Highway 9 again... Our own beloved Liz Metcalfe - Lost but never forgotten | Page 10 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Highway 9 again... Our own beloved Liz Metcalfe - Lost but never forgotten

I never knew Liz, but this accident disturbs me deeply. Many motorcycle collisions are caused by rider error or inexperience but i see no evidence of any of these things here. Maybe it was her age. Liz was in her 50's like myself. I've heard also that she was obsessed with safety. However, it appears that no amount of prudence could have avoided this tragedy. I noticed that Liz frequented the "Fallen Riders Forum". She was genuinely concerned for the well being of others, but sadly, no one could help her last Sunday afternoon. I can't even imagine the pain that this has caused her friends and family. Her riding partner who witnessed this whole ordeal will need our prayers and support. How do you erase the memory of something so horrible? Be careful out there brothers and sisters. I finish with a quote that I heard some time ago: "A good ride is one from which we return home safely."

I just found out about this today and I felt a deep thump in my chest. My sincere condolences to her family and friends. I don't know if it's appropriate to put it up here but I took a picture of her on her #3 green bike with the same pink mohawk at Aminal's last BBQ. It's picture #118 on my facebook page. You can see that passionate vibe she had for motorcycling just from the picture alone. Wish I could be with all my Toronto and surrounding area friends in support but a piece of my heart will always be with you guys in these heavy times.

I never knew Liz, but this accident disturbs me deeply. Many motorcycle collisions are caused by rider error or inexperience but i see no evidence of any of these things here. Maybe it was her age. Liz was in her 50's like myself. I've heard also that she was obsessed with safety. However, it appears that no amount of prudence could have avoided this tragedy. I noticed that Liz frequented the "Fallen Riders Forum". She was genuinely concerned for the well being of others, but sadly, no one could help her last Sunday afternoon. I can't even imagine the pain that this has caused her friends and family. Her riding partner who witnessed this whole ordeal will need our prayers and support. How do you erase the memory of something so horrible? Be careful out there brothers and sisters. I finish with a quote that I heard some time ago: "A good ride is one from which we return home safely."

+1 thank you Carmen

Memorial Ride - Sunday 26 June 2011

A memorial ride is being planned for Sunday, 26 June 2011. Details are forthcoming, please mark your calendars.

Re: Memorial Ride - Sunday 26 June 2011

I regretfully was unable to attend her funeral but,...will be there for the memorial ride. Keep us posted on GTAM.

Hope the info for the memorial ride is out soon.. it's supposed to be this Sunday if Ronnie's right!

Hope the info for the memorial ride is out soon.. it's supposed to be this Sunday if Ronnie's right!
Thats the only info out yet.

The following information is tentative:Two meets, one east, one west, each riding about two hours through green rural space to a central meet where lunch can be purchased followed by a tribute to Liz. Wobbly is working on the routing as I speak, and we hoper to provide more details as soon as they have been approved. You can expect this to take about five hours from start to finish. The gang are pulling out all the stops to give you and her non-biker friends a tribute in memory of that fantastic lady.We'll keep you in the loop.

10:00am departure time then ride to Lakeside Bistro:

WEST -Tim Hortons 8970 Goreway Drive, Brampton
EAST - Tim Hortons Kennedy Commons (401/Kennedy) 16 William Kitchen Road Scarborough

12:00pm - Lakeside Bistro, 591 The Queensway South, Keswick

The Lakeside Bistro will give us the complete run of the place. They have a capacity of about 300 plus a huge parking lot.

You can participate for as long or as short as you wish, we understand people have busy schedules.

Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=181910491864844

Last edited:
Last edited:
Re: Routing Details

this may be a silly question, but have Tim Hortons, Kennedy Commons, and the OPP been notified about this?

this may be a silly question, but have Tim Hortons, Kennedy Commons, and the OPP been notified about this?

Ask for permission to buy coffee or ride the roads? What will they think of next? :p

Seriously, it's a good question and I'll forward this on to the interested parties.

I'm heading there from High park if anyone wants to ride up with me.

If I hear nothing I am leaving downtown at 9 and heading right there. If you wanna ride with me send me a pm.

Why in the world would you want the OPP to know about this? Ask the BMW Mini club what happened when they informed the OPP about their clubs run up the 400. It was like shooting fish in a barrel. I'll be joining the west ride.

Back
Top Bottom