blackberry 10 | Page 62 | GTAMotorcycle.com

blackberry 10

More mystery for Betty, et all:

TORONTO - Billionaire investor Prem Watsa is facing an investigation by Quebec's securities regulator over possible insider trading or tipping.

Slow news day.
This can be said for any Billionaire investor.

coming out later this week from everybody's favourite "bankrupt" company. :lol:

quad core, 3g ram, 453ppi (blows away iph6 resolution), monster 3450mah battery, and nifty keyboard that doubles as a trackpad.

Get the "whole picture" (BB Passport pictured with Iph6)......

UY7jbTC.jpg

http://berryflow.com/2014/09/blackberry-passport-pictured-iphone-6/

Last edited:
Who's got pants with pockets that that think will fit into?

Looks great. Worth looking into for sure. Appears to blow the iP6 away. I love the wide screen, and yeah I can fit it into my pocket.

poor blackberry... one failure after another

Maybe they'll try a circular phone next :lol:

wide screen is nice, but that won't fit into my jeans... lol

I've played with one... It's big.. very big.. But it does fit into the average pocket. For its purpose it's a fantastic device..the wide screen makes reading on it best in class and that keyboard is very cool. But it's a two hander for sure.. For that reason alone I think I'm going to pass for now. I use a phone one handed to often to sacrifice that.. But it's no different then the note 4 or any of the other phablets in that regard, I just like something a little smaller. And with the 10.3 upgrade my Z10 is like a new device.

$599 USD for passport. Much cheaper than its competition. Hopefully it sells well. Time will tell whether this form factor is a hit or miss (but kudos to BB for trying something different).

This stupid PPI race is like megapixels in cameras. Who gives a $#$@ anymore, they are all better than the eye can resolve. It's marketing pure and simple, I'd rather have 350 ppi and longer battery life or larger screen in the same body or almost anything else. Hopefully all the manufacturers get past this stupid metric and start working on actual innovation.

Last edited:
$599 USD for passport. Much cheaper than its competition. Hopefully it sells well.
Will be interesting to see for sure.. The price is great, but due to its size it's not going to be the device for everyone and they know that too.. I'm not sure how many units they'll consider a success.

Rumour is another all touch model will be unveiled on Wednesday as well.. Possibly a Z20.

BlackBerrry Blend will almost definitely be shown off.. Something I'm very much looking forward too.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

I've played with one... It's big.. very big.. But it does fit into the average pocket. For its purpose it's a fantastic device..the wide screen makes reading on it best in class and that keyboard is very cool. But it's a two hander for sure.. For that reason alone I think I'm going to pass for now. I use a phone one handed to often to sacrifice that.. But it's no different then the note 4 or any of the other phablets in that regard, I just like something a little smaller. And with the 10.3 upgrade my Z10 is like a new device.
Like what I see for 10.3 but dunno if it fixes a few bugs like getting notifications of a text from someone while your texting them, and the control bar staying on screen when you pause video?

Also would really love a dark theme BB Hub but there's no suggestion we'll get it this time. At least Twitter has added a dark theme to their app, which is supposed to be functional only with 10.3 from what I gather.

Like what I see for 10.3 but dunno if it fixes a few bugs like getting notifications of a text from someone while your texting them, and the control bar staying on screen when you pause video?

Also would really love a dark theme BB Hub but there's no suggestion we'll get it this time. At least Twitter has added a dark theme to their app, which is supposed to be functional only with 10.3 from what I gather.
I assume you mean the pop up toast notifications at the top of the screen? Discretion for those has been improved.. you no longer see them for conversations you are currently in.

If you pause a video, the controls are displayed by default.. I assume so you can easily unpause.. but one quick tap on the video and they disappear (I take it you want to take a a screen shot or something? ) another quick tap brings the controls back.

Dark theme for the hub is said to be coming in 10.3.1 which SHOULD he Novermber-ish

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk

Flop form factor.

No innovation here. Reminds me of the Nokia era of every variation of form factor imaginable which led them into an irrelevant quirky death spiral.

Taking a step back into the 4:3 format era. No variation in switching from portrait to landscape. Same square shape = compromised video and image viewing. Look out for 2 black bars or a cropped image thus negating the bigger screen format.

Sharp edges will be annoying in pants and look stupid. Expect four protruding pointy corners in fine wool pants up and down bay street. If it even gets traction.

This looks like a reach from BB, but seeing as how they are all but flat lined, it's unexpected decent news from a company we have come to expect nothing from.

Last edited:
that phone is huge, i'm in the minority because I email and make calls and not much else, but that is ridiculous. What comes next? giant radios perched on shoulders?

Passport vs Note4

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/BlackBerry-Passport,Samsung-Galaxy-Note-4/phones/8854,8577

Doctor says this one is a still birth!

Who the hell is BB in competition with, the iPhone 4?!?!?!?!

DESIGN
Device typeSmart phoneSmart phone BB comes out:
OSBlackBerryAndroid (4.4)Debatable
Dimensions5.04 x 3.56 x 0.37 inches (128 x 90.3 x 9.3 mm)6.04 x 3.09 x 0.33 inches (153.5 x 78.6 x 8.5 mm)L
[/COLOR]
DISPLAY
Physical size4.5 inches5.7 inchesL
Resolution1440 x 1440 pixels1440 x 2560 pixelsL
Pixel density453 ppi515 ppiL
TechnologyLCDSuper AMOLEDL
Colors16 777 21616 777 216T
TouchscreenMulti-touchMulti-touchT
FeaturesLight sensor, Scratch-resistant glassLight sensor, Proximity sensor, Scratch-resistant glassL

CAMERA
Camera13 megapixels16 megapixelsL
FlashLEDLEDT
Aperture sizeF2.0
FeaturesBack-illuminated sensor (BSI), Autofocus, Touch to focus, Optical image stabilization, Face detection, Burst mode, Digital zoomAutofocus, Touch to focus, Manual focus, Digital image stabilization, Optical image stabilization, Face detection, Smile detection, Exposure compensation, ISO control, White balance presets, Burst mode, Digital zoom, Geo tagging, High Dynamic Range mode (HDR), Panorama, Macro mode, Night mode, Scenes, Effects, Self-timer, Voice activationL
Camcorder1920x1080 (1080p HD) (60 fps)3840x2160 (4K) (30 fps), 1920x1080 (1080p HD) (60 fps)L
FeaturesOptical image stabilizationOptical image stabilization, Continuous autofocus, Picture-taking during video recordingL
Front-facing camera2 megapixels3.7 megapixelsL

HARDWARE
System chipQualcomm Snapdragon 800 8974-AAExynos 5433?
ProcessorQuad core, 2200 MHz, Krait 4008-core, 1900 MHz, ARM Cortex-A57 and ARM Cortex-A53L
Graphics processorAdreno 330ARM Mali-T760?
System memory3072 MB RAM3072 MB RAMT
Built-in storage32 GB32 GBT
Storage expansionmicroSD, microSDHC, microSDXC up to 64 GBmicroSD, microSDHC, microSDXC up to 128 GBL

BATTERY
Capacity3450 mAh3220 mAhW
Not user replaceableYesL

1 win in the battery life department? and then they sacrificed the battery swap feature they had been trying to leverage against apple for years now? Guess they abandoned advising their dedicated followers from carrying around back up batteries! Bwahahaha!!!!

So who are they competing with in the business world? Talk about shooting for the bottom!

Do teenage-instagramming-texting-girls even have pockets big enough in their jeggings / yoga pants for the Passport?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom