I crashed!! | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

I crashed!!

I should have been doing my stop practices, loud pipes do save lifes, good thing you didnt crash lol.

On the bright side, you will not be raped by insurance and you learned a valuable life lesson.

Who know's, with all the practice (you will be doing) you may have prevented a much worse accident down the road :)

The fact that it's you writing about your accident and not someone else on your behalf is comforting in a way. What an amazing learning experience. You are one lucky s.o.b.

Glad you're all right.

Thanks for making me feel less like a dbag about myself :)

I just felt obligated to post in this forum about what happend. Hope y'all can learn from my dumb mistakes. Even better, I hope y'all dont even need to read about my mistake to know better for your self to not make any lol.

Thats crazy man good thing your ok tho, good to know that safety gear works as good as it did. Be safe gws

Today... I crashed a bike.

So Fcking ****** at my self!

My buddy and I swapped bikes for the ride home from where we rode out to, and on the way back... made a mistake and paid a price for it.

His bike has oem exhaust and its pretty quiet and my bike has a full exhaust loud as hell and I was following behind him, he starts to rip it and I started to follow him and I couldnt tell what rpm band I was in, so I looked down... BAD MISTAKE! a split second later I get my sights back on the road and sure enuff I was about to rear end him. Instinct got me to slam the brakes and I lost control and crashed going about 70-80km/h

I slid for a bit and rolled maybe once or twice, and looks like I got up with just a bruised knee and hip. WEAR YOUR GEAR GUYS!

My gear:
Dainese kevlar jeans = a couple of small tiny rips, still good.

A Stars textile jacket = a few small melted off pieces of material, I could probly wear it still but going to replace it to be safe.

A Stars gloves = top carbon fiber knuckle part is scraped but not badly damaged.

TCX riding shoes = scuffed up on the toe part but still held up. Still good I think.

Shoei rf100 = No damage that I can see, But I'm almost certain I hit my head at least twice.

Lesson learned here = Dont ever look down to see your rpm and dont ever ride in the same tire track as the person in front of you, oh and also dont ever ride anyone elses bike. This could have been avoided if I was in the correct tire track and if I didnt look at my rpm. Stupid mistakes!

Either I pay for repairs or maybe have to buy him a new bike. Dammit!!!

1. I am very very glad you are okay!

2. The lesson learned are not any of the ones you listed.

3. You were going too fast and or too close OR just too fast for your reaction time.

"If i was educated, I'd be a damn fool"

1. I am very very glad you are okay!

2. The lesson learned are not any of the ones you listed.

3. You were going too fast and or too close OR just too fast for your reaction time.

"If i was educated, I'd be a damn fool"

Your right, now that I had more time to analyze the accident, It was entirely due to the fact I was too close and reacted too slow. Poor judgement

Yah, my buddy did the same thing on the 401. Sounds like you need a bike with ABS ;) But I practice hard braking pretty much every time I go out. Being able to stop fast safely is an invaluable skill.

Yah, my buddy did the same thing on the 401. Sounds like you need a bike with ABS ;) But I practice hard braking pretty much every time I go out. Being able to stop fast safely is an invaluable skill.

Holy crap, on the 401?! Is he alright?!

I'm really starting to realize practice of hard braking is key.

Echo what everyone else said, good thing you were wearing your gear and glad to hear nobody got hurt!

This almost happened to me in my car today. I'm in the passing lane (when I totally forgot this is Canada and these idiots on the road don't know how to use this lane) I look to my blindspot for a quick sec and this guy in front of me is at a complete stop. I panic braked in my cage and locked the wheel since it has no abs. Good thing I didn't ride my bike to work that day.

Glad you are all right. Could have happened to anyone of us when taking that split second to check a blindspot, check your cluster, observe a potential hazard from the side of the road etc etc.

its a lesson. it only cost you money and not health. right now it will seem expensive lesson but in the long run when you look back at it, it will be a cheap lesson. learn everything you can about what went wrong and make sure you don't repeat the same mistakes. good luck!

You learn from situations like this so that the next time in a similar situation you will react or handle differently. Experience is your best friend here. There are 2 things I have learned over the years which I can suggest.

1.) Work on your peripheral vision, it's important to have a big picture of whats going on.
2.) When I'm following someone, I tend to keep 1 or 2 fingers resting on the brake lever at all times.

In fact I pretty much keep a finger on the brake lever at all times and when I brake, the word "squeeze" pops up in my head, this was learned by repeated track time.

Glad your ok, and don't beat yourself up.

Bikes can be fixed, lives can't, call it a lesson. Unfortunately, experience is a harsh teacher. At least your doing the right thing and fixing for what you broke. Strongly consider doing the racer5 course or a few trackdays. You will learn how to brake in a controlled environment, with appropriate medical staff and no one coming the other way if it goes wrong. No coolant, gravel, or other crap laying around either. The nice part is, skill is an investment you take with you even when you change bikes. Even if you never plan to race, you will learn more in 1 track day than a season of street riding. Confidence and control are a good investment.

Sorry to hear but the important thing is that you're ok. Look on the bright side, at least it wasn't pine cones...

How does the saying go? Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

"...was following behind him, he starts to rip it and I started to follow him and I couldnt tell what rpm band I was in..."

That was bad judgement. How many riders have crashed trying to keep up with someone? On an unfamiliar bike this time. Glad you aren't hurt. If you have lucky stars somewhere, thank them.

Avoid posting critical clues the government/insurance might use to get involved--you mention your previous bike, current bike, friend's bike, protective gear selection (with identifying damage) and rough timeframe of the incident. Someone may have seen something and reported it. Not sure if GTAM would resist the demands of police for your contact info.

Maybe a bit paranoid, but LEO already use Facebook as evidence to connect the dots. Good luck, Mr. R. Six.

How does the saying go? Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

"...was following behind him, he starts to rip it and I started to follow him and I couldnt tell what rpm band I was in..."

That was bad judgement. How many riders have crashed trying to keep up with someone? On an unfamiliar bike this time. Glad you aren't hurt. If you have lucky stars somewhere, thank them.

Avoid posting critical clues the government/insurance might use to get involved--you mention your previous bike, current bike, friend's bike, protective gear selection (with identifying damage) and rough timeframe of the incident. Someone may have seen something and reported it. Not sure if GTAM would resist the demands of police for your contact info.

Maybe a bit paranoid, but LEO already use Facebook as evidence to connect the dots. Good luck, Mr. R. Six.

Very best advice above.....

Well ok folks let's put our helmets on as this will require the removal of the tin foil caps..LOL The police have no interest in "looking into this". They have enough to do then create more work for themselves given that no location was given a Toronto copper isn't going to "start an investigation" on an accident that could have happened ANYWHERE including the US.

Insurer "may" be slightly interested, But they would have no authority to seek identifiers from GTAM and the police aren't going to go get a warrant so, an insurance investigator can "investigate" They "MIGHT" care a bit more if there was blantant fraud involved. IE OP said he had a single bike crash but he needed new exhaust for his bike so they were going thru insurance saying it was a rear end, and that they knew someone who knew someone, who would hep them get rehab paid for and split the rehab payments with the provider for cash.

Back
Top Bottom