Harley Davidson 2024 lineup | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Harley Davidson 2024 lineup

I'm just going to put this here:

harley-davidsion-cvo-pan-america-1-1024x671.jpg

$35K CDN

😲

Funny thing is that they'll sell each and every one of them.

There's a sub-culture (super-strata?) of Harley owners who snap up anything stamped with a CVO badge. Most never ride them, but keep them in the garage and just shine them up in the driveway as collector's item, putting as little mileage on them as possible.

Not sure what they're going to make of this one though: no chrome to polish... 🤷‍♂️
And it’s really CVO-lite. No engine upgrade, just the parts catalog and a custom paint job.

Most never ride them, but keep them in the garage and just shine them up in the driveway as collector's item, putting as little mileage on them as possible.

Meanwhile, $700/month payments.

They still depreciate like any other bike though, so "collectors item" is really all they are, as they're certainly not in the "investment" category. To the contrary if you took that $700 a month and invested it you'd actually make a tidy profit

Meanwhile, $700/month payments.

They still depreciate like any other bike though, so "collectors item" is really all they are, as they're certainly not in the "investment" category. To the contrary if you took that $700 a month and invested it you'd actually make a tidy profit

I'm tangentially familiar with the CVO market.

Most of the buyers are pretty well-to-do and they justify their purchase saying that the CVOs hold their resale value better because all the engine mods are baked into the MSRP, whereas the guy who buys and bolts on all the Screamin' Eagle performance parts to his non-CVO after the fact never sees that cash again.

*However*, the flipside is that the higher mileage CVOs tend not to sell well because prospective owners would rather buy an HD engine which hasn't been tuned to the teats with lots of hard miles on the odo. So the CVOs end up either as garage queens or they're valued about the same as a non-CVO bike if it's high mileage.

Catch-22.

Also, you know how there's HD snobbery against metric cruisers and all other brands?

Turns out there's also CVO snobbery towards non-CVO Harleys owners in HOG culture!

Unbelievable. 🙄

OAlso, you know how there's HD snobbery against metric cruisers and all other brands?

Turns out there's also CVO snobbery towards non-CVO Harleys owners in HOG culture!

Unbelievable. 🙄

I've got a few really cool down to earth Harley rider friends, but it doesn't surprise me to hear that there's divisions even in the internal ranks.

Almost bought a PA a few years ago. Wtf was i thinking?

I'm tangentially familiar with the CVO market.

Most of the buyers are pretty well-to-do and they justify their purchase saying that the CVOs hold their resale value better because all the engine mods are baked into the MSRP, whereas the guy who buys and bolts on all the Screamin' Eagle performance parts to his non-CVO after the fact never sees that cash again.

*However*, the flipside is that the higher mileage CVOs tend not to sell well because prospective owners would rather buy an HD engine which hasn't been tuned to the teats with lots of hard miles on the odo. So the CVOs end up either as garage queens or they're valued about the same as a non-CVO bike if it's high mileage.

Catch-22.

Also, you know how there's HD snobbery against metric cruisers and all other brands?

Unbelievable. 🙄
Nope sounds about right. The HD crowd has interesting sub cultures.

It does not matter what you ride, there will always be overly opinioned @ssholes.

I enjoy my Pan America it is a good machine and serves me well.
I like HD, but don't read to much into it, I like Honda, but don't read to much into it, I like KTM, but don't read to much into it. etc.. etc...

Ride what you want, how you want. If people have sh!t to say about it, says a lot more about them then it does about what you ride..

I like HD, but don't read to much into it, I like Honda, but don't read to much into it, I like KTM, but don't read to much into it. etc.. etc...

Ride what you want, how you want. If people have sh!t to say about it, says a lot more about them then it does about what you ride..

Amen. I've owned and ridden Hondas, Kawasakis, Yamahas, and Suzukis. And I couldn't have cared less what anyone else thinks.

I might even have bought a Harley at some point in the past or future, but this whole clique mentality really leaves a bad taste in my mouth. They need to take a lesson from the Metric community and just agree that it's all the same fvckijg wind at the end of the day and the badge on the tank doesn't matter. Like I said, I have a few great Harley riding friends who aren't like that at all, but one only need to pull into a Timmie's on a long trip somewhere on a Metric and park next to a bunch of Harley's to experience the shunning in full force. That's not who I am or who I want to be.

Amen. I've owned and ridden Hondas, Kawasakis, Yamahas, and Suzukis. And I couldn't have cared less what anyone else thinks.

I might even have bought a Harley at some point in the past or future, but this whole clique mentality really leaves a bad taste in my mouth. They need to take a lesson from the Metric community and just agree that it's all the same fvckijg wind at the end of the day and the badge on the tank doesn't matter. Like I said, I have a few great Harley riding friends who aren't like that at all, but one only need to pull into a Timmie's on a long trip somewhere on a Metric and park next to a bunch of Harley's to experience the shunning in full force. That's not who I am or who I want to be.
Meh, I get ya. I tend to ride alone and keep to myself I am my own clique... LOL
But, I would never snub someone that wanted to speak to me or ask me questions etc. That is usually a fun experience.

