Dear potheads, Merry Christmas! | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Dear potheads, Merry Christmas!

Every time my wife and I talk about kids, I shudder at the thought of my teenager smoking weed - its a hallucinogenic substance that affects brain development! I think the same is true with alcohol, but weed is worse because it doesn't just attack brain cell growth; it affects how you think and the fakking toker kids just don't get it. If you haven't learned to master your thoughts while sober, you have no business messing with your thoughts for entertainment/relaxation by smoking teh bomb.

just my 0.02

In 6 years, I have never hallucinated from cannabis.

On the note of the kids, I agree.

Brain chemistry is pretty complex. Anything that affects it time after time starts to alter it to the extreme extent that you see severe addiction with heroin etc. Alcohol and pot both affect brain chemistry. I don't have a strong opinion about the legal sales of pot but all I care about are people with reduced control driving near me or around me.

That being said, I don't think this WCBO is a good idea - I think it makes for easier access of marymary to minors.

just my 0.02

What? How do you figure? Do you think drug dealers ask for ID? As a 15 year old it was far easier for me to find weed than it was for me to grab alcohol...

It's only stigmatized because of a generation of unfounded reefer madness fear spreading. Again, I'm not a user, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that it's all been overblown and your average pothead just wants to flop on the couch and eat cheesies after smoking. When compared to alcohol and the not unusual angry drunks that result,

Dr. Bumquist would disagree with you :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObbLapUaZd4

In 6 years, I have never hallucinated from cannabis.

On the note of the kids, I agree.

You're right - I've confused that label with PCP or LSD... a quick google calls it a "Psychotropic Substance"; sounds about right.

In regards to driving or any other activity while high, there's a lot to said for 'mastering your high'... similar to how people can handle being drunk, but cannabis doesn't really destroy your motor senses like alcohol does. It DOES change your perception though, so (as usual) we're all better off being sober while driving.

What? How do you figure? Do you think drug dealers ask for ID? As a 15 year old it was far easier for me to find weed than it was for me to grab alcohol...

My experience was opposite... I couldn't easily access it easily until I was in University, but having no interest in it I never pursued it back then. Any high-school party always had someone with an ID that we could use (legit or not), then it was just a matter of getting to the store. With weed you needed to "know somebody".

I like the way it is now; people that use it do so discretely, and try to be respectful of surrounding people who may be offended (or call the cops, lol). You can't get in too much trouble if you're caught with it, and the profits from your dealers are probably not going to large murderous gangs (although I guess there's no guarantee of that), but just guys who grow it in a field somewhere or with hydroponics to supplement their crappy 9-5 incomes. I think the cocaine trade is a much more violent and competitive one tho. Commercialization of cannabis will put it everywhere, but the negative stigma and resulting judgement of non-users will still be there... Imagine running into your boss at LCBO with a bottle of glen livet 12 and a 1/4 oz :\

The only real positive of this is the potential tax income for crying-broke Ontario.

You're right - I've confused that label with PCP or LSD... a quick google calls it a "Psychotropic Substance"; sounds about right.

In regards to driving or any other activity while high, there's a lot to said for 'mastering your high'... similar to how people can handle being drunk, but cannabis doesn't really destroy your motor senses like alcohol does. It DOES change your perception though, so (as usual) we're all better off being sober while driving.

My experience was opposite... I couldn't easily access it easily until I was in University, but having no interest in it I never pursued it back then. Any high-school party always had someone with an ID that we could use (legit or not), then it was just a matter of getting to the store. With weed you needed to "know somebody".

I don't know how long it's been for you, but the weed in Canada has spread like cancer and is everywhere. It's definitely more abundant today. I just don't see your point how it makes it easier to get it.

You say that you were able to get alcohol underage via someone with an ID, but with the current way things are this "safeguard" doesn't even exist for pot. You don't even need an ID or someone with an ID.

Not to mention if you get caught buying drinks for people who are underage, you're in deep ****.

