Bridgestone batt lax , is it me or the tire ? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bridgestone batt lax , is it me or the tire ?

At 38 psi

Both front and rear should be at 36 on a warm day (15 degrees+). If you're gonna ride in a colder temp, drop it down to 32-34.

I have a 750. The stock settings are 42R/36F. On cold days I'll run 40R/34F.

And thanks for the no rear brake tip, its still the motocross rider in me. I have a feeling when i jump on the dirtbike im gonna use the front brake lol
Front brake on a dirtbike = trouble lol

There you go. Every modern tire (even dunlops) are more capable then you are. I grew up riding dirt too and was sliding all over on my first street bike as well.

What about the pirelli diablo? I know they're old tires but they're also more affordable than pp3

diablo rosso 2 were great improvement from stock tires for me on my 250. I'd get them again. there's not much hope for any tire in these temperatures. I have pilot road 2s now and they are great all around but I wouldn't push them hard right now. I got them to last longer. The rosso 2 didn't look like it was going to last too long. pp3 are getting a lot of raving from people so worth a shot. powers won't last as long as road, but they'll stick better I guess.

Same tires that came OEM on my bike. Removed chicken strips down to 1/8" on both sides with my girlfriend on the back, combined weight with gear and backpack maybe 450 lbs? It's for sure not the tires. That being said, I felt much more confident and stable with Pilot Power 3's on my last bike. Like people have basically been saying, the Bridgestones aren't BAD tires but they aren't the best.

Lower pressure, quit using the rear brake. I recommend Metzler M5's. Great tire. Everyone has their opinions on what rubber to use.

I just picked up a vstrom 1000, the previous owner just put brand new Bridgestone Trailwings(death wings) on it. I could cry. They suck on wet pavement, suck even worse at dirt/gravel/grass, passable on dry pavement. They do play well at super moto type slides though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BattleAx 016's have been the worst tire I've ever had. I've always stood by Diablo Corsas'.

Why do you guys have your pressures set so damn high?

holy hell ..

I follow the service manual unless it's too cold.

Plus Fawaz seems to agree; every time I bring my bike in the PSI is set to 36F/42R.

Diablo supercorsa is usually the #1 tire in tests of hypersport rubber followed closely by the dunlop Q2 or 3 but they are all so close and better than anyone could possibly need on the street. Run what you have until it is worn out then pick something new, the tire you have now is more capable than most riders and better than race tires were 10yrs ago. You can still drag a knee on modern touring tires how much more capable do you want?

Pressure is too high. Tire is cold. Pavement is cold.

32psi cold and you will have much better results.
it is the Dunlop and Bridgestone Tires fault

thanks to everyone for their answers

ok now off the topic (i dont want to start a new thread for every question i have)
my forearms and wrists seem to hurt after i ride :\ what can i do to prevent that from happening or minimize it.
i know all sport bikes have that in common, some worse than others, what do you guys do ?

thanks to everyone for their answers

ok now off the topic (i dont want to start a new thread for every question i have)
my forearms and wrists seem to hurt after i ride :\ what can i do to prevent that from happening or minimize it.
i know all sport bikes have that in common, some worse than others, what do you guys do ?
Read this http://www.citybikerblog.com/2007/05/keeping-it-light/

and then this
http://www.citybikerblog.com/2007/05/riding-tips-finding-the-right-position/

Last edited:
Thanks for the explanation.

Dunlop has always used artificial fibers, I dont know why. They had used Aramid in the Qualifiers before. I don't enjoy this as the carcass flexes in the corners. Steel offers me better road feel & more confidence around corners. There is more feedback

Just my humble opinion

Sent from my tablet using my paws

Back
Top Bottom