Copy of the M Test (M2X) checklist! | Page 34 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Copy of the M Test (M2X) checklist!

Where I took it, they had at least five different routes.
Some of the spots may be the same, but they use a different street to get there.

ok I see 1,2,3,4 LEFT and 1,2,3,4 RIGHT why is there a left and right?

Because you make both left and right turns? Is there more to your question than there seems to be?

Where I took it, they had at least five different routes.
Some of the spots may be the same, but they use a different street to get there.

That sounds like us....was that a drive test or a college?

After 9 years, 80,000 kms and 5 motorcycles, I finally got my M license. Only lost 2 points. I had a Quebec licence for under two years so a M2 licence was given back to me and set to expire next year. Never was in a rush to get my final licence since it has no effect on my insurance. Wish I saw this link earlier: http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/handbook/motorcycles/index.shtml since I had to buy a second handbook after someone didn't return the first. The test at downsview was a simple 15 ride - Sheppard to Allen to 401 to Keele to side street for emergency stop and back to Carl Hall. I even did several extra lane changes on my own. The guys were nice and helpful. Just keep you head moving even when stopped at intersections.

Passed my M2X test yesterday in Brampton :)Test took about 25-30mins, examiner was really nice, said I was a little slow making turns. The earpiece they gave me was huge!! I had to put it in my helmet first before I put it on my head. It was one of those ones with the hook on it, Anyways moved my head a lot and held the brake at stops, he said he didn't care if you had both feet down or one foot down as long as you held the brake. Saw two other riders there Yesterday, not sure if the passed but they didnt seem happy. Hope they passed. Good luck everyone!!

I was there and my test started at 2. Passed pretty easily. Thanks to the guy on the black 125 who gave me a couple of pointers before. Nothing tricky just watch the speed limits posted and make sure you keep your head on a swivel. Just look around when going through intersections and side roads. I told the guy before we took off that my main concern was staying alive. If any s**t goes down I'm gonna do what it takes to get outta the situation alive. He was ok with that. Good luck everyone.

Hey everyone, I passed my M a couple of weeks ago. I took the M2 exit course with Learning Curves. The test wasn't what I thought it would be. Once you reach a point where you're comfortable with your skills (ex: definitely no more stalls, completing turns correctly and holding your lane position, switching gears smoothly etc...) you should be able to pass the examination easily. What was most important was clearly demonstrating to the instructors that you are continuously scanning your surrounding for any possible dangers, hazards or points of interest. You need to literally become a bobble head, lol. Maintaining a certain level of fluidity is also important.

I feel like a better and safer rider since taking the course and I would strongly recommend it, even if you feel quite confident with your skills. The instructors will observe you while you're group riding and inform you of any bad habits you may have and how you can improve. I can honestly say that I walked away feeling more confident than before not just because I passed, but because I feel I learned a lot and it's made me a more focused rider.

Goodluck to everyone and safe riding!

Burlington route. Left on to North Service Road (nsr). Thru lights then lane change left lane change right (lcllcr). Left onto Industrial. Left onto Pettit. Right onto Mountainside. Right onto Stanley. Roadside stop. Left onto nsr. Right onto Mountainside. Right onto Guelph Line. QEW Toronto. Lcllcr. Exit Walkers. Left onto Walkers. QEW Hamilton. Lcllcr. Exit Guelph line. Straight through at lights. Left on nsr. Lcllcr. Pull into parking lot.

Last edited:
The links to the checklist in the first post don't work anymore. Can anybody post the checklist again?

Hey guys, I'm going for my M2 exit test tomorrow in Brampton. I read through the first 15 pages, and skipped to the last two pages so I'm sorry if someone already covered this but a prompt response is much appreciated.

When I exit off the 401 onto Clark, does it matter if I stay on the left lane or middle lane? If I'm in the middle lane, what is the proper blocking position? Same with exiting off 401 into steeles.

And I have to make a left on First Gulph off Steeles and there are 2 left turning lanes. which lane should I be in and if it's the one to the right, what is the proper blocking position?

You'll be riding on the 410, when you get on the highway, they will ask you to make a lane change left then back to the right lane when possible. Don't stay on the left lane or middle lane, just make your lane change then go back to the right lane. I did my M2 exit a couple weeks ago, make sure you have room in your helmet, they make you wear one of those over the ear earphones. Good Luck!

Passed at Victoria Park and Lawrence. You need to call them to book. They only do M tests every Tuesday. It was a simple ride in a nearby residential and then hitting the 404 from Lawrence to York Mills and back again. Did one roadside emergency stop and that was it. Took 30 minutes in total. Highly recommend this location for testing.

I am sure I am over thinking my driving habits but I have a few questions:
1) At the Aurora centre, when on your way back, you have to turn left from Henderson into the parking lot. I assume you just yield to pedestrians and on coming traffic but no need to stop before turning left if no cars or people are around right? My habit is just to check then turn since it is not a red light or stop sign.
2) When turning left or right at a stop light, if there is a pedestrian starting on the crosswalk at the far end, would you get dinged for turning if there is sufficient time or should you wait until they cross. At a stop sign I would left them cross.
3) I wear ear plugs while riding, I only read one poster who wore 1 ear plug on the test, has anyone else had experience with this?

Thanks!

xnvjo2.jpg

OR ??
xnvlag.jpg

In option 2, which tire track would you end your turn in? I would usually end in the left as it is the blocking position. Should you end in right track because you turned from the right track then move to left?

On the test, the examiners are always looking to see if you're in the blocking position. For option 2, you turn from the right tire track to the left one.

thanks to this thread and learning curves, finally got my M.

I'm pretty sure i would fail after all the bad habits Ive accumulated over 30 plus years of riding lol

Passed today. Thanks for the awesome thread. Just ride safely and keep your head moving with intersection checks, blind spot and mirrors.

Back
Top Bottom