Most capable motorcycles in the (reasonable insurance rates) category? | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Most capable motorcycles in the (reasonable insurance rates) category?

Yup, pretty much every bike ever made. My favorite is still the 1939 Indian. Simple compared to today's motorcycles but overflowing with character.

Of course i haven't ridden them all but I've done extensive research on pretty much every bike in this category. I've read enough about them all to know which bikes excel in this range. An if you even attempt to argue the FZ6R as a better platform ill know you haven't done your own research.

I am anxious to see what the next version of the FZ6R will be. It has potential to be a great bike, its just not right now.
I doubt they will even make a new fz6r since the introduction of the 07 and 09. Ridden the fz07. OK riding position but sloppy suspension and jerky throttle. Out of all the demos I did this summer I was always more happy to get on my fz6r (new vfr was really nice tho). I've had sport bikes, small cc bikes and now my fz6r touring bike. Have taken it to the Gap, heat cycled the tires, touring long distances, done gymkhana on it. Perfect power delivery, riding position and just the right amount of power. It handles as well if not better than my 300 did. Suspension is balls but its easy enough to upgrade.

Sometimes it's not what's on the spec sheet. It's about how you feel riding it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I doubt they will even make a new fz6r since the introduction of the 07 and 09. Ridden the fz07. OK riding position but sloppy suspension and jerky throttle. Out of all the demos I did this summer I was always more happy to get on my fz6r (new vfr was really nice tho). I've had sport bikes, small cc bikes and now my fz6r touring bike. Have taken it to the Gap, heat cycled the tires, touring long distances, done gymkhana on it. Perfect power delivery, riding position and just the right amount of power. It handles as well if not better than my 300 did. Suspension is balls but its easy enough to upgrade.

Sometimes it's not what's on the spec sheet. It's about how you feel riding it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I haven't ridden one to be honest. But I've sat on one and moved it around, it felt top heavy to me but you are right. Have to get the wheels turning to know what a bike feels like.

Maybe one day I'll be able to ride one.

The F4i ergos are extremely comfortable. It's set up so that all points of contact have equal pressure on them.

Think of it like a triangle of pressure points. Too far forward puts all the pressure on your wrists. Too upright puts all the pressure on your butt etc. The clip-ons are high enough, the rear sets are low enough and the seat is at the right distance between them putting an equal amount of pressure on the 3 points. Keep in mind i'm 6'1 205 so it might not be the same for everybody.

Not to mention being leaned over a bit helps with wind fatigue and buffeting. I HATE riding standard bikes "fairing or not" on the open road because you are constantly fighting the wind and have all of your weight going through your rear end, no thanks.

There is a reason F4i's are still considered the best "all-around" sport bikes even today. They truly do everything well including distance touring. Jared has over 300,000 MILES on his F4i touring with it. An his is even a split seat like mine, wouldn't do that with an uncomfortable bike would you?

Ahh ok...well....while you're filling up at every 200kms you're at least getting regular breaks which is what I'd need if I went back to riding a more leaned over bike...and you make the best of what you've got, doesn't mean it's the best tool for the job.

It was the hottest when it came out. I remember one kid in my school got it brand new in 2001.... damn was i envy.....

Too bad, insurance on such an old bike does not make sense to me. I dont commute on bike so its a lot of money for having it sit in the garage.

This is a good point but you only live once. Enjoy your time while you can.

I'm extremely happy with it and proud to be the owner of an F4i. Sometimes how it makes you feel is important to.

Did an F4i recently become an rc30 or something?
I had the f4 a few years back, nice bike but nothing I couldn't easily live without. But I do have a tendency to move between bikes a fair bit, this season marks the first in years on one bike, still enjoying the versys 650 and it's not going anywhere.

Not sure what you are getting at here. A 300 can pass cars this has already been established. An FZ6r are overweight undertuned pigs imo.

