Holy F***ing snow | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Holy F***ing snow

Sunday should be fun on my Ossa in Woodstock.Forecast calls for 9c.Worn out Michelin "x-lites" on the Ossa,but new Yokohama's on my Taco.Gonna be fun.

Last edited:
No point, everyone is gargling tirerack's koolaid. I am with you, all seasons are nearly as good. I buy them because I like to get retarded when it snows. Getting first tracks in vermont after a storm is hard if you live in ON ;)

Here's an INDEPENDENT test from University of Fairbanks, Alaska. I found it while researching studs. They were using blizzaks for winter wires. The results are almost sad. I realize the tests are from 1994 and winter tires improved since then, but it's fair to assume the all seasons improved too.

33thwf4.jpg

2ho9vdf.jpg

2wguedc.jpg

[video=youtube;JGfvyPtYR0Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGfvyPtYR0Y[/video]

Independent NOT

Lol at their "revolutionizing tire buying since 1979" Like convincing grandmas they need winter tires on their buicks for sunday shopping. Or convincing people they need winter tires in 2KM/h bumper to bumper traffic in TO.

Last edited:
Last one, if you don't get it by now there's no hope ;)

[video=youtube;clSC7APitaQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clSC7APitaQ[/video]

^ Video made by bridgestone europe... next?

This is like TO squid that NEED hypersport tires for those 3"of thread they use.

Continental video... do you understand INDEPENDENT study? I'm sure sellers and manufacturers are totally impartial.

Just to clarify, I am arguing the merits of winter tires on dry winter roads. which is most of the winter in the GTA. The rest of the time when it snows I can ride my motorcycle at the speeds the streets and highway move.

^ Video made by bridgestone europe... next?

This is like TO squid that NEED hypersport tires for those 3"of thread they use.

Continental video... do you understand INDEPENDENT study? I'm sure sellers and manufacturers are totally impartial.

Just to clarify, I am arguing the merits of winter tires on dry winter roads. which is most of the winter in the GTA. The rest of the time when it snows I can ride my motorcycle at the speeds the streets and highway move.

So you're telling me that the videos are not true because they are made by bridgestone, continental, or tire rack?

What if i make a video myself with the same car, one with all seasons, and the other with winter tires? The results will be the same since i've experienced them myself, just curious as to what your excuse will be then?

Last one, if you don't get it by now there's no hope ;)

[video=youtube;clSC7APitaQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clSC7APitaQ[/video]
That's marketing. Put some numbers on screen and some science-y graphics and pass it off as a actual test result. And in the last seconds, which tire will save the busload of kids? Wow, such rigorous objectivity, thanks Continental! Now where can I buy your child-saving tires?

So you're telling me that the videos are not true because they are made by bridgestone, continental, or tire rack?

What if i make a video myself with the same car, one with all seasons, and the other with winter tires? The results will be the same since i've experienced them myself, just curious as to what your excuse will be then?
Same car, same conditions, new tires, go ahead. Keep an open mind though, you might not like the result on cold, dry roads.

Yes, everyone these days wants to sell you more and more.

Give it a try. But I will take it with a grain of salt. People claim they can feel their car is more powerful after an oil change. After spending close to $1000 everyone will brag how well winter tires grip, without an without any objective data... other than denial.

There's way too many factors that could introduce error in the test. The speed at which you press the brake is one uncontrollable variable that can affect results.

Sounds like a religious experience.

Same car, same conditions, new tires, go ahead. Keep an open mind though, you might not like the result on cold, dry roads.

I love it when people spew out myths like they're facts.

A winter tire grips better on dry cold pavement vs an all season tire. If you watched that last video you'd understand why.

But this is the internet where everyone is an expert so i have a suggestion.

I drive my wife's car equipped with brand new winter tires, you drive my buddies car equipped with brand new all seasons. Both cars are identical, make, model, **** even color lol

We do a test on ice, snow and dry cold pavement.

Winner takes $1000 cash, loser deletes their profile off here. Daught if you want in on this i'll take your 1k as well...

I love it when people spew out myths like they're facts.

A winter tire grips better on dry cold pavement vs an all season tire. If you watched that last video you'd understand why.

But this is the internet where everyone is an expert so i have a suggestion.

I drive my wife's car equipped with brand new winter tires, you drive my buddies car equipped with brand new all seasons. Both cars are identical, make, model, **** even color lol

We do a test on ice, snow and dry cold pavement.

Winner takes $1000 cash, loser deletes their profile off here. Daught if you want in on this i'll take your 1k as well...

I take uni of alaska as the expert here. I have yet to find another independent test that compares all seasons to winters on dry winter roads.

So you have blizzaks and your buddy has nexen? Do they have the same rotors pads? KM? How do you even propose we do this test?

Where do all-weather tires fit into the mix? Best of both worlds or more marketing hype?

I take uni of alaska as the expert here. I have yet to find another independent test that compares all seasons to winters on dry winter roads.

So you have blizzaks and your buddy has nexen? Do they have the same rotors pads? KM? How do you even propose we do this test?

No my buddy has michelin all seasons, hardly in the same class as nexen. I on the other hand have ****** cheap general altimax arctic.

We go to a big *** parking lot, drive side by side, hit the brakes when we reach a set of cones and see which car stops faster.

Same oem rotors and oem pads.

Hell for $1000 i'll change out the rims on the cars just so you can't say the results are somehow rigged lol

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom