Lee Parks and Total Control are coming to Ontario | Page 13 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Lee Parks and Total Control are coming to Ontario

Hi all,

Ray here, in Jul 29, Sunday class. :) (i.e. silver CBR1000RR)

Thanks for all the tips and advice in TC2 course. Learned a lot.

Really love the photos , it showed me, helped me a lot on telling me what is wrong with my body position.

Ray you did a great job and made amazing progress all day! Keep practicing the next time I am up stop over to say hello!

Hi all,

Ray here, in Jul 29, Sunday class. :) (i.e. silver CBR1000RR)

Thanks for all the tips and advice in TC2 course. Learned a lot.

Really love the photos , it showed me, helped me a lot on telling me what is wrong with my body position.

hey Ray - just keep that butt on the seat and u'll be allright! I think Ray was the most enthusiastic student - sometimes I thought he wants to murder the lot, very intense :D

Quick correction. Cutekill was not the instructor that day. :) She was the one outside under the tent most of time and doing all the paper work!

Your instructor was Nancy Mayer. ;)

David, I'm glad we finally got to meet, you can be sure Clocklaw will get swift and severe pay back :D

Seriously though, I've done the FAST School at Shannonville this past May, it was awesome, and I got to practice what I did know in a safe environment. Turns out my fun meter doesn't go to 10. It goes to 17. I always considered myself a reasonably capable rider, but you can always learn something, sometimes quite a bit.

After riding with friends both before and after taking the ARC class, it was immediately apparent to me they improved a LOT. These are all guys with decades of riding experience.

I have to say after taking the TC class, both you and Nancy proved to me that while capable, I've still got many things to learn. More importantly, it was became glaringly apparent, to me at least, that over the years, I've let some fundamentals 'get lazy'.

You can be sure I'll be enrolled in the next L2 class - I really tried to get in for the Sunday course, but work would have none of that on such short notice. I emailed Donna about it and she's aware that I will enroll should another course be made available this August.

Both you and CuteKill (appropriate name if you ask me!) are both excellent instructors, patient and absolutely critically, have a passion for imparting your knowledge and skills on your students.

I'll be recommending the TC course to all the people I ride with, and some I refuse to ride with (you know the type I'm talking about).

In the meantime I'll be taking my little CBR250R out to the local parking lot and practicing some more.

Hope to see you all in August!

Totally, I will drop by and say hello for sure. the is no more TC course this year right?

If enough people express an interest (And the venue can be reserved) they said they will offer another class. So if anyone is interested send an e-mail and let the powers that be know you want it!

They have also talked about a "Skills Day" that is for anyone that has completed the level I or II and we spend several hours just in the lot going over and practicing the stuff we did in class. Great way to get some supervised practice in a safe environment etc.

Quick correction. Cutekill was not the instructor that day. :) She was the one outside under the tent most of time and doing all the paper work!

Your instructor was Nancy Mayer. ;)

I stand corrected. Thanks a bunch for all your hard work.

If enough people express an interest (And the venue can be reserved) they said they will offer another class. So if anyone is interested send an e-mail and let the powers that be know you want it!

Done and done. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it doesn't happen the weekend I'm planning on running SE Ohio again.

They have also talked about a "Skills Day" that is for anyone that has completed the level I or II and we spend several hours just in the lot going over and practicing the stuff we did in class. Great way to get some supervised practice in a safe environment etc.

Oh yes, I would love to do that. Send me emails when its arrange.

I would also be very interested in a skills day... until then, I bought some traffic cones to practice with.

Really liked the Level 1 and 2. I learned tons of things to work on for better control and smoothness.

From this:
1-S.jpg

To this:
2-S.jpg

And This:
3-S.jpg

On my DL650. Very good practical instruction and feedback each day. Highly recommended.

Last edited:
Is anyone showing up tomorrow? I just came from a test ride and it's really cold outside. :(

Is anyone showing up tomorrow? I just came from a test ride and it's really cold outside. :(

We're on our way down now to get set up. Hope to see you there!

Was part of the afternoon session today (skills day).

All I can say is the instruction just keeps getting better and better!

Leaned off my bike further than I ever had before.
Realized my vision was slightly off (not using peripherals enough).
My throttle control was pretty spot on.

To be honest I wouldn't mind attending a skills day every couple of months. Im sure graduates of the course would come back time and time again just to refresh their skills and work on things they didn't have time to tackle during the actual course.