I love the 07-09 FZ6 tho, full 98hp, adjustable suspension, nice twin undertail cans and comfortable. They should have improved on this platform rather then replace it with a lesser bike.

All my opinion of course.

Hey I'm not the one who said my bike was better then anything. Truth be told I don't have enough time on the street for it to make a difference. I'm just happy to be on 2 wheels.

You're a new rider, and yet you praise and dismiss bikes like you've ridden them all....

You're a new rider, and yet you praise and dismiss bikes like you've ridden them all....

I already explained this. You don't need to ride every bike to know which bikes excel in their class and which are lagging behind. If I was "wrong" you would have called me out on it, but instead you want to talk about how I got the information.

Speaks for itself I think.

hey drennan ....i found this ,i believe it is yours ??

know-it-all-300x223.png

I already explained this. You don't need to ride every bike to know which bikes excel in their class and which are lagging behind. If I was "wrong" you would have called me out on it, but instead you want to talk about how I got the information.

Speaks for itself I think.

because you read about it? Form your own opinion on a bike. People on here go on about how uncomfortable the CBR600RR and that it's not a practical everyday bike....guess what? My opinion is quite different. I've ridden quite a few bikes in my time and the reviews are just that...the opinion of a few testers...You're wrong about the FZ6R, It's a fantastic bike....go out and ride one and tell me I'm wrong...If you didn't read that it was a detuned motor you wouldn't have a clue.

because you read about it? Form your own opinion on a bike. People on here go on about how uncomfortable the CBR600RR and that it's not a practical everyday bike....guess what? My opinion is quite different. I've ridden quite a few bikes in my time and the reviews are just that...the opinion of a few testers...You're wrong about the FZ6R, It's a fantastic bike....go out and ride one and tell me I'm wrong...If you didn't read that it was a detuned motor you wouldn't have a clue.

Guess i thought this was a place to talk about bikes. Sorry if I came across negatively. I'm just opinionated I guess.

Guess i thought this was a place to talk about bikes. Sorry if I came across negatively. I'm just opinionated I guess.

Talking is good. Just be slower to brush off a bike that you have minimal or no experience with. You came off a bit crass, unintentionally no doubt!
The folks around here will jump on any apple cart rattling. Also, worry less about tech specs and the like, and more about seat time. The bike reviews that are out there are heavily biased and very myopic.
Enjoy riding, try it all, respect each bike for its capabilities and its gearing.

that's what I'm getting at. You're opinionated based on other people's opinions that you've read about and basically making it sound like fact. Go on demo rides, have fun.

Talking is good. Just be slower to brush off a bike that you have minimal or no experience with. You came off a bit crass, unintentionally no doubt!
The folks around here will jump on any apple cart rattling. Also, worry less about tech specs and the like, and more about seat time. The bike reviews that are out there are heavily biased and very myopic.
Enjoy riding, try it all, respect each bike for its capabilities and its gearing.

OK point taken. Hoe everyone is enjoying the good weather.

Aww I missed the f4i circle jerk :(

F4i was THE girl bike back in the day. It was so far from a supersport that Honda had to add two R's to their next 600 just to get back into the game.

Pretty neat sport tourer tho! :-O

F4i was THE girl bike back in the day. It was so far from a supersport that Honda had to add two R's to their next 600 just to get back into the game.

I bet your bike represent your dick size.

Do you look down when someone pulls next to you with a "bigger" bike?

BTW if you see my car Im sure you will want to worship my dick.

Where on the doll did the F4i touch you? :p

I bet your bike represent your dick size.

Do you look down when someone pulls next to you with a "bigger" bike?

BTW if you see my car Im sure you will want to worship my dick.
I bet your Civic Si gets all the ladies

Another armchair motorcycle expert; little or no experience, yet somehow knows it all.

Having read the entire painful thread, I can draw one shocking conclusion: Mighty Mike is back!

HHHolllllaaaa!!!!!

1329397946402_4629319.png

Back
Top Bottom