blackberry 10 | Page 65 | GTAMotorcycle.com

blackberry 10

What you're waiting for is the Visa or Victoria
Possibly.. But that's rumoured to be a slider. Not that that's a bad thing.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Finally I can connect my blackberry to other devices... it truly is 2006.

Without the use of a VPN? Being able to access, use and respond to email, documents, text and BBM across ALL my devices no matter what platform?

The closest thing I've seen to BB Blend, which is the same concept, is Apples new Continuity feature found in the latest bug ridden iOS. in true Apple style, it only functions across Apple devices only.

Welcome to 2014.

Last edited:
10.3 is skipping in market devices actually. You're waiting for 10.3.1 which should be sometime in November. And yes, blend will work with all current devices at that point.

I love my Z30 . But not having the update before blend comes does not make sense .

How rude, they only released the feature on their newest phone. Boy o boy.

How rude, they only released the feature on their newest phone. Boy o boy.

Yes, and in a months time it will be available to all BlackBerry 10 devices.

The BlackBerry of old would have announced the phone, then made it available. 2months from now on 3 carriers in 2countries, then 6 months after that made it available to more carriers, etc. They're getting better. They announced the passport on the Wednesday and it was available online and with an exclusive carrier for a week. As of Oct 1st, it's gonna be available at most major carriers world wide.

They've stopped the bleeding, slowly recovering and their focus is purely enterprise. As archaic as legacy and enterprise environments are, there are a lot of them and that's what BlackBerry is going after.

The average consumer? Yeah, might pick up a phone or two, but that's not their focus any longer.

Never realized how much I miss my old physical keyboard till I tried the Passport.

I realize it every single day. I don't remember typos with my keyboard, now they're in every, text tweet and posy.
^^^ that should read "post".

If you are in the market for a Passport and want to buy outright...

official BB store : www.shopblackberry.com

enter coupon code : SHOPBBSAVE15

If you go on canadian site, you save $174 off list price.

If you have US connection, you save even more as the list price is lower.

If you are in the market for a Passport and want to buy outright...

official BB store : www.shopblackberry.com

enter coupon code : SHOPBBSAVE15

If you go on canadian site, you save $174 off list price.

If you have US connection, you save even more as the list price is lower.

Around 500 I would be in .

Sold out. Again.

Without the use of a VPN? Being able to access, use and respond to email, documents, text and BBM across ALL my devices no matter what platform?

I'm pretty sure I can do this with Android and iOS (and probably Windows Phone)... maybe I'm missing the point of how Blend works or something.

Google has Drive and IMAP Gmail... it's right in the OS. Documents can be shared between any device with a browser (or by downloading the Win or OSX versions of the Drive app). iOS takes it a step further with having Facetime and iMessage on iPad as well as OSX. What more does Blend do?

I'm pretty sure I can do this with Android and iOS (and probably Windows Phone)... maybe I'm missing the point of how Blend works or something.

Google has Drive and IMAP Gmail... it's right in the OS. Documents can be shared between any device with a browser (or by downloading the Win or OSX versions of the Drive app). iOS takes it a step further with having Facetime and iMessage on iPad as well as OSX. What more does Blend do?

For the enterprise environment that has a few more layers of authentication to get through.

For most people in the average sized corporation, it's like this: open up work laptop, sign in, open up vpn client, authenticate and sign in, open up email client sign in. Now you're ready to email. With Blend, you just open up Blend from any device, and those other layers of authentication are handled directly on the phone. This is not for the every day consumer because they have, like you said, a myriad of options through google docs, etc.

For the enterprise environment that has a few more layers of authentication to get through.

For most people in the average sized corporation, it's like this: open up work laptop, sign in, open up vpn client, authenticate and sign in, open up email client sign in. Now you're ready to email. With Blend, you just open up Blend from any device, and those other layers of authentication are handled directly on the phone. This is not for the every day consumer because they have, like you said, a myriad of options through google docs, etc.
Mind you even for the every day consumer it allows them to bbm and text from their PC or tablet which there aren't other proper solutions for.

It also allows you to have access to all your data and messaging account on a tablet or PC but instantly remove all traces of same as soon as you disconnect your phone. Great for a shared or office PC on which you don't necessarily want to log into your accounts.

I'm not well versed with the Google services , but I do have Apple stuff. Blend is closest to Apples new Continuity and Hand off features they just introduced. The difference being that Blend works across All the platforms and it works great on my PC and Macbook. Very handy.

Apples only works with their stuff only which kind of sucks if you're like me and refuse to be locked down on only one platform.

Sent from my Passport

Last edited:

Cool, sounds like a handy corporate feature for sure.

Back
Top Bottom