Local Auto Thefts | Page 8 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Local Auto Thefts

Another Quebec crew in town, dragging an officer assumingly while they were hanging onto front or back of vehicle? crazy

Failure to comply with release order amongst the charges. Some things the middle east has right.

Yes and by the way the article was written, it seems the vehicle was also stolen...Maybe I'm used to seeing things in movies, but can't the police coordinate their efforts a little better? Put broadcast out for all units to look for a brand new truck at 3am, likely headed to get onto the highway... can't be that many vehicles driving around at 3am. Shouldn't be hard to find within the first 30 mins to an hour.

Yes and by the way the article was written, it seems the vehicle was also stolen...Maybe I'm used to seeing things in movies, but can't the police coordinate their efforts a little better? Put broadcast out for all units to look for a brand new truck at 3am, likely headed to get onto the highway... can't be that many vehicles driving around at 3am. Shouldn't be hard to find within the first 30 mins to an hour.
It's pretty hard. There aren't very many police working at any given time, especially a night shift. Most toronto precincts have two officers or less to cover each precinct overnight. In the country, even in the day, lots of things get called in and there are no cops within 20 minutes of the location.

There have been a few recent incidents of swatting in Barrie. The calls are concerning enough that they send everybody. Supervisors, under cover, ETF, marked cars, etc. That is about a dozen vehicles during the day. That is the best case scenario for a large response and police are focussed in a relatively small area.

YRP is now handing out doorstops to make doors harder to kick in.

Reads: We can't get there to help you in any expectation of a reasonable time. Here's a complimentary door stop to try and buy you some time. Good luck!

Reads: We can't get there to help you. Here's a complimentary door stop to try and buy you some time. Good luck!
Since YRP seems to be a perpetual front runner for most corruption and least convictions, I suspect they either bought the doorstops from someone's cousin or collaborated with the feds to steal an incoming shipment for a minor paperwork error.

Reads: We can't get there to help you in any expectation of a reasonable time. Here's a complimentary door stop to try and buy you some time. Good luck!
I worked at a women's shelter in the late 80s. When an abusive husband showed up to do bad things they would call the fire department's direct phone number. Then call the police. The fire department was there in a couple of minutes which would defuse the situation while the police not so much. The fire department was entirely good with it.

Instead of someone is steeling my car...my car is on fire????

I worked at a women's shelter in the late 80s. When an abusive husband showed up to do bad things they would call the fire department's direct phone number. Then call the police. The fire department was there in a couple of minutes which would defuse the situation while the police not so much. The fire department was entirely good with it.

Instead of someone is steeling my car...my car is on fire????
Fire responds quickly (and may inadvertently block your driveway preventing the theft) but most thefts happen so quickly that they would be gone before fire arrives. Every call to your address gets logged and provided during the next response. Crying wolf for a non-existent fire will do you no favors imo.

Fire responds quickly (and may inadvertently block your driveway preventing the theft) but most thefts happen so quickly that they would be gone before fire arrives. Every call to your address gets logged and provided during the next response. Crying wolf for a non-existent fire will do you no favors imo.
Condos would eventually get charged per truck that shows, think you had 3 call freebies/year and then it was $300/truck as i recall. I assume this extends to private homes as well.

Condos would eventually get charged per truck that shows, think you had 3 call freebies/year and then it was $300/truck as i recall. I assume this extends to private homes as well.
I was told that the call out charge was discretionary but consider that there may be some animosity between fire and police and you might be subjecting the fire boys to gunfire. Their bunker gear is fire resistant not bulletproof.

All well and good until the power goes out ?
That's easy - use a normally open solenoid, power goes out and the solenoid opens. Don't need it when the power is out as the automatic door opener will keep the door closed from the outside when there is no power.

Ooof....700k for a car.

If you can't steal the car quietly, you just carjack the owner...

That woman's story sounds like such BS. She says that she held up 4 armed guys for 3 to 4 minutes and had one drop the magazine and show her the bullets.
In the real world she would have got pistol whipped or if the crooks were worried that the RR dealer scrimped on the scotchgard they would have used her hair as a handle and pulled her out of the ride in the first 5 seconds of the encounter.
You just don't hold up those kind of guys work and have them play show and tell while testing TPS response time.

Back
Top Bottom