It’s still getting great reviews.
The reason i was not happy was because of the sales team at the dealer. Zero feedback from the staff after the deposit was made to order the PA. Dates, costs, everything. But the moment i left a message requesting a refund, i got a call back.
What would service have been like?

The reason i was not happy was because of the sales team at the dealer. Zero feedback from the staff after the deposit was made to order the PA. Dates, costs, everything. But the moment i left a message requesting a refund, i got a call back.
You missed out on a great motorcycle, but no real loss if the experience is terrible to get it.
You have also seem to be enjoying your current ride, so in the end they did you a favor.

You missed out on a great motorcycle, but no real loss if the experience is terrible to get it.
You have also seem to be enjoying your current ride, so in the end they did you a favor.
I bought a 1200 Tenere instead and toured a bunch of North America with it. I think it was a good decision.
Yes, I'm really enjoying the Ural.

I remember. Spoked wheels plz!

This thread reminded me of something that popped up on my reddit feed just a few days ago:

I needed my new tire mounted on the rim for my Honda, and the dealer / shop conversation went like this.

Me: I have the wheel and the new tire. Can I bring it in to have the new tire mounted?

Harley Shop Tech: What kind of bike is it?

Me: It's for a Honda, but I'm not sure why that really matters because I'm not bringing in the bike, just the wheel and the new tire to get it mounted.

HST: We only touch Harleys in this shop.

Me: Even for a simple job like mounting a tire?

HST: If you want to get a real bike and come back, you can talk to the reps on the floor. This is a Harley Shop, and we don't touch other bikes.

Me: Nah, I'm good, thanks.

Why the hell would anyone think that would motivate me (or anyone) to buy one of their bikes ... ever?

Edit: I thought the "real bike" stuff was a trope/ meme. I never expected to actually hear that from a company rep.

Edit 2: For the weirdos who keep asking, "Why ask a Harley shop?!?!?!?"

The Harley Shop was the ONLY shop around that was open on a Monday. Given that they

A) know their competitors are closed on Mondays

B) choose their business hours to be the only people working on Mondays

They would know well in advance that anyone trying to mount a tire on a Monday would be calling them. Would they really be surprised that people would need to fix their tires after decades of being open on Mondays when nobody else is?

SMH.

The post is titled, "Why is everything related to Harley Davidson extremely toxic?"

It has 1300 comments. Mostly from people with similar experiences.

This thread reminded me of something that popped up on reddit just a few days ago:

SMH.

The thread is titled, "Why is everything related to Harley Davidson extremely toxic?"

It has 1300 comments.
Interesting, I am sure the OP didn't embellish the post at all...
A HD shop only working on HD's kind of makes sense to me...
Think he was just ****** the other shops were closed on Monday's but didn't complain about that at all..

This thread reminded me of something that popped up on my reddit feed just a few days ago:

SMH.

The post is titled, "Why is everything related to Harley Davidson extremely toxic?"

There's a shop in my neck of the woods that I won't name that's like this. If it's not a Harley it's "jap crap".

It's real.

Interesting, I am sure the OP didn't embellish the post at all...
A HD shop only working on HD's kind of makes sense to me...
Think he was just ****** the other shops were closed on Monday's but didn't complain about that at all..

You should go read that thread. I saw it there myself a few days ago. The first comment about the Buell tells you everything you need to know about the mentality of some Harley shops where if it doesn't say "Harley Davidson" on the tank it's **** that doesn't deserve to come in the door. The irony.

This is a seriously real thing. The comments are enlightening and while I don't doubt some are embellished, I don't think for a second that they all are, see my reply above for reasons.

SMH.

I had a 96 cu inch Twin Cam super glide (I THINK it was a 2001) for 6 months. Not long after buying it I called the HD shop in Oshawa about a service in 2012. They told me they didn't work on bikes that old. I said, "but really you're still selling them, just bigger." No dice.

I then called the HD shop in Peterborough when they were still on Hwy 7. They essentially said, "Sure bring it in. We'll look after whatever it needs and make sure it's had any service bulletins take care of." Which is what they did. The service was completed when they said it would be, they did a complete check of it, addressed service bulletins, lubed everything and gave me an itemized list. The charge was also very reasonable. If I was going to spend money on an HD it would have been there. Plus everyone I had contact with there were genuinely nice people who rode motorcycles, not just HD's.

Unfortunately, not long after they moved from that location to the new building on #28 they closed when HD pulled back some dealerships. Naturally the one in Oshawa continued.

Back
Top Bottom