Holy F***ing snow | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Holy F***ing snow

Flying with ITAR/controlled goods and several hundred pounds of tools and test equipment is difficult.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MBAviationImagesMirjaHahnAirportRwyTwoOneZwei-edit-thumb-450x302-44529.jpg

Buffalo will be under water when it warms up this weekend.

Airplanes aren't allowed on the 401. Jeez, talk about Dawrin Awards.

Neither is half the crap people do with cars. I'm sure you'd blend in just fine as most drivers would be too busy on their phones to notice you. Just make sure you have good all season tires installed. Ain't nobody got time for winters :D

80% worn all season tires, no problem. Should really rotate them to get the better grip up front, but there's no need yet.

If this much snow makes your car paralyzed in all season tires, then something else is the problem.

agreed. I drove in balding all seasons during our heavy winter last year on my lowered civic si. I had no issues. I don't understand how people are all of a sudden debilitated when a bit of snow hits. The only issue i've ever had in the snow was when I got caught in a blizzard in my civic, with 18's on summer tires.

BUT, I must say, I got winter tires for the first time ever last night, and got 'em installed on my Jetta. It's definitely a nice-to-have. Better stopping power, and better off the line (which helps with my Jetta's no TCS button switch debacle). It can be a detriment to some of these drivers though as it gives you a false sense of security, and some get overly aggressive.

agreed. I drove in balding all seasons during our heavy winter last year on my lowered civic si. I had no issues. I don't understand how people are all of a sudden debilitated when a bit of snow hits. The only issue i've ever had in the snow was when I got caught in a blizzard in my civic, with 18's on summer tires.

BUT, I must say, I got winter tires for the first time ever last night, and got 'em installed on my Jetta. It's definitely a nice-to-have. Better stopping power, and better off the line (which helps with my Jetta's no TCS button switch debacle). It can be a detriment to some of these drivers though as it gives you a false sense of security, and some get overly aggressive.
You remind me of the dude last night in a bmw 5 series with performance tires. Driving slow slow slow. Dawrin will show him

A lady behind me was on her SUV, driving 5 inches from my bumper when traffic is slow. She keeps looking at her cell phone... I was just waiting for the impact on my rear end...

As soon as it opens up, I took off like crazy, really great traction and grip with the new Blizzaks... she is like half a block behind me, driving pretty slow... when we slowed down again, she catches up with me and keeps doing the same, following too close...

Why do people drive like that?

Buffalo will be under water when it warms up this weekend.

+1 If the temperature goes to +1 or higher the snow will melt.

Who is this Dawrin you speak of?

It's the famous Darwin everybody associates with hunched over knuckledraggers. I misspelled it to give it that ironic pop you hipsters love so much.

You remind me of the dude last night in a bmw 5 series with performance tires. Driving slow slow slow. Dawrin will show him

Not a very good assumption. With my civic on the terrible stock HX MXM4 tires, I was still flying by people. Go figure.

I just think alot of drivers don't have a good concept of how much grip they have behind the wheel. Snow tires or no snow tires.

And no offense but a lot of people think they're gods gift to driving which makes them ten times as dangerous. That wasn't directed at you. It was a generalization. I see it all the time. Look at me look at me.... it's like a ticking time bomb

And no offense but a lot of people think they're gods gift to driving which makes them ten times as dangerous. That wasn't directed at you. It was a generalization. I see it all the time. Look at me look at me.... it's like a ticking time bomb
I am god's gift to driving

I don't remember when last time someone passing me upset me ... but it's always the people who shouldn't drive in winter (because they can barely drive when it rains ...) driving so slow, that it's almost to the point of stalling going through a turn. I think they somewhere deep down believe that the car can flip on its roof, or that they will do 360 the moment they start turning .... unbelievably frustrating. It's an art to stay calm ... LOL

Back
Top Bottom