I love being given a whole bunch of tips in a day, then going about riding on my own and working through them, then returning a month or two later and having the same instructors give me some more advanced tips, etc.

Donna and Nancy were awesome (no one would have expected less!), they were spot on in their advice.

3 people showed in the morning, 6 in the afternoon. We were able to go at our own pace and if we wanted to stay doing something we could have easily voiced our concern. Got a lot of personal attention because of the small group size.

Lessons were reiterated but their was no in class. Frankly for $25 it was a steal. Get your foundations in the actual level 1&2 course, then actually work on your skills and progress during the skills days.

I swear if you offered skills days monthly, they would fill up pretty fast. Even for $50-$100 I'm sure you would have interest!

Anyways just wanted to thank Nancy and Donna for helping a brother out. Really admired both of your dedication to the sport.

It's a godsend that total control came to Ontario, there is nothing like it up here in the north!!!

Was part of the afternoon session today (skills day).

All I can say is the instruction just keeps getting better and better!

Leaned off my bike further than I ever had before.
Realized my vision was slightly off (not using peripherals enough).
My throttle control was pretty spot on.

To be honest I wouldn't mind attending a skills day every couple of months. Im sure graduates of the course would come back time and time again just to refresh their skills and work on things they didn't have time to tackle during the actual course.

I love being given a whole bunch of tips in a day, then going about riding on my own and working through them, then returning a month or two later and having the same instructors give me some more advanced tips, etc.

Donna and Nancy were awesome (no one would have expected less!), they were spot on in their advice.

3 people showed in the morning, 6 in the afternoon. We were able to go at our own pace and if we wanted to stay doing something we could have easily voiced our concern. Got a lot of personal attention because of the small group size.

Lessons were reiterated but their was no in class. Frankly for $25 it was a steal. Get your foundations in the actual level 1&2 course, then actually work on your skills and progress during the skills days.

I swear if you offered skills days monthly, they would fill up pretty fast. Even for $50-$100 I'm sure you would have interest!

Anyways just wanted to thank Nancy and Donna for helping a brother out. Really admired both of your dedication to the sport.

It's a godsend that total control came to Ontario, there is nothing like it up here in the north!!!

I agree. It was totally awesome getting to practice all that we learned in the previous course and I would do the refresher a few times a year as well:)

Hope you guys have one for the spring.

I was there for the morning event and I low sided... No injuries and small damage to the bike... Still, you can bet I'll be back for L2 next year. :D. Their courses are great.

And This:
3-S.jpg

On my DL650. Very good practical instruction and feedback each day. Highly recommended.
Aren't you not supposed to lean away from the turn. Unless the goal is just to get the bike to lean more while accomplishing the same turn as you would if you leaned into the turn while keeping the bike more upright...

I was there for the morning event and I low sided... No injuries and small damage to the bike... Still, you can bet I'll be back for L2 next year. :D. Their courses are great.

Hey don't worry about going down (not that you are), it means you were pushing yourself, which in a parking lot under the supervision of professionals, is a good thing!

I taught you how to ride, your a model student simply because your taking extra advanced riding courses so early in your motorcycle career.

You my friend are awesome!

Hey don't worry about going down (not that you are), it means you were pushing yourself, which in a parking lot under the supervision of professionals, is a good thing!

I taught you how to ride, your a model student simply because your taking extra advanced riding courses so early in your motorcycle career.

You my friend are awesome!

Yup, before the first exercise I told myself "it's no big deal if I go down":)

Go get that new battery! And I'm glad to hear that you removed the fear from your reptile brain. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Aren't you not supposed to lean away from the turn. Unless the goal is just to get the bike to lean more while accomplishing the same turn as you would if you leaned into the turn while keeping the bike more upright...

This picture could have been taken before we got to the body position drills, or even during the transition when he would have been moving from one side of the bike to the other. Not sure from your Question as it seems od in wording. the goal in the end is to lean your body more and the bike less.

I taught you how to ride

Funny typo (if it's a typo)... because in fact you did. I took my M1 exit with you. :)

Really not worried about going down. End of season for me anyways (as I can't stand the cold), so I got the whole winter to fix the bike. Plus... this is a really just a training bike, so no worries on that side.

And yes I was pushing myself. I'm really proud of how far I got for the first year. Next year I'll be getting even better.

Back
Top Bottom