blackberry 10 | Page 63 | GTAMotorcycle.com

blackberry 10

I'm developing a shoulder harness for BB new products, wear it with a T shirt Ala Miami Vice. Its going to be a thing.

that phone is huge, i'm in the minority because I email and make calls and not much else, but that is ridiculous. What comes next? giant radios perched on shoulders?

Don't knock the 80's, bro. ?

Last edited:
I'm developing a shoulder harness for BB new products, wear it with a T shirt Ala Miami Vice. Its going to be a thing.

You're late to the party.
GUESS (GES - NYSE) has stated they are in the process of (re-)vamping the Murse / Man Purse for the new Betty Phone.

The large tablets don't interest me (none of them do). The phone-sized devices work for being used as a phone or while traveling. If I want to get any work done, I want a real full-sized screen and proper keyboard, for which I have the laptop that I'm typing this on. My Z10 has been fine.

I assume you mean the pop up toast notifications at the top of the screen? Discretion for those has been improved.. you no longer see them for conversations you are currently in.

If you pause a video, the controls are displayed by default.. I assume so you can easily unpause.. but one quick tap on the video and they disappear (I take it you want to take a a screen shot or something? ) another quick tap brings the controls back.

Dark theme for the hub is said to be coming in 10.3.1 which SHOULD he Novermber-ish

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
All very good news, thanks!

Passport vs Note4

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/BlackBerry-Passport,Samsung-Galaxy-Note-4/phones/8854,8577

Doctor says this one is a still birth!

Who the hell is BB in competition with, the iPhone 4?!?!?!?!

DESIGN
Device typeSmart phoneSmart phone BB comes out:
OSBlackBerryAndroid (4.4)Debatable
Dimensions5.04 x 3.56 x 0.37 inches (128 x 90.3 x 9.3 mm)6.04 x 3.09 x 0.33 inches (153.5 x 78.6 x 8.5 mm)L
[/COLOR]
DISPLAY
Physical size4.5 inches5.7 inchesL
Resolution1440 x 1440 pixels1440 x 2560 pixelsL
Pixel density453 ppi515 ppiL
TechnologyLCDSuper AMOLEDL
Colors16 777 21616 777 216T
TouchscreenMulti-touchMulti-touchT
FeaturesLight sensor, Scratch-resistant glassLight sensor, Proximity sensor, Scratch-resistant glassL

CAMERA
Camera13 megapixels16 megapixelsL
FlashLEDLEDT
Aperture sizeF2.0
FeaturesBack-illuminated sensor (BSI), Autofocus, Touch to focus, Optical image stabilization, Face detection, Burst mode, Digital zoomAutofocus, Touch to focus, Manual focus, Digital image stabilization, Optical image stabilization, Face detection, Smile detection, Exposure compensation, ISO control, White balance presets, Burst mode, Digital zoom, Geo tagging, High Dynamic Range mode (HDR), Panorama, Macro mode, Night mode, Scenes, Effects, Self-timer, Voice activationL
Camcorder1920x1080 (1080p HD) (60 fps)3840x2160 (4K) (30 fps), 1920x1080 (1080p HD) (60 fps)L
FeaturesOptical image stabilizationOptical image stabilization, Continuous autofocus, Picture-taking during video recordingL
Front-facing camera2 megapixels3.7 megapixelsL

HARDWARE
System chipQualcomm Snapdragon 800 8974-AAExynos 5433?
ProcessorQuad core, 2200 MHz, Krait 4008-core, 1900 MHz, ARM Cortex-A57 and ARM Cortex-A53L
Graphics processorAdreno 330ARM Mali-T760?
System memory3072 MB RAM3072 MB RAMT
Built-in storage32 GB32 GBT
Storage expansionmicroSD, microSDHC, microSDXC up to 64 GBmicroSD, microSDHC, microSDXC up to 128 GBL

BATTERY
Capacity3450 mAh3220 mAhW
Not user replaceableYesL

1 win in the battery life department? and then they sacrificed the battery swap feature they had been trying to leverage against apple for years now? Guess they abandoned advising their dedicated followers from carrying around back up batteries! Bwahahaha!!!!

So who are they competing with in the business world? Talk about shooting for the bottom!

Do teenage-instagramming-texting-girls even have pockets big enough in their jeggings / yoga pants for the Passport?

This is a real useful dick size battle for those who want a keyboard. Uh, I mean those who don't want a keyboard. Uh, I mean... nope, not a useful comparison at all.

That it may be a whole lot better at getting s*** done completely escapes you and your precious girls in leggings, and BB is totally fine with that. If it doesn't sell, that's fine too. Their survival isn't in the balance for this one phone. Let the chips fall where they may (unless there's an opportunity to be a spec sheet ninny, then rage on, kid!)

Last edited:
I often find myself staring at my 16:9 computer screen wishing I had a 4:3 or totally square one instead SO I COULD GET **** DONE u know? LOL

I often find myself staring at my 16:9 computer screen wishing I had a 4:3 or totally square one instead SO I COULD GET **** DONE u know? LOL
A square screen gives the maximum screen real estate for a given bulk. You'd need a 4.9" screen at 16:9 to get as much display space as the Passport at 4.5". It's a compromise if you want to watch a lot of video, but that's not what most people consider as getting **** done.

Oh, and you should try removing your keyboard from your computer, then see how much **** you get done. And unplug from the wall to see how long you can get **** done for.

Yep, serious people work on square papers, square documents, square spreadsheets and presentations, and thus square screens. This is normal for people who get **** done. Its been this way for years.

Apparently this blackberry is also the first device with a battery, so it doesn't require being plugged in! The future is NOW!!!!!

Yep, serious people work on square papers, square documents, square spreadsheets and presentations, and thus square screens. This is normal for people who get **** done. Its been this way for years.

Apparently this blackberry is also the first device with a battery, so it doesn't require being plugged in! The future is NOW!!!!!
You were comparing it to your home computer. If we're going to rate things on the Getting-S***-Done index rather than spec sheet hoopla, the points about portability and usage are very relevant.

BTW the Passport can produce documents in 8.5 x 11 if that's what you need. Or any format, really. I guess that's something you're not familiar with using your highly productive home computer.

I'd formulate a thorough rebuttal but my 16:9 monitor doesn't support it.

We all know that if the Passport had an Apple logo on it, and good ole Steve-o was pitching it, it'd be the greatest thing since sliced bread.

This square design, and its astonishingly unique keyboard/trackpad, and remarkable 36 hour battery life, shows far more daring "outside the box" thinking and brilliant design than we ever seen from the other companies lately.

True, its not for "everyone", but for its target audience... medical, guys who work on spreadsheets on the go, .pdfs, blueprints, blasting out emails and communications, etc. the Square form factor can't be beat.

Z073CRv.jpg

^^ no greasy finger prints or blocked views on the giant screen as you use the trackpad to move the photo around or zoom in.

3H9rLDb.png

^^ physical home butttons. :lol:

UY7jbTC.jpg

^^ Whats with the ghey double circle buttons on the iphone6? :lol:

Last edited:
I like the zoom they used in that spreadsheet photo to make the blackberry more appealing. Pardon me while I get the ol' magnifying lens out...

True, its not for "everyone", but for its target audience... medical, guys who work on spreadsheets on the go, .pdfs, blueprints, etc. the Square form factor can't be beat.

***Unless you still think having a ghey physical home button is "innovation", or having to turn your soapbar shaped phone sideways everytime you want to read a larger file.

Z073CRv.jpg

^^ Whats with the ghey double circle buttons on the iphone6? :lol:

cecqk.jpg

Back
Top Bottom