Highway 9 again... Our own beloved Liz Metcalfe - Lost but never forgotten | Page 9 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Highway 9 again... Our own beloved Liz Metcalfe - Lost but never forgotten

Arrival ride and procession details are finalized:

We are meeting here to head to the funeral home:

Time: 12:30pm
Where: 5243 Steeles Ave. W (parking lot of Kahuna Powersports)

THE OFFICIAL PROCESSION WILL BE AFTER THE FUNERAL AS WE FOLLOW LIZ FROM THE FUNERAL HOME TO THE CEMETERY
See everyone at Kahuna at 12:30!

-Jamie M.

OMG, that feels so close to home. I've never spoken to her but I've seen her around several times.

Bless your heart!!!

r.i.p. liz and gws to the others

RIP Liz. Although I've never met her in person and only communicate with her on this site, I can feel her passion about motorcycle riding and reach out to members in our community. It's so sad to hear that we have lost another one of our own.

Rip

Last edited:
Hi Liz,

While I'm not looking forward to our final group ride this afternoon, I am honoured to be a part of it. You are leaving a huge hole in the motorcycle community but you know what ... you left a bigger legacy behind. As I was looking through everyone's photos, a clear pattern emerged. 1) Your smile which showed your love for life 2) Most of the photos were you helping out with some charity or awareness campaign which shows the size of your heart. I'm sad to see you go, but am blessed for knowing you. I'll see you in a few years when it's my time to go to sleep and not wake up.

Sigh...today was especially difficult for me but it was a great day for Liz's final group ride. I was happy to see how many riders came out and I know scheduling was an issue for many who were unable to attend. Please stay tuned for details of her upcoming memorial event. It's very much in the works.

Sigh...today was especially difficult for me but it was a great day for Liz's final group ride.
I was also blown away by that final group ride with Liz. It was hard to hold it together when Elane and Goldie spoke, especially when Goldie talked about how close we came to losing her.

*group hugs*

-Jamie M.
(P.S. I've never been to a Jewish funeral and was very impressed with everything about it.)

From what you've all said on this thread, it is my loss for not having a chance to get to know Liz in person. R.I.P...

It was a wonderful service and farewell, and I want to thank all those in the community who came together in friendship and support in this time of sorrow.

These pictures were taken on the ride to the funeral home, and afterwards, the procession to her place of internment, the Pardes Chaim cemetery.

P1300456.JPG

P1300483.JPG

P1300496.JPG

P1300497.JPG

P1300501.JPG

P1300494.JPG

EnglishJ and Animal played sweep for Lizards last ride.

P1300547.JPG

The Southern Cruisers brought up the rear.

P1300584.JPG

P1300601.JPG

P1300611.JPG

And last, the wake:

P1300625.JPG

There are more pictures available in my blog entry here:

http://rottenxxxronnie.blogspot.com/2011/06/wrong-place-at-wrong-time.html

Last edited:
Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Ronnie couldn't get it to embed!
And thank you Southern Cruisers Riding Club, Chapter 383 Toronto Ontario.

Thanks for posting my Video on your forum. Stay Safe.

RIP Liz. never actually met her. but she was an amazing person when i read all the comments by others. am proud to belong to such a loving and supportive community.

Back
Top Bottom