Gp service department | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Gp service department

Any authorized Dealer , whether its BMW, Honda, Ducati etc. Will be able to do the firmware update. In fact its the first item they check when I'm booking the service even before they recieve the bike. Simply by using your VIN they check the service history. No different than any car service at a Dealership.

Sometimes the dealer won't update the firmware unless you report a problem that the newest update solves.

BMW R bikes take over an hour to update the TFT firmware and most dealers don't want to have the bike on the bench for that long. So a lot of folks are running older versions of the firmware even after the latest service.

Sales department isn't so hot either sent a request from the website on a bike that has been on the floor for a while. No response if they can't be bothered to answer take the form down.

Sent from the future
ime most of these big dealers have so many sales, its just a natural consequence of that, they're super busy, and if they lose a sale or 2, its no big deal because there are 10 sales standing behind you asking about the same bike

My guy at apex legit told me they sell so many bikes, their service department cant keep up (hence the 1 month wait time on KTM break in service)

My guy at apex legit told me they sell so many bikes, their service department cant keep up (hence the 1 month wait time on KTM break in service)
Crap ... I better book now then for my 1,000km service.

ime most of these big dealers have so many sales, its just a natural consequence of that, they're super busy, and if they lose a sale or 2, its no big deal because there are 10 sales standing behind you asking about the same bike

It definitely pays to have a "guy". I think there are 3 Dave's at Apex, but the one in sales with the FTR parked by his desk seems like he's on top of things - both knowledge-wise as well as process-wise.

It definitely pays to have a "guy". I think there are 3 Dave's at Apex, but the one in sales with the FTR parked by his desk seems like he's on top of things - both knowledge-wise as well as process-wise.
it is a bit confusing with the daves :ROFLMAO:
I've bought a bunch of bikes from them, and so far, i'd have to say david hari has been the best person to deal with.

Sales department isn't so hot either sent a request from the website on a bike that has been on the floor for a while. No response if they can't be bothered to answer take the form down.

Sent from the future
Every time I go in, they're always on the friggen phone or filling out paperwork, and you have to wait. Phone keeps ringing while we're doing business.

I have a guy at apex but was interested in something at gp they have had sitting there for quite a while though I could take it off their hands. Again don't have a inquiry form if no one is answering or it just pisses people off.

Sent from the future

Hey Scuba...have you used Apex for service? I am in Cambridge and have a Yamaha, but haven’t taken it there for service as I’m not sure what it’s like.
I lost faith in the service dept at Two Wheel years ago, so am currently taking my bike to Hamilton for any warranty work etc.

Hey Scuba...have you used Apex for service? I am in Cambridge and have a Yamaha, but haven’t taken it there for service as I’m not sure what it’s like.
I lost faith in the service dept at Two Wheel years ago, so am currently taking my bike to Hamilton for any warranty work etc.
Just had both my bikes in at apex for first service (I’m a customer who bought 2 from them).

Despite only 1 guy manning the service desk they were responsive and accurate in their estimation for service completion. Dropped both bikes off before 10 and they were ready at 4.30, as indicated. An employee helped me load and unload from my truck.

Have yet to ride either due to an injury but they look fine based on visual inspection.

No I do all my own service was going to have apex do the belts on the Ducati but ended up doing them myself.

Sent from the future

Had my Indian 1st service done at GP. Also had a few mods installed;

Tech managed to break my aftermarket shift lever while installing it. I found it more amusing then upsetting, since I installed the same one on the brake side with no issues. Oh well, sometimes things happen. Got it replaced with no issue, shoutout Revzilla.

Heated grips were installed but tech forgot to connect them before giving the bike back, I made it a few blocks away before turning around as I could not seem to get them working. Took 10 seconds to fix.

Seeing what I think is oil on the front of my left saddlebag and mid fairing after a few rides now, some GoogleFu shows that changing to a performance air filter setup (which I did) can cause some splatter. I'll keep an eye on it.

Service was fast and professional otherwise.

I'd give them a B-

Had my Indian 1st service done at GP. Also had a few mods installed;

Tech managed to break my aftermarket shift lever while installing it. I found it more amusing then upsetting, since I installed the same one on the brake side with no issues. Oh well, sometimes things happen. Got it replaced with no issue, shoutout Revzilla.

Heated grips were installed but tech forgot to connect them before giving the bike back, I made it a few blocks away before turning around as I could not seem to get them working. Took 10 seconds to fix.

Seeing what I think is oil on the front of my left saddlebag and mid fairing after a few rides now, some GoogleFu shows that changing to a performance air filter setup (which I did) can cause some splatter. I'll keep an eye on it.

Service was fast and professional otherwise.

I'd give them a B-
So adding 50 brands to the dealership wasn’t the best idea? 🤔

Many years ago. I bought new from SON. Never ever again. It was in the showroom and was used by many others to test the bike out. Was also put in the Bike show. Terrible.

I would take my Ducati Diavel to Penninsula Oakville.
Dave, the mechanic, was great and John helped me out getting it in for service.
Never, ever had a problem.
Going back their again with the new 2nd hand Ducati Diavel.

Many years ago. I bought new from SON. Never ever again. It was in the showroom and was used by many others to test the bike out. Was also put in the Bike show. Terrible.
I think these are the same guys -

I think these are the same guys -

That would explain so much.

Back
Top Bottom