Get well Johnny P! | Page 8 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Get well Johnny P!

^ Glad you're pulling through. It's good to see you posting again...
Got all my parts in buddy, see you soon!

Almost exactly like that but mine is straight across from the top of my ear to the other ear, I didn't get a cool V cut like that....I counted just over 50 staples when the nurse pulled them out, and a few stitches on both sides by the ears...Still amazed at what they were able to do for me here, I thought for sure I was going to loose my left eye or at least my vision in it...

No travel insurance, but you have to read the fine print in those policies anyways...Everyone that I looked into that was reasonable in price was void if any kind of motor vehicle accident was involved in your injury...Also always thought it would never happen to me you know, thats changed now...

Good to know, thank-you. I will double check next time I go on a trip.

Wonder if bike insurance here could somehow cover you Outside NA for an extra fee.

But in this case you weren't riding the bike......any health insurance would cover this I would think.

Is there a legal course of action against the guy that hit you that you could take?

Wonder if bike insurance here could somehow cover you Outside NA for an extra fee.

But in this case you weren't riding the bike......any health insurance would cover this I would think.

Is there a legal course of action against the guy that hit you that you could take?

I was hit by a friend, and we both made a mistake. I dont want to ruin his life with legal action, I just want to recover as best as I can and try my best to never let this happen to me again...

I was hit by a friend, and we both made a mistake. I dont want to ruin his life with legal action, I just want to recover as best as I can and try my best to never let this happen to me again...

That is the way to act Johnny, props for the way u think, forget the past,forgive people's mistakes and don't forget to be safe when riding, things happen, a mistake was made now u are alive,so move on and recover from it, We are all praying for your speed recovery and to see u back riding asap!;)

STAND up thing to do!!! Best of luck during recovery!

Just heard. get well soon Johnny glad to hear your at Sunnybrook doesnt het any better than that place. They could put Humpty Dumpty back together again.

So you heard about the work they did on my bro....lol

saw this , and it makes me wonder

http://vimeo.com/34114298

some have said he was just standing on the side of the road

others have said he was pushing his bike along the road.

the news says he was driving.

does anyone know the REAL story ?

Look at that... Johnny P... Your stimulating economies... :)

Glad to see your alive and positive

Wow man - your story is chilling and sounds very painful. So are you going to keep on riding? Are you even allowed to? A friend of mine had an accident that sounds very similar to yours. He was riding dirt bikes with his cousin on his farm, and it was getting dark. He had run out of gas or something and his cousin came charging around a corner..... my friend basically ate the handlebar on his cousin's bike. They were both knocked out. Cousin ended up in a comma for like 10 days and made it. My friend had a ton of surgeries, no nose, and a metal plate in his head holding everything together. Problem is because of the metal plate, they told him he can't do anything that might cause an impact to his head. No fighting, no riding dirtbikes... etc.

Best of luck whatever you decide to do.

Last edited:
Wow man - your story is chilling and sounds very painful. So are you going to keep on riding? Are you even allowed to? A friend of mine had an accident that sounds very similar to yours. He was riding dirt bikes with his cousin on his farm, and it was getting dark. He had run out of gas or something and his cousin came charging around a corner..... my friend basically ate the handlebar on his cousin's bike. They were both knocked out. Cousin ended up in a comma for like 10 days and made it. My friend had a ton of surgeries, no nose, and a metal plate in his head holding everything together. Problem is because of the metal plate, they told him he can't do anything that might cause an impact to his head. No fighting, no riding dirtbikes... etc.

Best of luck whatever you decide to do.

Honestly I havent even talked to the doctors about riding or any other future limitations yet, and I dont even know what I would do with myself if I cant ride again. Its too soon for that conversation I think, I have more surgery coming up for my eye. And the plastic surgeon told me to expect roughly a year for my face to recover from the surgery I already had on my skul. Just seeing the scans of my skull with the 60 titanium plates, screws, and clips holding it back together, I know it cant take another hit like this again, and they are going to tell me not to ride anymore. I never listen though and although my family wants me to sell every single thing that has to do with bikes, I will ride again no matter what, just not sure at what level I will be able to ride at, or how long before I can.

Heal up Johnny! You be back on 2... well 1 again

Glad to hear you're already on the mend. Are you going to be xferred to a rehab place first? Did they say when you'll be able to go home?

I am home already, I was released on Sat the 7th, but Ive got appointments about every week or 2 with the different doctors involved. And I have some more surgeries coming up, I go back on wed for a minor surgery to remove the braces on my upper and lower teeth because they are stitched to my jaws. And it looks like Im going to have to have surgery on my right eye now too...

Only 1 year for you face to heal? Luckily you were not that handsome to begin with :p lol

Glad to hear you are going to be okay man! Rest up and get well!

Only 1 year for you face to heal? Luckily you were not that handsome to begin with :p lol

Glad to hear you are going to be okay man! Rest up and get well!

Well its been a month since my surgery, so the scars from the stitches and staples are pretty much all healed up. My left eye only opens about half way so far, and I have no control over my upper eye lid yet. Around my eyes and cheeks is still swollen, my upper lip and nose are still numb, and the skin on my whole upper face right up to the top of my head is tight and sore. And then theres all the nerve crap, like I touch my cheek and I can feel it tingle in my eyebrow. And I get sudden painful stinging headaches...I asked the plastic surgeon how long it would feel like that, and he said around a year. Told me to massage around my eye to help get some movement back but it hurts like crazy because of all the little titanium parts inside.

Then again they didn't think I was going to be able to walk as soon as I could, and some nurses/doctors also thought I would be in the hospital for months...So who really knows, everyday I feel a little better

sounds familiar.

get well soon.

Damn Johnny just saw this...sorry to hear what happened, but its great your already out of the hospital and healing up fast. You still got a long way to go but rest up, get well and just take your time and see you on 1 again!

oh yeah and your probably the only guy I'll ever met that got a private jet from Jamaica.

Last edited:
With the worst now behind you, you have nothing but good days ahead.
Give yourself the time to heal before you think about hopping back on a bike.

Back
Top Bottom