.

You made it back okay or still wandering?? Inquiring minds want to know :D
Which route did you take if back.
Still wandering. I will ride for another day or two max. I have seen everything I want to see except for some roads on the way home. I'm in Parkersburg WV and will ride around Ohio and WV and maybe some parts of PA. Last night I stayed at the Blue Ridge Moto Campground and came here via Cove Creek Rd/TN32, through the Daniel Boone Park and some nice roads in Kentucky and Ohio. Yesterday I managed to ride the back of the dragon twice, the snake, little Switzerland, all of NC80 the devils whip, little Switzerland, roan mountain, and 50 miles of the BRP towards Ashevlle. These have been long days of twisty madness.

Last edited:
My very first time I went motorcycle camping was on my way to Cabot Trail. It was my wife and I and we had a tent, 2 sleeping bags(rated for -7 deg c), 2 sleeping mats, 2 small pillows, a DSLR camera and everything else needed for a 3 week vacation. I'm pretty sure the bike was overloaded, good thing my wife and I are small.

View attachment 35915

My very first time I went motorcycle camping was on my way to Cabot Trail. It was my wife and I and we had a tent, 2 sleeping bags(rated for -7 deg c), 2 sleeping mats, 2 small pillows, a DSLR camera and everything else needed for a 3 week vacation. I'm pretty sure the bike was overloaded, good thing my wife and I are small.

View attachment 35915
You missed a spot on the front fender. ;)

My wife rides now, so I don't need to research front fender luggage options thankfully. :lmao:

That was on my mind, but anyone who rides a Shadow will know that it is very unlikely that front wheel will ever get off the ground. :eek:

LOL - I hear you - I'm on a Roadstar - no fear of accidentally lifting the front end.

When I was loaded down for the translab with my KLR, the wheelies were awesome! I over packed for that one. Lol.

This is my setup for my 6 week trip
Ya I don't camp much lol.
But I have full respect for those that do.
I love the whole concept of camping right beside a river like Shane does.
And then spending 3 or 4 days riding in the Smokies.
Even the sitting around the camp fire having a coffee or a beer appeals to me.
It's crawling into the tent and the end of the day that just doesn't work for me.
But this is a great thread and I'm learning a lot so keep it up :)

View attachment 35915
I can't wait til the squeeze starts riding. 3 2-up trips this summer and things got pretty tight sometimes on a ninja.

I can't wait til the squeeze starts riding. 3 2-up trips this summer and things got pretty tight sometimes on a ninja.
I hear you on that one. I did a two day two up with a tank bag and a top box and we were riding with rain gear in the top box, so not much room for anything, and she wanted to go dress shopping before we crossed the border! :)

There is no greater feeling than riding with the one you love. Make sure you guys have communicators which will make the ride so much better for her. Even better if they start riding themselves which will allow much more luggage space.

There is no greater feeling than riding with the one you love. Make sure you guys have communicators which will make the ride so much better for her. Even better if they start riding themselves which will allow much more luggage space.

A few years back my wife and I got a set of a Scala headsets and they work very well. Highly recommend.

Back
Top Bottom