Harley Davidson 2024 lineup | GTAMotorcycle.com

Harley Davidson 2024 lineup

Here's to the new boss, same as the old boss....
You can say that for almost any company now-a-days..

• Sad
Reactions: TK4
Raodglides are still ugly.

Not to crazy about what they have done to the batwing, such an iconic shape/appearance. Partly what I see is a production efficiently decision instead of aesthetic one. They removed the driving lights and turn signals, and I guess integrated into the extra light strips in the fairing itself.

Some of the faithful have spoken out about looks, new designs. The new Roadglide is an improvement, if you can call it that, over previous since everyone was calling it a scuba looking goggle (not in a nice way). Lots of course comparing it to Indian designs.
Also pricing is getting way up there.

Will have to see what they look like in person though.

I made it all the way to 2:06 before tapping out.

The narration is a bullet point recitation of nonsensical clap trap completely unrelated to the video. It's aspirational boilerplate filtered through a used depends adult diaper.

The fake exhaust note mixed in with the non-descript background noise/music was foolish. None of their would-be customers who care about the noise their exhausts make are going to recognize or be moved by that.

And why does EVERY visual of an ADV bike show some dude standing on the pegs while riding down the surface equivalent of my driveway?

Aside that, I found the bikes that I saw to be doing a pretty good job of retaining their family form/shape while incorporating newer design aspects pretty well. I look forward to seeing them in person.

Not that I'm a potential customer, as I think for the money they cost I can get a better performing machine PLUS a new dirt bike and perhaps more with some money left.

Have to admit I like the looks of most Harleys except for the Roadglide. I’ve only ridden a friend’s Sportster (883 version) which was so so. I lust for a Road King or Ultra Glide, older models though, which is good as the cost of the new ones is outrageous.

Have to admit I like the looks of most Harleys except for the Roadglide. I’ve only ridden a friend’s Sportster (883 version) which was so so. I lust for a Road King or Ultra Glide, older models though, which is good as the cost of the new ones is outrageous.
I just traded in an 05 electra glide with less than 70k on it. was only getting offers around 10,500 for it.

Inside Motorcycles has a recent review of the 23 CVO Roadglide.
The only details that stuck in my mind were,$54000 and 862lb.
Boat indeed

I just traded in an 05 electra glide with less than 70k on it. was only getting offers around 10,500 for it.
"Only"? For a bike pushing 20 years, a five figure price sounds pretty good to me. If I was a buyer, I would also be looking used as I cant see the new one being 30k better. The problem with hd sticking with heritage is the new ones don't get you much more.

"Only"? For a bike pushing 20 years, a five figure price sounds pretty good to me. If I was a buyer, I would also be looking used as I cant see the new one being 30k better. The problem with hd sticking with heritage is the new ones don't get you much more.
I'm one of those people that would like to keep every bike I've ever owned. So yeah i did have a little sellers remorse

Harley gonna Harley.

I think it's inevitable the old faithful aren't going to like "those new fandangled bikes", but if push comes to shove, they'll buy them, and Harley knows that.

And Harley faithful gonna faithful. When you're so invested in a brand, even if you don't like how they change with the times or whatever, you'll still buy the product at the end of the day.

Hard to say how successful that'll be bringing in a new generation though, and as the currently Harley faithful age out of riding, they need to do that. But the price is going to be a huge stumbling block.

I just about choked paying just north of $20K for my new ride. But It would be a cold day in hell before I'd ever pay over $50K for a MOTORCYCLE.

But here's the reality - The metric manufacturers are struggling in the full dresser cruiser/touring market because reality is Harley has it locked up right now.

- Yamaha completely exited it.

- Kawasaki has been pumping out the (literally, except for paint colours) unchanged Vulcan Voyager since 2010.

- Honda has no cruiser touring bike at all right now either aside from the Goldwing which isn't really a "cruiser tourer" - there is no crossover between someone thinking of a HD even remotely considering a Goldwing instead. Their small cruisers don't really compare as IMHO none of them are the sort of bike you'd hop on for a 750km day.

- BMW, they're in the game with the Transcontinental, but they're also in Harley money territory so the crossover is slim. They may be the best suited to avoid the downturn however as their owners typically have deep pockets.

- Indian is the biggest and baddest competitor right now to Harley, but it's also based on the name and legacy, although they do build great bikes as well - arguably better than Harley. But they're also dancing a fine line with a demographic that is fading out, and a price point that won't attract new ones.

When the time comes that the old farts with money crowd start to fade away from riding and the GenX'ers and Millenials coming into it are more likely to be too frugal (or just plain too broke) to even remotely consider $40K+ for a toy, well, it'll be interesting to see if the Metric manufactures jump back in again with lower priced options. There's a reason the Kawi Vulcan Voyager is one of the most popular metric cruisers out there right now, it's because you can get one brand new for under $20K usd, or around $23K Canadian, and I guess they're doing OK with still moving them as they just keep pumping them out.

Harley gonna Harley.

I think it's inevitable the old faithful aren't going to like "those new fandangled bikes", but if push comes to shove, they'll buy them, and Harley knows that.

And Harley faithful gonna faithful. When you're so invested in a brand, even if you don't like how they change with the times or whatever, you'll still buy the product at the end of the day.

Hard to say how successful that'll be bringing in a new generation though, and as the currently Harley faithful age out of riding, they need to do that. But the price is going to be a huge stumbling block.

I just about choked paying just north of $20K for my new ride. But It would be a cold day in hell before I'd ever pay over $50K for a MOTORCYCLE.

But here's the reality - The metric manufacturers are struggling in the full dresser cruiser/touring market because reality is Harley has it locked up right now.

- Yamaha completely exited it.

- Kawasaki has been pumping out the (literally, except for paint colours) unchanged Vulcan Voyager since 2010.

- Honda has no cruiser touring bike at all right now either aside from the Goldwing which isn't really a "cruiser tourer" - there is no crossover between someone thinking of a HD even remotely considering a Goldwing instead. Their small cruisers don't really compare as IMHO none of them are the sort of bike you'd hop on for a 750km day.

- BMW, they're in the game with the Transcontinental, but they're also in Harley money territory so the crossover is slim. They may be the best suited to avoid the downturn however as their owners typically have deep pockets.

- Indian is the biggest and baddest competitor right now to Harley, but it's also based on the name and legacy, although they do build great bikes as well - arguably better than Harley. But they're also dancing a fine line with a demographic that is fading out, and a price point that won't attract new ones.

When the time comes that the old farts with money crowd start to fade away from riding and the GenX'ers and Millenials coming into it are more likely to be too frugal (or just plain too broke) to even remotely consider $40K+ for a toy, well, it'll be interesting to see if the Metric manufactures jump back in again with lower priced options. There's a reason the Kawi Vulcan Voyager is one of the most popular metric cruisers out there right now, it's because you can get one brand new for under $20K usd, or around $23K Canadian, and I guess they're doing OK with still moving them as they just keep pumping them out.

Good analysis. You know your cruisers and the market very well!

I’ve been pondering a change to my street riding and revisiting a cruiser demo. (Don’t tell the folks in 2024 New Bikes thread 😉) I did try a street glide I think 3 years back and was surprised at a few things.

HD isn’t even a consideration for me unless I find a modded used one since I’d have to drop another $5k+ in suspension improvements. Which is a shame since I do think they look and sound the best.

Oh well!

Back
Top Bottom