I crashed!! | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

I crashed!!

This almost happened to me on the 401 a year ago.

I was following a car with traffic flowing as normal. I turn my head to check my blind spot and as soon as I turn back around, the car in front of me is braking for no reason. Naturally, it was all panic grab of the front brake and had the biggest wobble of my life.

This almost happened to me on the 401 a year ago.

I was following a car with traffic flowing as normal. I turn my head to check my blind spot and as soon as I turn back around, the car in front of me is braking for no reason. Naturally, it was all panic grab of the front brake and had the biggest wobble of my life.

Geeze, I'm glad you didn't take a spill on the 401.

You think you know how to ride properly only to find out how much of a newb you really are still. :angry2:

I've been riding for thirty years, still learning.

Glad you're okay.

Glad you are okay. Money comes and goes, friendship lasts a lifetime. Find a solution that works for your buddy.

Any crash that you can talk about is a good crash.

Loud pipes save lives? Sounds like the other guy's loud pipe triggered the events. You get 2-3 bikes like this together and you basically just generate noise that makes you deaf to everything.

Practice panic braking...another great myth, you can practice all you want, and 1 in 10 times you may engage your brain properly. With ABS, you can be a complete MotoGP professional or have a panic grab, and you will still stop the bike as fast as possible without locking either way. This is why superbike schools have switched to ABS bikes and the crash numbers have plummeted.

It's great you had gear on This weekend I drove back from Mosport across the city and counted close to 30 SS 600s on the 401, mostly CBRs and R6s. None of the riders had gear on. Not one. Shorts, t-shirts, and a lot of sandals. Idiots.

The one thing to realize about crashes is that ANYONE can crash due to error. Here's the best motorcycle rider in the world since Agostini, and he landed on his head downshifting to third by mistake Saturday.

12397thrd-art.JPG

If all you got out of this was loud pipes save lives, you should do a Superbike course.

I said many times on this forum get yourself familiar on unfamiliar bikes first then rip, I go through many different bikes in a season they all behave different with or without abs it's all about confidence.

Sorry to hear bro. I never wish this on anyone cause I did crash at 80km on my first bike and it hurt.

I am not sure how this sounds to people, but I be happy to put something together to collect as much money for you with the support of all riders. Anything can help and yes i mean anything. Some people may say why, but I cant imagine being in Raven's position.

If so, find out if the bike is fixable and how much it will cost.

Any ideas guys and do you support this idea?

Thanks

Sorry to hear bro. I never wish this on anyone cause I did crash at 80km on my first bike and it hurt.

I am not sure how this sounds to people, but I be happy to put something together to collect as much money for you with the support of all riders. Anything can help and yes i mean anything. Some people may say why, but I cant imagine being in Raven's position.

Thanks

The community did this in the past to help someone and it turned out very poorly. I am not saying that Raven deserves to be dragged down by ********, but people still remember. (Basically someone made up a story, others helped financially and person turned out to be a lying bike thief).

It is commendable that you want to help, but don't be surprised if you don't get much action.

Glad to hear you walked away Raven, it could have been much worse. Telling your story is a brave thing to do as people don't like to admit when they have f'd up and maybe this will help someone else avoid a similar situation.

Any crash that you can talk about is a good crash.

Loud pipes save lives? Sounds like the other guy's loud pipe triggered the events. You get 2-3 bikes like this together and you basically just generate noise that makes you deaf to everything.

Practice panic braking...another great myth, you can practice all you want, and 1 in 10 times you may engage your brain properly. With ABS, you can be a complete MotoGP professional or have a panic grab, and you will still stop the bike as fast as possible without locking either way. This is why superbike schools have switched to ABS bikes and the crash numbers have plummeted.

It's great you had gear on This weekend I drove back from Mosport across the city and counted close to 30 SS 600s on the 401, mostly CBRs and R6s. None of the riders had gear on. Not one. Shorts, t-shirts, and a lot of sandals. Idiots.

