Honda Shadow Riders | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Honda Shadow Riders

I'm new to the site and looking into buying a Honda shadow phantom.i'am looking for advice on the bike good or bad, I don't wanna buy a bad bike and would like some insight from actually riders. Thanks

Check out Hondashadow.net

Lot's of review and infos on the Shadows.

There's a video on youtube comparing it to the HD Sportser.

Has to be a 2000-2004, all the other years are a shaft drive and you can't add a tire/rim that size to it.

Hey guys.Got my new bags.

IMG-20120831-01131.jpg

IMG-20120831-01129.jpg

IMG-20120831-01128.jpg

Hey Folks

Late to the Shadow party. Just picked up an 08 Shadow. Would be interested in a Shadow Ride if just to see how everyone has upgraded theirs and to figure out how to ride it without looking like a chump. 30 years of sport bikes made for an intersting first ride . Still can't find the floorboards most of the time. Anyway will keep my eyes open for a semi organized ride.

Cheers

Hammie

Hey Folks

Late to the Shadow party. Just picked up an 08 Shadow. Would be interested in a Shadow Ride if just to see how everyone has upgraded theirs and to figure out how to ride it without looking like a chump. 30 years of sport bikes made for an intersting first ride . Still can't find the floorboards most of the time. Anyway will keep my eyes open for a semi organized ride.

Cheers

Hammie
Couple of us get together at Vaughan Bike Night on Mondays and Leslie and Lakeshore on Thursdays. If your out in Brampton you could probably make it out to Monday Nights, although the season is winding down and it will probaly stop any week now.
Maybe we could set up a Shadow Fall Colour ride?

sweet ride! and that must've been you ripping thru pacific mall parking lot on saturday (15th) late afternoon! lol

Hey guys.Got my new bags.

IMG-20120831-01131.jpg

IMG-20120831-01129.jpg

IMG-20120831-01128.jpg

sweet ride! and that must've been you ripping thru pacific mall parking lot on saturday (15th) late afternoon! lol

Yes that was me. LOL Were you the one with the gixxer or 250r?

no... i've got a shadow myself... but wasn't riding that time... was just leaving the place when you ripped by... lol

Yes that was me. LOL Were you the one with the gixxer or 250r?

I was at the motorcycle show today and fell in love with the phantom 750. It is going to be my first bike and was just wondering if anybody knows what year did they start making the phantom specifically? I'd prefer a used one over brand new and would like to know what I could expect to buy one for. Thanks for the help.

Not too sure but I don't recall seeing it in dealers prior to 2009. I believe the phantom is an aesthetic trim based on prior shadow 750 tech.
I have a 1998 Shadow 1100 A.C.E T. I went from an 09 600rr to the shadow and love it. Obviously not a sport bike but i do love the ground clearance, quality and custom look. It also handles way better than the other big bikes I've tried. I am selling mine if any 750 owners whant to move up.

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-veh...choppers-1998-Honda-Shadow-W0QQAdIdZ443847472

Not too sure but I don't recall seeing it in dealers prior to 2009. I believe the phantom is an aesthetic trim based on prior shadow 750 tech.
I have a 1998 Shadow 1100 A.C.E T. I went from an 09 600rr to the shadow and love it. Obviously not a sport bike but i do love the ground clearance, quality and custom look. It also handles way better than the other big bikes I've tried. I am selling mine if any 750 owners whant to move up.

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-veh...choppers-1998-Honda-Shadow-W0QQAdIdZ443847472

Do what I did....keep em both:p

I have an 07 spirit C2 and an 09 ZX-6R...so i ride what I'm in the mood for :glasses7:

Nice looking bike, i like the mods and look to do the same with mine too. Question - another mod on my wishlist is to go with a wider rear tire, i know they do these conversions and sell kits for them in the US but they can be very pricey. looking at some other shadow forums there's a vtx mod possibly where you use the vtx rim which is wider alongside the stock hub and relace, this would accomodate up to a 200 size rubber without swingarm modification. i like this route but want a 'taller' rear rim (ie. 17") so my sidewall has a lower profile look.

Anyhow - that's the plan, the challenge is i can't find anywhere that has done it to pick their brain or place that can do it. Any suggestions? thanks!

I was at the motorcycle show today and fell in love with the phantom 750. It is going to be my first bike and was just wondering if anybody knows what year did they start making the phantom specifically? I'd prefer a used one over brand new and would like to know what I could expect to buy one for. Thanks for the help.

I have a phantom. Love it.
Phantom was first produced in 2010, and was only available in Glossy Black.
2012 they changed the colour to Matt black. everything else has remained the same.

It's the bike i started on, and this year bought a SS but still kept the Phantom.

Only one complaint about the bike, the seat. after 45 min the seat really starts to bug me around the tailbone area... and most other shadow riders i've spoken to have the same problem with the Factory Seat.

Back
Top Bottom