Now I ask again, how is the current approach a better solution to regulation and keeping it out of the hands of children if we don't add an element of legal age to it? Like I said, times have changed. A person in sixth grade can get it EASY. clearly there's an issue with the current approach.

Last edited:
I don't know how long it's been for you, but the weed in Canada has spread like cancer and is everywhere. It's definitely more abundant today. I just don't see your point how it makes it easier to get it.

You say that you were able to get alcohol underage via someone with an ID, but with the current way things are this "safeguard" doesn't even exist for pot. You don't even need an ID or someone with an ID.

Not to mention if you get caught buying drinks for people who are underage, you're in deep ****.

Now I ask again, how is the current approach a better solution to regulation and keeping it out of the hands of children if we don't add an element of legal age to it? Like I said, times have changed. A person in sixth grade can get it EASY. clearly there's an issue with the current approach.

I'm not disagreeing with the "formal" approach to regulation; what I am against is making it even more mainstream and common than it already is.

It's only been about 15 years since high school for me, and I knew that stuff was around and could be had, but it wasn't as prevalent or popular among us as minors as alcohol was. Obtaining both was illegal and not the easiest task, but one of them was definitely more accessible than the other. Most people just took it from mom & dad's unlocked cabinets! Now mom and dad are gonna have afghani kush on the premises at any given time.

I like the way it is now; people that use it do so discretely, and try to be respectful of surrounding people who may be offended (or call the cops, lol). You can't get in too much trouble if you're caught with it, and the profits from your dealers are probably not going to large murderous gangs (although I guess there's no guarantee of that), but just guys who grow it in a field somewhere or with hydroponics to supplement their crappy 9-5 incomes. I think the cocaine trade is a much more violent and competitive one tho. Commercialization of cannabis will put it everywhere, but the negative stigma and resulting judgement of non-users will still be there... Imagine running into your boss at LCBO with a bottle of glen livet 12 and a 1/4 oz :\

The only real positive of this is the potential tax income for crying-broke Ontario.

Totally agree with your doing it discreetly point. I believe they also mentioned this at a provincial level.
I think it should be handled like alcohol in terms of consumption. If the individual is using it for medicinal purposes, there are other more discreet options such as edibles (Candies, brownies, lollipops), even cannabis infused lip balm. (Yes, they sold those items in dispensaries in BC as well as cannabis infused bath bombs. Though I'd probably look like a prune coming out of the tub)

My GF hates the smell of it and has hated the smell of it for 6 years I've been using it so I usually try to keep it to myself as much as possible. She prefers that I didn't, but she knows why I do and I do my best to stay away from cannabis consumption when shes around.

I especially hate those kids that walk around smoking a joint in groups of people unknown to them or at a mall entrance. (I feel the same way about cigarettes) Though the smell doesn't bother them, they should know that the fumes disturb many others around them. The current bylaw where you're not supposed to smoke within x amount of metres obviously isn't enforced.

There was that case where there was a kid that was told to leave the Wonderland entrance on a hill because he was smoking pot (I think this was last year). He kept telling security that he wasn't going to leave and he had paperwork. He told the cops the same thing when they were called. Idiotic kids like these screw it for the rest of us and create a bad image. Private property - if hes asked to leave, then he has to leave regardless if hes smoking pot - but that's what made the headlines. He then had the nerve to threaten to sue and got a bunch of ignorant pot smokers to side with him.

Some people just don't have any regard for others.

I also feel the same way about the people vaping oils containing nicotine in confined areas or malls "because it's legal". Like Jesus Christ, you don't see people walking up to each other farting on them "because it's legal".

There will always be a negative stigma on anything someone chooses to put in our bodies. It just depends on who the person is.
Some people look down on people that consume alcohol.
Some people look down on people who consume cannabis.
Hell, even some people look down on people who consume meat - or anything that comes from an animal.
It will just be something people have to bear with - all depends on your social circle.