The one thing to realize about crashes is that ANYONE can crash due to error. Here's the best motorcycle rider in the world since Agostini, and he landed on his head downshifting to third by mistake Saturday.

12397thrd-art.JPG

If all you got out of this was loud pipes save lives, you should do a Superbike course.

"Practice panic braking...another great myth, you can practice all you want, and 1 in 10 times you may engage your brain properly."

Are you saying practicing braking is a myth? What are you trying to say? If your saying practice does nothing, that's quite a steaming pile of poop. There is a reason why people practice things, it turns into muscle memory. ABS is good, there is no doubt about that... but properly knowing how to use your motorcycle brakes goes a long way... Especially when many motorcycles do not have ABS. I have a brand new FZ-09, does not have ABS.

I'd be willing to bet most people don't stop as fast as they think they can. Quickly stopping can be really unnerving. Like anything, riding is a skill.... and can be improved upon.

Thanks

Thanks for your concerns. I really appreciate what you just said, but I could never in a million years take handouts from strangers for helping me out for some mistake I made. I will deal with this and fix it and learn from it :D and hopfully move on with some important lessons.
If I got support from everyone to help me fix this problem, I would never learn from it.

You're too kind, While I do think the world needs more people like you, there's also equal amount of people looking out to take advantage of your kindness lol.

I thank you for your kindness and your post really gave me them feels. LOL
Thanks bro!
Why_cant_i_hold_all_these_feels.png

Today... I crashed a bike.

So Fcking ****** at my self!

My buddy and I swapped bikes for the ride home from where we rode out to, and on the way back... made a mistake and paid a price for it.

His bike has oem exhaust and its pretty quiet and my bike has a full exhaust loud as hell and I was following behind him, he starts to rip it and I started to follow him and I couldnt tell what rpm band I was in, so I looked down... BAD MISTAKE! a split second later I get my sights back on the road and sure enuff I was about to rear end him. Instinct got me to slam the brakes and I lost control and crashed going about 70-80km/h

I slid for a bit and rolled maybe once or twice, and looks like I got up with just a bruised knee and hip. WEAR YOUR GEAR GUYS!

My gear:
Dainese kevlar jeans = a couple of small tiny rips, still good.

A Stars textile jacket = a few small melted off pieces of material, I could probly wear it still but going to replace it to be safe.

A Stars gloves = top carbon fiber knuckle part is scraped but not badly damaged.

TCX riding shoes = scuffed up on the toe part but still held up. Still good I think.

Shoei rf100 = No damage that I can see, But I'm almost certain I hit my head at least twice.

Lesson learned here = Dont ever look down to see your rpm and dont ever ride in the same tire track as the person in front of you, oh and also dont ever ride anyone elses bike. This could have been avoided if I was in the correct tire track and if I didnt look at my rpm. Stupid mistakes!

Either I pay for repairs or maybe have to buy him a new bike. Dammit!!!

Dude I'm glad your okay but don't forget speed was also a factor here and a bike you were not familiar with. Heal up quick and ride on :)

I put this thru a special filter and all I got was the smell of bacon bread. OP stated he didn't know what the engine was doing because he couldn't hear it, so he looked down at the tach, you know, like a WSB rider would:rolleyes: I heard they ride in packs too, need to confirm tho.

Geeze, I'm glad you didn't take a spill on the 401.

As everyone else has mentioned, it's good that you're ok and you managed to walk away from it. The bike can be fixed. Any crash you walk away from is a lesson learned and a good one at that. It's a good thing you were wearing your gear. I'm sure you'll be wearing it at all times from now on.

I've been riding for thirty years, still learning.

Glad you're okay.

Really? Haven't peaked yet? Reminds me of the 70yr. old shooter "I've been shooting for 60 years and every time I come to the range I aim to improve" Freddie Spencer shoulda stuck with it, he'd be killing MM right now.

Back
Top Bottom