Dodge Grand Caravan | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Dodge Grand Caravan

Tough talking mini vanners. Get yourselves over to that 'whats for dinner' thread and make me a sandwich.

fack the haters, when it's -20 outside and you need to change a diaper walk between the seats, lay them on the floor in the back and stay warm.

Jesus... Now I have to second guess when the van's a rockin'

Jesus... Now I have to second guess when the van's a rockin'
That was 5 years ago.
This is the aftermath. ? (love my kids)

Sent from my custom Purple Joe Bass mobile on Tapatalk

Tough talking mini vanners. Get yourselves over to that 'whats for dinner' thread and make me a sandwich.
You'll be the meat in a minivan sandwich if you're not careful. My brothers and sisters have important texts to make, we can't always be bothered to do a shoulder check.

retired in 2014,sold my truck and grabbed a2002 caravan,4 tires,1 starter ,1 brake line replaced,pretty good for 2 years of use .

@Iceman looks good and imho the price is right. By my reasoning stated earlier, anything over 3 years now, with no major repairs, and you come out ahead. Just for $#!+$ & giggles keep track for me.

Sent from my custom Purple Joe Bass mobile on Tapatalk
Typical Honda. Coming up on three years of ownership, I've put over 125k km on it now and its sitting close to 320k. I've replaced the alternator at $300, one wheel bearing at $50, power steering line at $35, and tranny cooler lines at $80, all labour done myself. No other repairs and it never left me stranded.
The van still has life in it, engine and transmission are still strong and it doesn't burn oil. Having said that, the suspension is gone, exhaust is gone, power sliding doors are intermittent, it's near time to replace.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

@Iceman thanks for the update!
Almost all of the heat shields on Pilot are gone. And the few that are left rattle like a mofo.
Will probably have to replace in the spring.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

@Iceman thanks for the update!
Almost all of the heat shields on Pilot are gone. And the few that are left rattle like a mofo.
Will probably have to replace in the spring.

The honda has been really good for me. I'm unsure what to replace it with. I like the pilot, but I'm not sold on the fancy electronic engine mounts, they sound like an expensive fix.
I've been looking at 7 seat SUVs in general, but the market is pretty weak as far as my wants and needs.

The honda has been really good for me. I'm unsure what to replace it with. I like the pilot, but I'm not sold on the fancy electronic engine mounts, they sound like an expensive fix.
I've been looking at 7 seat SUVs in general, but the market is pretty weak as far as my wants and needs.

Hearing great things about the Telluride/ Pallisade

You thinking new or used?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely used.

Off lease Highlander?

Might be hard to find one with the optional 3rd row and then it gets cramped and low on cargo capacity with all the seats in place.

When I compared to the Korean and domestics, it ticked the boxes, other than price point.

For the issues above, a van does the job better but, I prefer an suv.

If I can find a decent Toyota van with AWD, I might go that way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Off lease Highlander?

When I compared to the Korean and domestics, it ticked the boxes, other than Prince point.

Prince point?
You got Joe Bass on the brain? Lolz

@Iceman hit me up if you're considering the Highlander.
I have a contact at Toyota with executive demos.
Not as cheap as used, but better than new.
iirc years ago my coworker grabbed a Venza (sp?) with ~10k on the odo for about $7000 less than sticker with full warranty and 0% red tag deal financing

Prince point?

iirc years ago my coworker grabbed a Venza (sp?) with ~10k on the odo for about $7000 less than sticker with full warranty and 0% red tag deal financing

Lol. Guess he was on my mind!

Off lease Highlander?

Might be hard to find one with the optional 3rd row and then it gets cramped and low on cargo capacity with all the seats in place.

When I compared to the Korean and domestics, it ticked the boxes, other than price point.

For the issues above, a van does the job better but, I prefer an suv.

If I can find a decent Toyota van with AWD, I might go that way.

Prince point?

I've been looking at all of the 3 row crossovers. The highlander is high on the list. I like the space in the gmc acadian/traverse and the durango but don't really want to buy domestic, the Japanese all have their own issues, interior size, towing capacity, or the dreaded CVT. For a market so flooded with options they really thin out fast.
I don't need the space of a minivan but I do need room. I need 7 seats but only a few times per year so not a deal breaker if the hatch is smaller with the rear seats up. I need 3500lbs minimum towing, 5000 is preferred. I'd prefer awd. I don't need fancy tech packages, I need reliability.

@Joe Bass appreciate the offer but like you I used to buy 10000 used, finding nowadays I've got to aim closer to 20000 to get a good reliable vehicle. Pretty sure even executive demos are going to be priced out of my range lol.

Wife has a 2015 santa fe xl awd. It's ok. No issues with it. Sure there are probably better vehicles but for the price it works. Iirc 5000 towing.

Back
Top Bottom