Best Burger Joint? | Page 14 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Best Burger Joint?

C & Dubbs is wicked. My suggestion is Jumbo Burger at Dundas and Runnymede rd. Haven't changed for over 30 years. Fry portions were always massive! Great value for money as well.

I live burgers but i find Every burger joint is so so these days. Back in the day Johnny's in scarboro rocked. But then the Indians bought the joint and well the rest is history.. I buy the keg burger from costco and throw it on the BBQ.. It comes out as good as any burger you can find.

"If i was educated, I'd be a damn fool"

I live burgers but i find Every burger joint is so so these days. Back in the day Johnny's in scarboro rocked. But then the Indians bought the joint and well the rest is history.. I buy the keg burger from costco and throw it on the BBQ.. It comes out as good as any burger you can find.

"If i was educated, I'd be a damn fool"

Same with Apache IMO. Throw Weber's on the "Past Glory" list as well. Taste embellished by memories.

I have been conditioned by my loving health conscious wife to buy lean everything. I swear she looks for low fat bottled water.
We normally buy lean burgers ie PC Blue Menu but she was away for the weekend and I cheated on her buying PC Angus fatty ones. Almost twice the calories per burger, but great.

And then there's the bun. What ever happened to breads? A Kaiser used to have a different taste. Now they are just bread in the shape of a Kaiser, edible mattress stuffing.

Forty or so years ago the Cataract Inn had a lunch counter run by a Dutch lady and she baked her own burger buns. There was a yeasty sensation that hit the roof of your mouth just as the burger and condiments flooded the tongue and sides. Heaven.

Same with Apache IMO. Throw Weber's on the "Past Glory" list as well. Taste embellished by memories.

I don't think that Apache tastes much different than 25 years ago, imo. Still a good burger. And the price is right.

And then there's the bun. What ever happened to breads? A Kaiser used to have a different taste. Now they are just bread in the shape of a Kaiser, edible mattress stuffing.

Have you tried the Brizzola buns by D'Italiano? They remind me of a soft potato bun. They make my burgers taste better. But they are white, so you may have to wait till the wife isn't around.

Well that ^ didn't work.
I like Apache as much as I did 25 years ago.

And try the new Brizzola buns. Really soft.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 Windows Phone using Tapatalk

So many burger joints these days! The great thing about burgers is it's hard to get it wrong unless you're some kind of burger connoisseur (apparently everyone is these days ;) ). My favourite burger changes depending on my mood. I would love to see an In N' Out burger in Toronto.

Big boy in Georgetown. It's an American thing. Haven't had one in years. Good food and the owner is a nice guy. Seems to always chat about the bike with me.

Big boy in Georgetown. It's an American thing. Haven't had one in years. Good food and the owner is a nice guy. Seems to always chat about the bike with me.

Bob's Big Boy used to be all over Canada. That's why it's in the Austin Powers movies. In fact there used to be one in Bramalea City Centre, years back.

Really? I can't say I remember them. How long ago? I recall them personally from Illinois and Michigan.

Really? I can't say I remember them. How long ago? I recall them personally from Illinois and Michigan.

Remember, I've been in Brampton for more than 40 years ;)

I can't remember when it finally closed down but it was definitely gone by the time that they added the stuff on the north side of the mall. More than 20 years ago.

So it was there in the early 80s? I lived in Brampton then. I'll ask the folks. Maybe they'll remember. On a side note...The fire pit on kennedy and queen was good. That I recall :D

So it was there in the early 80s? I lived in Brampton then. I'll ask the folks. Maybe they'll remember. On a side note...The fire pit on kennedy and queen was good. That I recall :D

I would say early '80s. It was on the top level, The Bay end on the south side, just before The Malt Stop (also long gone). I'm not sure, but there might also have been one at Shoppers World Brampton.

I only went to The Fire Pit a couple of times, but it was OK.

*EDIT* And there definitely was a Roy Rogers at Shoppers World Brampton, when I was in high school, and they made a pretty good burger.

*ANOTHER EDIT* I don't know if they're related to the original company, but there's a place in Georgetown that definitely has the old Bob's Big Boy statue on their roof:

http://bigboyburgerco.com/get-directions/

Last edited:
Bob's Big Boy used to be all over Canada. That's why it's in the Austin Powers movies. In fact there used to be one in Bramalea City Centre, years back.

There was a Big Boy at the Shopper World mall in Brampton in the early 70's, right across from the K mart. There was actually a decent sports shop in the mall then also, I bought several pair of skiis in there (my mom truthfully) . I was in that mall for the fiurst time in two decades last month, its a world alright, but not a shoppers world.

I find a lot of burger places have really sub-par buns. Especially craft/big smoke burger. I expect fast food to have low quality ingredients but not something selling itself above that. Dempsters buns probably. I think Weston company has ruined bread in Canada. Oddly enough, the best hamburger buns I could find in grocery stores come from Superstore, come in a 6 pack at the bakery, some in house buns, but not the ones in bins (which are all crusty and dry).
Burger priest is the best burgers I have had in a long time. I wish there was Red Robin in Ontario. THey are great out west. White spot is good too. I rank my findings on quality/price ratios though, so Burger King gets a high rating from me.

I have yet to pay for a burger anywhere that rivals the ones I can make in my own backyard.
100% hand ground beef spiced to my liking. Smoked with either oak or apple and then reverse seared at over 800 degrees. Topped with double smoked bacon and a buttered and flame toasted bun.
It's not a quick meal but it's worth the work!!

Back
Top Bottom