Most capable motorcycles in the (reasonable insurance rates) category? | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Most capable motorcycles in the (reasonable insurance rates) category?

Hey I'm not the one who said my bike was better then anything. Truth be told I don't have enough time on the street for it to make a difference. I'm just happy to be on 2 wheels.

Say word - that's why we're all here.

By "better" I meant: better ergonomics, better acceleration (at legal speeds), better value, better fuel economy (SV take 87 octane br00000!), (arguably) better aftermarket support, better insurance rates (which is what this thread is about, amirite?), and it's better at being n00b friendly (more forgiving).

The aftermarket support and ease of maintenance and modification is astounding too. I wanna get a new bike, but I just can't justify it for all the above reasons. I'm thinking about swapping the front end and rear shock to get rid of the major performance downfall of the stock un-adjustable suspension; I've been on it for 6 years now, so it's about time.

I think it's only (other) downfall is looks & posing. IMO It looks better than every bike I'd consider a 'starter' bike, but not better than a 2013 CBR600RR in red (mmmmmm) It's not impressing anyone in a parking lot. Good thing I think Timmie's coffee sucks, anyway :p

Last edited:

By "better" I meant: better ergonomics, better acceleration (at legal speeds), better value, better fuel economy (SV take 87 octane br00000!), (arguably) better aftermarket support, better insurance rates (which is what this thread is about, amirite?), and it's better at being n00b friendly (more forgiving).

The aftermarket support and ease of maintenance and modification is astounding too. I wanna get a new bike, but I just can't justify it for all the above reasons. I'm thinking about swapping the front end and rear shock to get rid of the major performance downfall of the stock un-adjustable suspension; I've been on it for 6 years now, so it's about time.

I think it's only (other) downfall is looks & posing. IMO It looks better than every bike I'd consider a 'starter' bike, but not better than a 2013 CBR600RR in red (mmmmmm) It's not impressing anyone in a parking lot. Good thing I think Timmie's coffee sucks, anyway :p

Yeah I like the SV's. I'll hold onto the CBR for now tho :p

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip. Hoping everything goes smoothly with the licence. Gonna use the 300 to do the test tho ha-ha.

If you have to get M1 again, you wont be able to book M2 ahead of time.

You said you rode the 300 this season yet you still dont have M2? LOL

Now you jumped on 600SS and talked crap about how slow the 300 is?

I hate to see your name on the news. But its almost gonna happen.

rode the 300 all season with only the m1?.....something doesn't add up.....but anyways, I think you will find that insurance will be considerably lower if you have your m2

this negates all your previous points.

If you have to get M1 again, you wont be able to book M2 ahead of time.

You said you rode the 300 this season yet you still dont have M2? LOL

Now you jumped on 600SS and talked crap about how slow the 300 is?

I hate to see your name on the news. But its almost gonna happen.

Oh well that sucks. I can book it immediately after doing the M1 in spring. So at least I can ride right away tho.

Why would you ever say something like "see you on the news". What's wrong with you?

Yes I rode the Ninja 300 this season. Did around 2000km's in total. An yes I am more then comfortable on a 600, its not a spaceship. I'm 6'1 205 it fits me much better then the 300, pretty simple concept.

Get an F4i. Problem solved ;)

2000kms = 1250miles.. I sure hope you get to ride your bike more next year to justify paying over a grand a year.

Not sure what you are getting at here. A 300 can pass cars this has already been established. An FZ6r are overweight undertuned pigs imo.

I love the 07-09 FZ6 tho, full 98hp, adjustable suspension, nice twin undertail cans and comfortable. They should have improved on this platform rather then replace it with a lesser bike.

All my opinion of course.
Have you actually ridden all of them?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Have you actually ridden all of them?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Yup, pretty much every bike ever made. My favorite is still the 1939 Indian. Simple compared to today's motorcycles but overflowing with character.

Of course i haven't ridden them all but I've done extensive research on pretty much every bike in this category. I've read enough about them all to know which bikes excel in this range. An if you even attempt to argue the FZ6R as a better platform ill know you haven't done your own research.

I am anxious to see what the next version of the FZ6R will be. It has potential to be a great bike, its just not right now.

Last edited:
Yup, pretty much every bike ever made. My favorite is still the 1939 Indian. Simple compared to today's motorcycles but overflowing with character.