Last edited:
people just took it from mom & dad's unlocked cabinets! Now mom and dad are gonna have afghani kush on the premises at any given time.

Welp, I'd rather that than something that kills hundreds of thousands annually.

Most people just took it from mom & dad's unlocked cabinets! Now mom and dad are gonna have afghani kush on the premises at any given time.

And alcohol, cigarettes, prescription drugs isn't accessible to kids at any given time in a house?
It would come down to the parents making sure that kids don't have access to it or teach them not to touch whats not theirs.

It's a lot easier to stash away a few buds or jar of buds than it is hiding anywhere from 5 to 100+ bottles of alcohol.

What I've learned today:
1. I have AA genes
2. @Kri$han does not think it is ik for people to fart on him. ?

I'm wondering what the effects of this legislation will do to the workplace....ie. my work has a drug policy in effect. Pre employment drug screening & drug test if you are in an accident.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

I'm wondering what the effects of this legislation will do to the workplace....ie. my work has a drug policy in effect. Pre employment drug screening & drug test if you are in an accident.

If it's no longer illegal they won't be able to stipulate against it's use, same as how no employer could legally stipulate you couldn't consume alcohol outside work hours. I'd anticipate from a "while you're at work" standpoint most employers will use the same guidelines as booze - don't come in under the influence, don't use while at work, keep it to your personal time....see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil at worst.

"OTTAWA -- The modest amount of tax money expected from legalized marijuana sales should go to addiction and support programs, the prime minister says."

Lets sell them drugs and with the money we make, from selling them drug, you nkow, lets help them fix their drug problem lol Makes perfect sense (maybe when youre high) lol

http://www.cp24.com/lifestyle/healt...marijuana-won-t-be-a-gov-t-cash-cow-1.2704730

Again, i have nothing against legalizig it but for him to say this BS and try to make their cash cow into a noble cause is just too insulting to our intelligence!

What's all this talk about money and taxes? Cannabis grows for free.
This is why everyone is so lost in space here, too busy yapping about insignificant details and creating a problem that shouldn't exist.
Like any organic thing on earth, you take a seed, put it in the dirt and it grows, all by itself, imagine that!
If everyone grew 10 plants in their garden, guess how much weed would be worth?
Exactly ZERO dollars, you couldn't give it away if everyone has a huge bag.
You would trade for different kinds, or give it away for free! Cause it is free!
Brainwashed money slaves, over analyzing everything.

Now never mind the smoking issue for a minute, because that isn't even on the top 10 list of uses for the plant.
This country was founded on hemp, why do you think it's illegal, because of hippys? Wake the hell up people.
The human body is organic, it likes organic things, not chemicals, but that's all they push these days, wonderful pills for all the minions!
Educate yourselves before flapping your lips, especially those that oppose it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1zBcuipZ_0

[video=youtube;bwc9pBSsr7k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwc9pBSsr7k[/video]

For those computer pilots who think all people that smoke are impaired and stupid, you obviously don't know me, i have 10x the skills of most here, But i'm humble enough to admit when i have little knowledge on a subject and look to others for their wisdom.

him to say this BS and try to make their cash cow into a noble cause is just too insulting to our intelligence!

And what exactly is wrong with taking a new source of taxes (and yes, probably a "cash cow" one at that) and using it in a very targeted way (probably minimizing waste) for the betterment of society?

Would you rather they just dump it into general revenue so it can be ****** away at the provincial level installing more $3000 receptacles in school libraries (http://m.thestar.com/#/article/news...g_down_on_fraud_and_waste_in_maintenance.html) or some more golden toilet seats in a provincial parliament building somewhere?

I'm confident this is just an initial plan, and I'm also confident this will turn into an even bigger cash cow than most anticipate, and I think Trideau is as smart as a fox and knows this right out of the gate. But, the perception needs to be formed now before anything happens and this puts a good initial face on the push for all the "the world is going to end" crowd to chew on for a while.

