June 7 2018 Ontario Election | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

June 7 2018 Ontario Election

Dougy just announced that he is running for PC leadership to fight against the elites.

For some reason I thought you were being sarcastic....I just saw the news.

Sent from the moon!

Dougy just announced that he is running for PC leadership to fight against the elites.

In his announcement he basically said the PC brass was out to get him, didn't want him to win. Great start, saying you want to lead a bunch of back stabbers.

We are so doomed.

I'd vote for Dougy. His brother smokeed a little crack, so what?

Oh, so other than that, Dougy, as you put it, is just genuinely decent, humble and I am sure smart and very electable guy we should vote for? Do I have that right? Like, his candidacy has anything to do with his brother ....

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/new...ys-history-with-drug-dealing/article12153014/

One has to be insane to vote for someone with these skeletons in his closet, especially given his late brother's dalliances with the drugs and gangs:

rob_ford.jpg

Dougy held a press conference yesterday in his moms rec room in Etobicoke, claiming he is in because the PC brass wants him out, coming to cut the fat. Pulling out his dumdum brother and The Donald's play book.

You cant argue the success of a campaign aimed at the greater population of idiots.

There's only on Dougy who could win big in politics in GTA ... and that is not the elitist/populist Dougy handing out 20 dollar bills in high-rises. You know which one I am talking about ... :)

Wynne is totally gonna win it. Not because she's good, but probably because the PC had leaders with poorly hidden skeletons in their closets, and the guy stepping up the plate is the brother of Toronto's famous crack head mayor.

Also what's with all the women hating? Brown was pushed aside by his own party, not Wynne or a bunch of crazies from York U. He got caught up in a scandal and unlike Teflon Don down south, he couldn't shake it off. This is political Darwinism, someone will replace him. He wasn't some sort of PC messiah. This kind of public purge may even end up being good for the PCs in the long run; in time, it has the potential to remove the moral superiority argument for the liberals.

It's not so much the Teflon coating of the candidate ... it's rather different voter mindset. Someone like Trump would not stand a chance up here. At all.

If it was south of the border, Brown would call BS and march right along. Contrary to that, Brown's closest campaign people were the first one to quit on him. The voting public was not even asked whether they care or not ... compare that to the cowboy Roy Moore.

Cannot see how PC could turn this into advantage .. so close to voting day?? This is a party who had almost 4 years and Brown was the best they could come up with ... you really think they will be able to turn it around now? Maybe you should apply quickly, because they will take anyone decent, I hear .... :)

Last edited:
It's not so much the Teflon coating of the candidate ... it's rather different voter mindset. Someone like Trump would not stand a chance up here. At all.

If it was south of the border, Brown would call BS and march right along. Contrary to that, Brown's closest campaign people were the first one to quit on him. The voting public was not even asked whether they care or not ... compare that to the cowboy Roy Moore.

Cannot see how PC could turn this into advantage .. so close to voting day?? This is a party who had almost 4 years and Brown was the best they could come up with ... you really think they will be able to turn it around now? Maybe you should apply quickly, because they will take anyone decent, I hear .... :)

I know it was the feds but what about Kevin O Leary? He got close. Don’t underestimate the power of stupidity or the allure of celebrity (to the same stupid people).

He never got close to winning anything. He dropped out ... supposedly because poor French-language skills? ... yeah, OK (I guess he never expected speaking French might be a pre-requisite???). But other than that, he was confident, he could win ... LOL

He never got close to winning anything. He dropped out ... supposedly because poor French-language skills? ... yeah, OK (I guess he never expected speaking French might be a pre-requisite???). But other than that, he was confident, he could win ... LOL

He actually had some semi serious backing though. I know our local cons association seemed quite gaga over him. Anyway, the fact he dropped out might mean we are safe from Trumps of the North....hopefully. I was worried at the time though.

By backing, you mean monies or rather votes of confidence (not that I believe these mean anything how ordinary Joe votes). Who exactly?

He actually had some semi serious backing though. I know our local cons association seemed quite gaga over him. Anyway, the fact he dropped out might mean we are safe from Trumps of the North....hopefully. I was worried at the time though.

He's throwing a fundraiser soon to try to pay off his remaining 500K campaign debt. He is only allowed to toss 20K in. I wonder if he has the fundraising capacity to pay that off and take a run at another campaign at the same time.

By backing, you mean monies or rather votes of confidence (not that I believe these mean anything how ordinary Joe votes). Who exactly?

He was taken as a serious candidate among the right leaning here. Packed a hall in Kingston when he came out to talk.

Maybe you should apply quickly, because they will take anyone decent, I hear .... :)

I would but I can't meet this criteria :p. I think PCs are boned for this election, I'd be shocked if they turned it around. I was thinking 4 years from now maybe they'll be able to rehab their image and appear to have become more progressive by taking a hard stance on the Brown thing. We'll see how it goes I guess...

He was taken as a serious candidate among the right leaning here. Packed a hall in Kingston when he came out to talk.

But that means exactly nothing from federal voter elect-ability ... no pun intended against Kingston. He's a populist who loves to talk big, like Trump. Packing a town hall is easy, winning an election is not. Not even for Trump in the US s you could see (needed help of big gerrymandering in key states to pull that off).

Wynne is totally gonna win it. Not because she's good, but probably because the PC had leaders with poorly hidden skeletons in their closets, and the guy stepping up the plate is the brother of Toronto's famous crack head mayor.

Also what's with all the women hating? Brown was pushed aside by his own party, not Wynne or a bunch of crazies from York U. He got caught up in a scandal and unlike Teflon Don down south, he couldn't shake it off. This is political Darwinism, someone will replace him. He wasn't some sort of PC messiah. This kind of public purge may even end up being good for the PCs in the long run; in time, it has the potential to remove the moral superiority argument for the liberals.

It goes back to beta male victim mentality. Sure there is a risk that anyone can come out and falsely claim they were sexually assaulted and anyone be the victim of that BUT in this case....

His inner circle threw him under the bus immediately, so either they knew he was guilty or it was a Coup D'etat (those are the only logical explanations). But some keep crying that he is a beta male victim, I guess to deflect the responsibility of selecting him???

If it was some sort of Liberal conspiracy and/or they just did not know his inner circle and the party would have rallied around him, at least for a couple of days (even minutes...) before stabbing him in the back. The knives were in him before he even got to the podium--that tells us volumes. If he was innocent they sure wanted to make him look as guilty as possible.

He's throwing a fundraiser soon to try to pay off his remaining 500K campaign debt. He is only allowed to toss 20K in. I wonder if he has the fundraising capacity to pay that off and take a run at another campaign at the same time.

How is that for fiscal responsibility.... spending more than revenue, must be a Liberal (or maybe just another Stephen Harper).

Last edited:
But that means exactly nothing from federal voter elect-ability ... no pun intended against Kingston. He's a populist who loves to talk big, like Trump. Packing a town hall is easy, winning an election is not. Not even for Trump in the US s you could see (needed help of big gerrymandering in key states to pull that off).

Some would argue that populism is only how trump got in.

Back
Top Bottom