Lee Parks and Total Control are coming to Ontario | Page 16 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Lee Parks and Total Control are coming to Ontario

See you guys tomorrow :D

I'm pretty excited. Track school comes after this :cool:

油井緋色;2039457 said:
See you guys tomorrow :D

I'm pretty excited. Track school comes after this :cool:

Are you more prepared for track school now?

Are you more prepared for track school now?

It opened my eyes a lot.

I realized my biggest weaknesses were tense arms and my vision. Writing a blog post related to vision.

I'm applying the vision lesson even while I am driving. My cornering speeds are slightly slower on highway ramps because I am trying to focus on finding a turn point, looking through, and "flopping".

The "bow and arrow" concept with re-positioning my body prior to a turn is taking some time to get used to but my corners are MUCH smoother.

All in all...I cannot wait for track school so I can get a safe, enclosed environment to go all out with this stuff. It really was worth the money (though it is damn pricey! lol)

油井緋色;2043497 said:
It opened my eyes a lot.

I realized my biggest weaknesses were tense arms and my vision. Writing a blog post related to vision.

I'm applying the vision lesson even while I am driving. My cornering speeds are slightly slower on highway ramps because I am trying to focus on finding a turn point, looking through, and "flopping".

The "bow and arrow" concept with re-positioning my body prior to a turn is taking some time to get used to but my corners are MUCH smoother.

All in all...I cannot wait for track school so I can get a safe, enclosed environment to go all out with this stuff. It really was worth the money (though it is damn pricey! lol)

How long have you been riding? What training schools have you taken so far?

How long have you been riding? What training schools have you taken so far?

3 seasons, approximately 36,000km

Only Total Control. I've read Total Control and watched some parts of Twist of the Wrist. Prior to taking this course, I was already practicing some of the techniques that I mentioned in the above post. The tense arms were a bad habit I developed due to upgrading to a supersport and supporting some of my weight with my wrist, rather than completely supporting my body with my hips/quads/lower back.

The vision issue is probably due to playing too many first person shooter video games and always having a "spotlight" vision scanning for targets. It's more of a mental thing to use floodlight vision and mentally scan for hazards (aka potholes, vehicles, red lights, etc.) while riding and cornering.

The 10 Steps to Cornering method that Lee Parks designed I was doing with huge errors, prior to taking the course, due to my tense arms and sticking my knee out before my head and shoulder moved.

Honestly, I would have been fine riding the way I did before on the street but I want to continue learning and figuring out what I'm doing wrong, I'd imagine RACER5 will give me additional insight next year. Fawaz is a great guy =D

(Apologies for the lengthy post, I figured I can hammer into my head what I did wrong by writing it out lol)

Who took the recent classes? any imput or thoughts, Next Months classes are coming up fast!

I guess the for the rest of the month leading to september there will be no more level 1 courses??

It is time to Revisit this thread! We are in the middle of winter and with all the snow we keep getting here, all I think of is when can I get out and ride!

So who is planning ahead for spring? who is going to be taking any classes this year? I know the schedule for 2014 is up over on the SharpRider.com website. Has anyone signed up yet? I am already planning my schedule, and will also be incorporating some dirt bike riding with my trips up again this season!

Last edited:
Ill be back for both skills days as per usual!

consistently getting my outside arm to the tank and rolling on the throttle earlier and earlier

Nice to hear, Hopefully I will get the chance to meet and work with everyone! My Dance card is pretty full already, starting in the Middle of March! I will be teaching a Total Control Instructor Class in Virginia, then doing Level I and level II classes in Both Kentucky and Tennessee before getting to head back home again.

I booked the total control level 1 class for June the 1st..

....in November 2013!!

I'm that excited!!!

Hopefully,the skinny tires on the 300 will hold up to the leaning and stuff...:S

Hopefully,the skinny tires on the 300 will hold up to the leaning and stuff...:S

The tires will do just fine! We see all kinds and you will learn a lot about those tires as well! Looking forward to working with you!

Would a 125cc 2 stroke be permitted? Street legal, valid registration, and valid insurance, of course.

Would a 125cc 2 stroke be permitted? Street legal, valid registration, and valid insurance, of course.

Yes, all bikes are welcome, We have even had scooters, and bikes towing trailers. I taught a class riding a 1974 Suzuki GT185 Two Stroke in Nashville. We also accept students with passengers.

this thread has been a little quite, not to many people thinking of improving their riding skills for the coming season?

Back
Top Bottom