Last edited:
it likes organic things, not chemicals, but that's all they push these days

I lose almost all respect for anyone who claims to be educated on a topic related to "natural" things, but then pulls out the "chemicals are evil" scare tactics.

Everything in the world is made of chemicals. Cannibis has about 500 of the "chemicals" you find so scary. Water is a chemical, so is air, so are all the foods we eat.

I just ate an apple. Here's it's "scary" chemical makeup.

attachment.php

And accordingly, not everything natural is thereby perfectly healthy for you either. I didn't, for example, have a big bowl of asbestos for breakfast this morning. Hey, it's natural and organic...must be safe?

So so to be clear I'm not railing against the safety or efficacy of cannibis here, it's the usual catchwords and catchphrases that "chemicals" and "organic", or "natural is safe" that irk me. They don't go far amongst any critical thinker or reasonably educated person who understands science even just a little bit.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 106
"OTTAWA -- The modest amount of tax money expected from legalized marijuana sales should go to addiction and support programs, the prime minister says."

Lets sell them drugs and with the money we make, from selling them drug, you nkow, lets help them fix their drug problem lol Makes perfect sense (maybe when youre high) lol

http://www.cp24.com/lifestyle/healt...marijuana-won-t-be-a-gov-t-cash-cow-1.2704730

Again, i have nothing against legalizig it but for him to say this BS and try to make their cash cow into a noble cause is just too insulting to our intelligence!

How dare you question the PM with fantastic hair.......

What's all this talk about money and taxes? Cannabis grows for free.
This is why everyone is so lost in space here, too busy yapping about insignificant details and creating a problem that shouldn't exist.
Like any organic thing on earth, you take a seed, put it in the dirt and it grows, all by itself, imagine that!
If everyone grew 10 plants in their garden, guess how much weed would be worth?
Exactly ZERO dollars, you couldn't give it away if everyone has a huge bag.
You would trade for different kinds, or give it away for free! Cause it is free!
Brainwashed money slaves, over analyzing everything.

Now never mind the smoking issue for a minute, because that isn't even on the top 10 list of uses for the plant.
This country was founded on hemp, why do you think it's illegal, because of hippys? Wake the hell up people.
The human body is organic, it likes organic things, not chemicals, but that's all they push these days, wonderful pills for all the minions!
Educate yourselves before flapping your lips, especially those that oppose it.

For those computer pilots who think all people that smoke are impaired and stupid, you obviously don't know me, i have 10x the skills of most here, But i'm humble enough to admit when i have little knowledge on a subject and look to others for their wisdom.

It won't be worth exactly Zero. It would be worth roughly what cigarettes are sold for.

People can legally grow their own tobacco, it's easy to grow, and relatively fast. Thing is, you can't sell it (legally)- it can only be grown for personal use.

Canadian Leaf Tobacco
Marginal note:Tobacco grown for private use

220. A person who grows tobacco on his own land or property and manufactures the tobacco into common Canada twist or cut tobacco solely for the use of himself and such members of his family as are resident with him on the farm or premises on which the tobacco was grown, and not for sale, does not require a licence for so doing, nor is the tobacco so manufactured subject to excise duty, but the quantity so manufactured in any one year shall not exceed fifteen kilograms (15 kg) for each adult member of the family resident on the farm or premises.

Like tobacco, cannabis is relatively easy to grow, but some people would not put in the effort do so. Of all the cigarette smokers, I think I can comfortably say, less than 1% of smokers would grow their own tobacco to save themselves $.

The same could be said for making your own wine, or brewing your own beer.

For those that grow themselves, they will have the feeling that it's free because they're growing it - everybody else wouldn't have that luxury and would rather pay for product.

Not much to do with "brainwashed money slaves", more to do with paying for someone else's labor/services for their convenience. People won't grow cannabis to make hemp products for free, they're obviously going to charge people for growing that product.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom