Copy of the M Test (M2X) checklist! | Page 36 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Copy of the M Test (M2X) checklist!

Re: M Exam this Thursday in Oshawa

Wanted to update you guys on my exam outcome: I passed!! It wasn't the route posted earlier in a YouTube video, but it was very similar.
I had no problems maneuvering roads as I don't know Oshawa that well. earpiece fit good and I heard the instructor well. Thanks for steering me to the right notes and threads. It helped me a lot and I just wish I would start reading it a week earlier rather than the night before. Shout out to Sunny87. We met early in the the morning. His s exam was first which he passed with ease and also passed to few tips to me as well.
Ride Safe

Re: M Exam this Thursday in Oshawa

Wanted to update you guys on my exam outcome: I passed!! It wasn't the route posted earlier in a YouTube video, but it was very similar.
I had no problems maneuvering roads as I don't know Oshawa that well. earpiece fit good and I heard the instructor well. Thanks for steering me to the right notes and threads. It helped me a lot and I just wish I would start reading it a week earlier rather than the night before. Shout out to Sunny87. We met early in the the morning. His s exam was first which he passed with ease and also passed to few tips to me as well.
Ride Safe

Congrats to you both...

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Many thanks to all, I passed today in Oshawa. Now I'm a member of GM club.

But there were some surprises.

First of all, the fee was increased to $85.00. Secondly, the walkie talkie was not clear to me, the volume was fine but the sound had some static noise on the background. Thirdly, the route is changed, that really freaked me out. I made a route on the google map, the new route is like this:
Oshawa New Route
Not sure why they changed the route, but I saw a lot of constructions on the original route, maybe because of the constructions. Or maybe they felt all the testers were too familiar with the route, they suspected the route was posted on a site like gtamotorcycle..... :razz:

Anyway, my examiner was John, a really really nice guy. He checked my turn signals, honk, front and rear brake. Then the test started. Overall I felt I was gonna fail, because I missed one lane change on the high way, almost missed the high way entrance once, and when I came back to parking lot, I missed the first entrance and entered the parking lot at the traffic lights. But John told me I did very good, ten mistakes(3 x no left-right-left, 1x slow on highway, 1x brakes on curve, some wrong tire track...). He also told me he likes my bike (2011 BMW F800R, blue white color), maybe it was the bike made him let me pass?

Again, thanks for all contributed the valuable info.

Last edited:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Thirdly, the route is changed, that really freaked me out."

This is why I question the desire/need to know the route in advance. If you have no expectations, there are fewer surprises.

But congratulations are still in order, so well done!

Passed today in Burlington, yey! The advice in this thread covers everything nicely. One of the best tips I picked up was to put an earplug in the ear without the earpiece. It definitely made it easier to hear the instructions clearly.

Here is the Downsview M2 Exit exam route as of May 13th 2014:

http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=2778130

Good luck! Useful tip : the Downsview testers want to see you FLASH your brake light as you slow down and exit the 401.

Passed my M last Tuesday at Downsview. This is the exact route as posted by Xhumeka (Thanks for your help!). Practising the route definitely helped as during the day, traffic and construction is a huge mess that can be overwhelming at times. Add the fact that the headset works MOST of the time, knowing where to go really helped with my confidence and let me focus on the environment rather than being lead blindly. Good luck everyone! Woot GM club!

Here is the Downsview M2 Exit exam route as of May 13th 2014:

http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=2778130

Good luck!

Hello all, passed my M2X in Downsview yesterday thanks in great part to this thread. Thank you to all who contributed.

If you have any questions about the specifics to the test, I encourage you all to WRITE them down on a piece of paper and ask them before the test starts. Your examiner will gladly answer them before the test starts. After reading the M2X portion of the motorcycle handbook, I'm sure you all have questions as to some ambiguities in there.

My course was pretty much as Xhumeka mentioned above, except that instead of a right on Renshaw, they made me turn a block later on Dalraith, then right on Camborne and right on Langholm.

Important: I encourage you all to practice the Keele highway exit at least once before the test as it is grated for repaving right now and has substantial potholes. Look well ahead and around you to spot the dangers.

Otherwise, don't spend more than 5 seconds without doing anything. Mirrors, Left-Right-Left at intersections. And if you do a practice run, take note of the speed limits, I lost a point for going too slow.

My name is John i will be taking my M2 exit test in burlington, what i want to know is the route that you mentioned, is it always that exact route. I am doing mine on July3, 2014. Also when you get off the highway at walker's line, you turn left then go straight to north service road, Do you keep on the same road all the way to the burlington drive test center, or do you make any detours on the way back. I reall must know, and thank-you very much for answering my questions, much appreciated, sincerely, John Kulchyckyj.

is this the same route they are still using in 2014, i am taking my M2 exit next week in burlington, and want to be sure about exact road routes. Sincerely John.

My name is John, i am taking my M2 exit in burlington soon, is this the same route ex: north service rd, left on indurial st, left on stanley etc?

My name is John, i am taking my M2 exit in burlington soon, is this the same route ex: north service rd, left on indurial st, left on stanley etc?

if you count on the route you read online and its not the same you will freak yourself out, trust me. They can always change it due to road closures or accidents or whatever so go with an open mind you will be fine

Just passed my M in Aurora started at 220 pm with Jahan.

I passed with 4 mistakes and this thread certainly help tremendously so thank you for everyones contribution.

Few things about my test:

Route was; Henderson-Young South-bloomington east-404 north- exit wellington west- after bayview there are some railroad tracks, i turned left at the next street, not sure of the name and we did some emergency stopping with stop signs and stuff.

I was asked to do all the typical things, nothing out of the ordinary. Highway was 2 sets of lane changes; driving lane (right lane) to middle then back to driving lane (right lane), twice. He also asked me to do lane changes in the city but cars were too close and moving faster than I was so I stayed put.

I missed some of the directions he gave me but he just directed me down the next street instead.

I also stalled at a stop sign, he mentioned it and gave me a mark for it put its not a critical error so it doesnt matter much.

Wouldnt say its easy but just follow the advice given in this thread to a T and make sure you exaggerate everything to the maximum.

The headphone worked well on the roads, until you get to the high way. Luckily told me the route before hand so I knew which exit (wellington) and he advised me that every time he says something on the highway it means change lanes and back to the driving lane when safe to do so. So i just waited to hear his scrambled voice and did exactly that.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom