Lee Parks and Total Control are coming to Ontario | Page 15 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Lee Parks and Total Control are coming to Ontario

Hey Paul, what happed to David's Bike and trailer demo. You didn't post them.. PS. I have been working real hard since my level 1 course. Feel I will be ready and am totally excited to do the level 2.

Hey Paul, what happed to David's Bike and trailer demo. You didn't post them.. PS. I have been working real hard since my level 1 course. Feel I will be ready and am totally excited to do the level 2.

I am not sure anyone got any, if so I would like to see them as well! here is one from last year (At a distance with a lower heaveir bike)

And just to show the trailer has more uses as well, I was in a wedding last year, (Being in the wedding meant I could not ride the bike) so someone rode the bike brining the bride to the ceremony, and then left with the bride and groom!

I took several on the June 23 Level 2 course. I'll try to twist Paul's arm to post them. If you shoot me a pm with an e-mail address I will send them to you.

Thanks Paul and Stephen for the L2 photos. Here's my comparison for both levels.

L1 - Start
hrh2.jpg

L1 - Mid
uufg.jpg

L1 - End

svr2.jpg

L2
ddgk.jpg

30d2.jpg

xo21.jpg

Gotta get my chest closer to the tank... but huge difference compared to before L1.

I did...stupid newbie mistake though...was just finished an exercise, Lee Parks was stepping up to show me the picture, I stopped ...but didn't put my foot down....over she went

i mean .. did you chop the nose piece fairing down?

Yeah... Didn't want to use an aftermarket street fighter headlight.

油井緋色;2035414 said:
With all seriousness, did anyone drop their bike on TC1 or TC2?

I did, twice. The first time was during the L1 practice last year. I went too far on the sides over an area that had all the dirt, my front tire slip and I low sided (hence why no fairings). And I went down again on L2, but because I was pushing a bit too hard (and too much bike lean, not enough body lean). My pegs had been dragging for a while, until my front tires gave up.

But from what I heard you rarely see anyone going down on these courses. You just have to take your time and practice the techniques that they will teach/show you. And if you are really worried, a set of frame sliders will do you wonders.

Yeah... Didn't want to use an aftermarket street fighter headlight.

I did, twice. The first time was during the L1 practice last year. I went too far on the sides over an area that had all the dirt, my front tire slip and I low sided (hence why no fairings). And I went down again on L2, but because I was pushing a bit too hard (and too much bike lean, not enough body lean). My pegs had been dragging for a while, until my front tires gave up.

But from what I heard you rarely see anyone going down on these courses. You just have to take your time and practice the techniques that they will teach/show you. And if you are really worried, a set of frame sliders will do you wonders.

The last time I went down my rotors warped and I already have sliders!

By the way, are we allowed to record our personal runs during practice? I've got a Contour I want to use to analyze my mistakes later.

油井緋色;2035524 said:
By the way, are we allowed to record our personal runs during practice? I've got a Contour I want to use to analyze my mistakes later.

+1

I have a Drift that I would like to leave on.

油井緋色;2035524 said:

I've seen videos on youtube taken by people during their courses in the states. But I'm sure David or Donna will comment on it here.

油井緋色;2035524 said:

They will tell you what you are doing wrong

These pics show a great progrssion from the start to the end!

Thanks Paul and Stephen for the L2 photos. Here's my comparison for both levels.

L1 - Start
hrh2.jpg

L1 - Mid
uufg.jpg

L1 - End

svr2.jpg

L2
ddgk.jpg

30d2.jpg

xo21.jpg

Gotta get my chest closer to the tank... but huge difference compared to before L1.

Back
Top Bottom