I crashed!! | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

I crashed!!

You learn from situations like this so that the next time in a similar situation you will react or handle differently. Experience is your best friend here. There are 2 things I have learned over the years which I can suggest.

1.) Work on your peripheral vision, it's important to have a big picture of whats going on.
2.) When I'm following someone, I tend to keep 1 or 2 fingers resting on the brake lever at all times.

In fact I pretty much keep a finger on the brake lever at all times and when I brake, the word "SQUEEZE" pops up in my head, this was learned by repeated track time.

Glad your ok, and don't beat yourself up.

I uppercased that word for emphasis. Squeeze. I haven't had any close calls (yet) but will definitely start saying that out loud when I brake.

Thanks for that tip.

And to OP, glad to hear that you're okay.

Glad you're alright! Nice to hear those tcx shoes did the trick in this case. I've been interested in them.

Last edited:
Good to know no one was hurt.

In a different topic, I remember the first time I went to FAST Riding School, Michel Mercier made everybody put tape over the controls (RPM and speed). "There is no reason to look down". I wonder if they still do that.

Thanks for the comforting words everyone. Makes me feel a little better.

Performance riding course is definitely on my mind now, You think you know how to ride properly only to find out how much of a newb you really are still. :angry2:

I'm glad your gear did its job and you're ok.

I'm extremely careful when riding new bikes. My buddy let me take his BMW GS650 for a boot a number of years ago (I had a CBR600 F2 at the time) I wasn't expecting as much torque from the bike and I wheelied the crap out of it in 2nd gear by mistake. No helmet, no gear... I was 21 and thought I was an experienced rider cause I had been on a 600 for 6 months lol. Aaah to be young and invincible. Thank God I didn't crash. I'd still be paying for his bike...

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

I'm glad your gear did its job and you're ok.

I'm extremely careful when riding new bikes. My buddy let me take his BMW GS650 for a boot a number of years ago (I had a CBR600 F2 at the time) I wasn't expecting as much torque from the bike and I wheelied the crap out of it in 2nd gear by mistake. No helmet, no gear... I was 21 and thought I was an experienced rider cause I had been on a 600 for 6 months lol. Aaah to be young and invincible. Thank God I didn't crash. I'd still be paying for his bike...

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Yah, I learned my lessson the hard way! glad your story had a good ending to it.

wow sorry to hear OP, GWS. Did your friend get back to you on how much it'll cost to fix it?

wow sorry to hear OP, GWS. Did your friend get back to you on how much it'll cost to fix it?

Thanks. But nothing to be sorry for me about, It was all my fault. He's gona bring it to some shop this week to see.

You actually did well, or were very lucky to not have rear ended him. Target fixation.
Great advice has already been posted and it sure seems you are willing to take it in. Your mistake is very common, and that and other small brain farts happen to all of us, they just usually don't result in an off but more of an "Oh ****!" moment.
You will be very glad that you analyzed what happened and worked to be a better rider. Congrats on the gear decision, glad you're ok.

You actually did well, or were very lucky to not have rear ended him. Target fixation.
Great advice has already been posted and it sure seems you are willing to take it in. Your mistake is very common, and that and other small brain farts happen to all of us, they just usually don't result in an off but more of an "Oh ****!" moment.
You will be very glad that you analyzed what happened and worked to be a better rider. Congrats on the gear decision, glad you're ok.

Thanks. I dont think I'm gona do normal riding for a while. Once I get back on my bike I'm going to practice everything. Funny thing is, yesterday I was going to ride without my jacket. I'm so glad I ended up wearing it!

Back
Top Bottom