GTAM at Grand Bend Weekend - Aug 23/24 2014 | Page 9 | GTAMotorcycle.com

GTAM at Grand Bend Weekend - Aug 23/24 2014

You've miscalculated, Chris. You're thinking of the driving times on back home gravel runs. LOL... It's about 30km to the track from Exeter, so still not far.
Whoops! I was thinking gravel runs. :)

Hi All.
I had a great time yesterday at my first Track Day. Felt like I was 20 again (lol).
I was in the Light Green Group, and hope to move up to a Medium Green next time.

I was a bit confused though, as riders in the Green group who pass me are going through corners that I'm working hard on with one had on the bar facing backwards. How can I get to this level of Green?

If they are the control riders I can understand, but on the track I could only ever identify 2 of them. One was in a orange safety shirt the other in a safety vest. Were there others out there that were unidentifiable? If so, I think it would be a help to all the Green riders if they were easily identifiable (eg. vest them up). If they are not control riders move them up, please.

So, is there a place that I can find dates for other up coming track days this year?

Seat time. A lot of it.

Holy crap what a weekend. I had an absolute blast. Thanks so much for all the work that goes into a weekend event like this.

Good to see and meet everyone! It's nice to put a face to (a lot) of names.

I also loved the track. Playground for so much!
Motorbikes
Dragstrips
Quarter mile (jeebus the 750 Gixxer stuffed into the midgets)
Air strip
Parachute place
Campground

I was astounded.

love the reverse screaming alien

ended up packing up at lunch today due to a low sided that crippled my braking system. Just started leaking at the banjo bolt

note to self, don't ride over the turtles in full lean :)

Had a good time as per usual. Used the morning as practice for the next SOAR Round. Was able to work on my braking and move my brake markers a good 15 feet in some spots.

Afternoon I rode around on a few different bikes in Green and Yellow diagnosing handling and braking issues and doing some some coaching with Amazon.

Had a blast Saturday! Not a fan of reverse alien so I only did the one day, but so glad I decided to make it out.

Unfortunately I aimed my GoPro far too low and only filmed the spot on the track directly in front of my front tire. Next time I'm bringing my laptop so I can check alignment between runs.

Glad I was able to move up to Yellow Group, and had a blast with whoever was wearing the white/orange Vector 2 helmet. I'd get by you, get tired, you'd get around me and I'd be hell bent on catching back up. Good times. :lol:

Had a great time there on Saturday! Thanks to the organizers for running a great day!!

Does anyone know how the girl who crashed in green group and got taken out in the ambulance is? (on Saturday). Hope she is ok!

Does anyone know how the girl who crashed in green group and got taken out in the ambulance is? (on Saturday). Hope she is ok!

She's got a bad concussion . Nothing broken

Back
Top Bottom