Of course i haven't ridden them all but I've done extensive research on pretty much every bike in this category. I've read enough about them all to know which bikes excel in this range. An if you even attempt to argue the FZ6R as a better platform ill know you haven't done your own research.

I am anxious to see what the next version of the FZ6R will be. It has potential to be a great bike, its just not right now.

It will be a better platform than the bike you got in a literal sense in terms of your backside thanking you for long rides in the saddle. My brother toured around Europe on one.

It will be a better platform than the bike you got in a literal sense in terms of your backside thanking you for long rides in the saddle. My brother toured around Europe on one.

The F4i ergos are extremely comfortable. It's set up so that all points of contact have equal pressure on them.

Think of it like a triangle of pressure points. Too far forward puts all the pressure on your wrists. Too upright puts all the pressure on your butt etc. The clip-ons are high enough, the rear sets are low enough and the seat is at the right distance between them putting an equal amount of pressure on the 3 points. Keep in mind i'm 6'1 205 so it might not be the same for everybody.

Not to mention being leaned over a bit helps with wind fatigue and buffeting. I HATE riding standard bikes "fairing or not" on the open road because you are constantly fighting the wind and have all of your weight going through your rear end, no thanks.

There is a reason F4i's are still considered the best "all-around" sport bikes even today. They truly do everything well including distance touring. Jared has over 300,000 MILES on his F4i touring with it. An his is even a split seat like mine, wouldn't do that with an uncomfortable bike would you?

I got my quote a couple days ago.

110/month. I'll have to get my M1 again in the spring and then do my M2 right after. No licence tests in November soo that kinda sucks but ill be riding next season on a 600 :)

$110/month for a new rider on a 600? Good deal if you ask me.

FWIW if you can find a MSC (if there's any left to be had, I think I heard there was a few courses that still ran through November) you'll be able to avoid the whole M1 expiry/M2 road test rush in the spring...and it's well worth it.

Sounds good thanks for the update. Look at the service ontario website for the first possible test dates and book it ASAP they fill up VERY quickly, you can go in a few weeks before to write the M1 test.

You have to have the M1 for a minimum of 60 days before you can do the ministry road test AFAIK.

Leaned over a bit/???!!!

527096250_48bb0ba917.jpg

That's a lot of bend in the wrist for distance touring.

"fairing or not" on the open road because you are constantly fighting the wind and have all of your weight going through your rear end, no thanks.

Ummm there are many bikes that actually have neutral seating position. Only cruisers and Burgmans are sit back on your tailbone.

This is neutral, wrists are straight and a slight forward lean and your knees aren't overly bent ( ala VFRs current )

2009-suzuki-vstrom-i01.jpg

All adventure touring bikes have this neutral seating. Some bikes like the FZ09 and my son's FZ08 keep the wrist straight and upright position tho there is much more knee bend.

031814middle1.jpg

That seating I think along with exceptional value for money are what is appealing...same with the CBX500 seating.

Leaned over a bit/???!!!

527096250_48bb0ba917.jpg

That's a lot of bend in the wrist for distance touring.

Ummm there are many bikes that actually have neutral seating position. Only cruisers and Burgmans are sit back on your tailbone.

This is neutral, wrists are straight and a slight forward lean and your knees aren't overly bent ( ala VFRs current )

2009-suzuki-vstrom-i01.jpg

All adventure touring bikes have this neutral seating. Some bikes like the FZ09 and my son's FZ08 keep the wrist straight and upright position tho there is much more knee bend.

031814middle1.jpg

That seating I think along with exceptional value for money are what is appealing...same with the CBX500 seating.

I appreciate the time you took to make this but I am very comfortable on the CBR.

The only bike I would say felt more comfortable is the FZ07. I loved that thing but as far as SS bikes nothing felt better. I knew the second i put my leg over the F4i and grabbed the bars I would have one soon and now I do and I love it.

Couldn't be happier.

The F4i is still a sweet looking bike even today.

It was the hottest when it came out. I remember one kid in my school got it brand new in 2001.... damn was i envy.....

Too bad, insurance on such an old bike does not make sense to me. I dont commute on bike so its a lot of money for having it sit in the garage.

Back
Top Bottom