KTM Super Duke GT | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

KTM Super Duke GT

Enjoyment is mastering the beast and terrain yourself. What other sport wants to put as much cushion between field and equipment as coddled modern street racers? Two balls my rectum.

Right? We should just go back to girder forks and springy seats for a more authentic connection to the terrain

Right? We should just go back to girder forks and springy seats for a more authentic connection to the terrain

Well, sure. Because like any good debate the answers are found at the extremes. Right?

I'm just trying to get inside your head. At what level of functioning suspension do you draw the line for a two testicled tourist? Is there a two testicle limit?

I'm just trying to get inside your head. At what level of functioning suspension do you draw the line for a two testicled tourist? Is there a two testicle limit?

Well, if you've got two very large balls, I'd recommend new springs for the extra weight at the very least.
I'm quite happy with setting up most stock suspensions for my weight/riding style. However, if money weren't always one of my first concerns, I'd definitely have a much fancier bike than my versys 650. Think 1190 adventure, fj09, maybe even s1000xr.

I've already drawn my line and voted with my dollars, but who cares, everybody's got there own thing. That's not going to stop me from saying 1000hp and super computer controlled everything is unnecessary for anything but one upmanship. Bikes are getting stupid. There, I said it. Flame suit on.

My current bike has 135 hp and a properly set up suspension. No electronic aids, not even ABS. And I'm very happy with it. My next bike will be better set up for 2-up touring, but I'm not prepared to give up the weight, performance and handling I've become used to, to get this. If that new bike is safer, handles better and is more fun to ride because of electronics, so much the better. But I'm certainly don't feel the need to trade up every time the latest & greatest is introduced.

I do draw the line at automatic or duel clutch transmissions. If I won't own a car with an automatic, I most certainly won't have a bike with one. They will never offer the level of engagement I like when driving or riding.

My current bike has 135 hp and a properly set up suspension. No electronic aids, not even ABS. And I'm very happy with it. My next bike will be better set up for 2-up touring, but I'm not prepared to give up the weight, performance and handling I've become used to, to get this. If that new bike is safer, handles better and is more fun to ride because of electronics, so much the better. But I'm certainly don't feel the need to trade up every time the latest & greatest is introduced.

I do draw the line at automatic or duel clutch transmissions. If I won't own a car with an automatic, I most certainly won't have a bike with one. They will never offer the level of engagement I like when driving or riding.
Agreed, this is why I have a 2 door manual Jeep wrangler... because an automatic Jeep is not really a jeep... but that is a whole other conversation lol.

I've already drawn my line and voted with my dollars, but who cares, everybody's got there own thing. That's not going to stop me from saying 1000hp and super computer controlled everything is unnecessary for anything but one upmanship. Bikes are getting stupid. There, I said it. Flame suit on.

I half agree. I feel like around 70hp is a sweet spot for street riding (e.g. SV650). If I can get that in a non-sleep inducing motor, like your average parallel twin or small four, great.

Most electronic aids belong in the other quadrillion discussions GTAM has had on the topic, but semi-active suspension isn't doing something for you that the Platonic ideal of a motorcycle rider can do for themselves.

I half agree. I feel like around 70hp is a sweet spot for street riding

Thank god for small mercies, I was questioning there for a while if I could even partially neutralize your relentless onslaught.

If I got a 70hp bike I will also buy a Pinto to go with it :)... and a vagina even though most vaginas I hang with wouldn't ride a 70hp bike as it would be too boring

Sent from my Leap using Tapatalk

I think we got ourselves a Mexican standoff.

If I got a 70hp bike I will also buy a Pinto to go with it :)... and a vagina even though most vaginas I hang with wouldn't ride a 70hp bike as it would be too boring

Sent from my Leap using Tapatalk

My supermoto makes 50ish HP and is a boat load of fun up to about 100, not too much beyond that. Couldn't imagine touring 2up with 50lbs of luggage with it.

Everything has it's place. Figure out what suits your particular needs

My supermoto makes 50ish HP and is a boat load of fun up to about 100, not too much beyond that. Couldn't imagine touring 2up with 50lbs of luggage with it.

Everything has it's place. Figure out what suits your particular needs
I was joking about the 70hp. :)

The appeal of powerful bikes with lots of torque is that you dont have to work hard to go fast and have a good time. Sure an sv650 might get 70hp which is all u need but ill be at 10k rpm. My 1200 Bandit will make that power at 6k rpm which means that I can feel the rush without travelling at super legal speeds. I get lots of torque at the smallest throttle opening. It just makes riding that much more enjoyable.

The appeal of powerful bikes with lots of torque is that you dont have to work hard to go fast and have a good time. Sure an sv650 might get 70hp which is all u need but ill be at 10k rpm. My 1200 Bandit will make that power at 6k rpm which means that I can feel the rush without travelling at super legal speeds. I get lots of torque at the smallest throttle opening. It just makes riding that much more enjoyable.

I suspect you may have never ridden an SV650 - they make plenty of power in the down low as well

I suspect you may have never ridden an SV650 - they make plenty of power in the down low as well

I have actually and it was pretty fun to be honest. If I were to downsize, it would be to an sv650. But you cant compare it to a bike that makes 65lb/ft torque at 4k rpm

That's the appeal of the smaller bikes, you're more engaged in riding, shifting more often etc. The other nice thing is that you can actually run through the gears and play without going super sonic.
My last two bikes were a v strom 1000 and a mildly tuned bandit 1200, my current ride is a 650 vstrom and it's a blast on the back roads, comfy on the slab. Wouldn't want to 2up much tho...:D

Threads like this make it fun not having cable ;-)
I'm on the GO Train trying to keep my lol quite.

Back
Top Bottom