KTM Super Duke GT | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

KTM Super Duke GT

That's the appeal of the smaller bikes, you're more engaged in riding, shifting more often etc. The other nice thing is that you can actually run through the gears and play without going super sonic.
My last two bikes were a v strom 1000 and a mildly tuned bandit 1200, my current ride is a 650 vstrom and it's a blast on the back roads, comfy on the slab. Wouldn't want to 2up much tho...:D

I guess that can be an issue of the larger bikes. You really don't feel like you are going THAT fast. Coming home from Algonquin Park I decided to stretch the 1190's legs while passing a couple cars.... I look down at the gauge..... HOLY *&@^. Promptly switched from Sport mode to Street & Comfort Mode.

You got rid of your Versys? Vstrom!?!?!?

I guess that can be an issue of the larger bikes. You really don't feel like you are going THAT fast. Coming home from Algonquin Park I decided to stretch the 1190's legs while passing a couple cars.... I look down at the gauge..... HOLY *&@^. Promptly switched from Sport mode to Street & Comfort Mode.

You got rid of your Versys? Vstrom!?!?!?

My bad. Current ride is a 650 versys, not a 650 vstrom.
Too many bikes the last few years, can't keep them straight anymore. Lol

My bad. Current ride is a 650 versys, not a 650 vstrom.
Too many bikes the last few years, can't keep them straight anymore. Lol

I hear that... Somebody I know recently asked what happened to my other bike. I'm like the KTM 690? No... The red one????

Ohhh the FZ-09! lol.

Electronic suspension=awesome
ABS=awesome
TC=awesome
200+ horsepower=****ing awesome

The 'dont need it' brigade is weird. I don't need a motorcycle at all, but if Im gonna ride one, it might as well be absolutely ridiculous. I heard the latest greatest 200 horsepower supersports have a continuously on-the-fly adjustable and variable throttle actuation device on-board anyway... so you don't really have to use all that horsepower if you don't want to. Shenanigans!!

Funny, when I went from a 485 lb bike with 66 hp & 44 foot pounds to a 500 lb bike with 135 hp & 87 foot pounds, my riding habits didn't change too much but my grin factor certainly did. 60,000 kms later I've explored more of the potential of the bike and I've gotten quite used to that level of performance. Problem is, my wife will do day rides with me but that bike is not too comfortable for her and doesn't have the carrying capacity for longer 2-up touring. I love the performance of a lighter bike, so don't want to go to something big like a Connie. We've toured in Europe on bikes with similar power to mine but with more weight, and the difference is noticeable. The pillion seat on the GT looks bigger and better shaped. Hope the leg room and load capacity are better.

So you're right, I am looking to compensate for something. The additional weight of a passenger and gear. Does that make me immature and emotionally insecure? I agree, a better rider on a lesser bike will out-ride a weaker rider on a more powerful bike. But put that same better rider on a better bike and he/she will go faster, have more fun and have a bigger safety net. Just like after doing a number of track days on a 125, at some point you're going to want to move up to a 250.

I went from a 650R to an RS125 and rarely regret it. The extra maintenance of rebuilding is a bit of a pain. But I don't ride 2 up anymore.

Back
Top Bottom