Bridgestone batt lax , is it me or the tire ? | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bridgestone batt lax , is it me or the tire ?

Wow. Do I ever look stupid. I had no idea about all these ****** tires.

8 bikes.
20+ years of riding
400 000+ kms ridden

"I need new tires"

"What do you want?"

"Put a new set of what's on the bike."

Man.....I could have been killed.

I need to pay more attention to all these people with opinions.

^ this

I have used the best tire and the worst tire and everything in between..

Are they all the same? Heck no!

BUT

If you can feel the grip difference of a tire while riding street then you are riding way way way too aggressive and or fast for the street

If you feel the grip difference of a tire in cold or wet weather.. Whichever condition it may be.. Then you are riding too aggressively and or fast for the weather and road condition.

Your cold tires are like hockey pucks, remember that.

There really is no back brake on the GSX-R. You're likely standing on it coming from motocross. It's gonna take you a while to make the adjustment to 80% front brake. Having said that, the best riders come from motocross, so you'll learn fast and you'll do well.

Move from the Battlax 016's to 023's, same performance, much longer life:

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/29958/i/bridgestone-battlax-bt-023-sport-touring-front-tire

http://www.petes-superbike.com/bt023-c-2234_1_85_111.html

FWIW,

I swore off Dunlop’s a long time ago when I had an OEM set on a Suzuki. I bought a set of Q3’s at the end of last year for the ZX10 and have to say I really like them. It’s mostly road riding since I have a dedicated track bike but I’ve been to the track with them twice.

I had Pirelli Diablo Corsa Rosso’s on the bike before that and always found the sidewalls to be a little “squishy”. The Q3 is definitely stiffer and I like the feel better.

Just my $0.02….. They seem to warm up really fast on the street. A few miles and you’re good to go. On the track I did use warmers and they were sticky as soon as wheels hit the pavement, but you could certainly get away without warmers.

I feel the Q3’s do have a more rigid-feeling carcass than my previous Pirelli’s and Michelin’s and I can be a little more aggressive when accelerating or braking. Steering is precise, the bike rolls into corners nicely and the bike is stable, but on the street the ride is still fairly compliant and the ride is not that harsh. For someone who does a combination of track and street I would think they would be a good choice.

Would I buy another set… Yes I would.

I've ridden on Q2's, but only on track(good grip) so I can't comment on mileage. I've heard nothing but good things about the Q3 as a road/trackday tire.
I got 12,000km+ out of the last pair or Q2's on a GSXR1000 on street miles. I've ran two sets of Q2's and I've currently got the Q3 on now. Excellent tires and highly recommended.

Thanks man, if you've tried both are they better than Q3's?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Q3 is supposed to be better tire in wet street conditions as well as warmup. But both are very good tires.

Back
Top Bottom